Start by marking “The Wallflower, Vol. 3 (The Wallflower, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Wallflower, Vol. 3 (The Wallflower, #3)

The Wallflower, Vol. 3 (The Wallflower #3)

4.18  ·  Rating Details ·  1,878 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
A BEAUTIFUL MIND . . . MAYBE

A fabulous foursome of gorgeous guys may live in a magnificent mansion for free, but only if they can turn Sunako, the horror-movie-obsessed, fashion-illiterate niece of the owner, into a proper lady. Oh, and did the aunt mention that Sunako needs to get good grades, too? Sunako must achieve an average above 80 percent, or the deal’s off.

No prob
Published March 29th 2005 by Del Rey (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Wallflower, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wallflower, Vol. 3

Holly Letson
3.75*

This was an enjoyable read, but it could have been better. I keep reading this series, because Sunako is such a great character.
Christyn
The Wallflower, Volume 3 was another great installment to the series. I am totally gushing over it all over again! It was another fun, hilarious, and at times bloody ride through their world!

In this volume we start where we left off from volume 2 with the “Blood-scatteringly steamy love at the hot springs, part 2” where we finally figure out what really happened to the owner (okay, it is pretty obvious - but still it was great to read!). From there we go to the boys’ next task - helping Sunako
Puji P. Rahayu
Feb 24, 2012 Puji P. Rahayu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sunako harus mendapat nilai 80 di ujian matematikan. Karena Takenaga adalah yang paling pintar di antar keempat cowok cantik, Takenaga bersedia mengajari. Nyatanya, Sunako lempeng-lempeng aja dan nggak peduli sama ulangannya. Hal ini membuat Kyouhei kesal karena kalau sampai Sunako tidak lulus uang sewa akan kembali seperti semula.

Oke, volume ini tambah lucu. Apalagi, ada gambar Kyouhei yang lagi cupu. Sunako cupu juga sih. Jadinya unyu gitu.

description

description"

Terus, ternyata Sunako masih kepikiran dengan ciuman
Nick
Feb 12, 2008 Nick rated it it was amazing
Overall Rating: B
Synopsis: A Shōjo comedy/romance manga created by Tomoko Hayakawa. At the beginning of the manga, Sunako Nakahara confesses her love to a boy, who utterly rejects her and tells her she's ugly. As any reasonably young person would do, Sunako then discards all traces of her femininity, and retreats into odd and morbid hobbies, such as collecting skulls.

Fortunately, Sunako's aunt owns a mansion that four gorgeous boys live in (huh?). Apparently, the boys pay rent to live in the ma
Luna
May 27, 2012 Luna rated it really liked it
Overall series review (mostly) 4 Stars - so far, I’ve still got a few to go…
Additional: Like most long running series there are some duff chapters/volumes

Sunako is my spirit animal. Only she’s not an animal… we’d be ideal friends if both of us came out of our caves long enough to interact.

I re-started The Wallflower series this year and it while I do think it’s too long (36 book total) and doesn’t actually develop much past its initial plot. I also like it for this reason. In a way The Wallfl
Yue
I still think this is a fun story, and I still like Sunako (chibi Sunako!). But the stories in this volume were kind of senseless... The chapter about studying for the exams was enjoyable... but I do not understand why the guys were dressed up like teachers, or why were they all studying, except their classmates.

Then, the chapter about the photographer. And last, the one about the gansgters... where did they come from? This "Boss"... he suddenly wanted Sunako as his woman, and challenged Tanako.
Eme Blue
Mar 19, 2014 Eme Blue rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I can't help it. I LOVE this manga.
There's been some fun in this volume, some nonsense fight and blood just as Sunako likes, and some love too. You see, this is one of the things I like most about this manga. The flourishing love between Takano and Sunako is far from conventional. Takano is the one that knows he likes her -,let's face it, he knows!-, while Sunako has not a single clue. In shojos this is usually the opposite. And Takano is the ideal one for Sunako because he challenges her and d
Chibineko
Oct 29, 2010 Chibineko rated it liked it
This volume wraps up the hot spring plotline and manages to show the beginning of the boys' acceptance of Sunako. While the artwork that doesn't surround things the author likes tends to suffer, the storyline is always good.

This volume is a great example of what this series has going for it. The characters are interesting, the premise is new, and the series is willing to take a few semi-safe chances with a shoujo comedy.

I'd recommend this in a heartbeat.
Thetravelingpanda
Apr 27, 2014 Thetravelingpanda rated it it was amazing
This series is just getting better with each volume!!!!! This volume was really fun especially when Sunako discovers, well remembers, that she kissed Kyohei.It's fun to reread it and look how different their relation is in the last volume from this one. And Noi-chan is becoming a more recurrent character!
Jeffrey
Volume 3 has some fun short arcs, including one following up on Sunako's possession from Volume 2, and a photo shoot from hell after a photographer decides to do a themed shoot of Sunako. Nothing terribly exciting, but it passes the time entertainingly.
Lauren
Dec 20, 2013 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Loved this series. I love reverse harem type series especially when the girl is considered to be 'plain.' Nakahara was a hilarious character and I loved all of her creepy ways.

It was similar in my mind to Boys Over Flowers. Same general concept and characters.
Sara
Aug 04, 2011 Sara added it
Shelves: manga, shoujo, humor
lol! This series is so funny at first, but I kind of got tired of the same ol' same ol'. The character art is nice, especially the eyes! But there should really be someone concentrating on backgrounds.
Dexter
Feb 16, 2012 Dexter rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, romance, humor, shoujo
I like how it's not the same thing over and over again. Sunako does seem to be growing a little bit. And while growth isn't a neccessity in shoujo manga, it's still nice.

Plus, it's all really funny.
Nicole
Dec 04, 2013 Nicole rated it it was amazing
I am still enjoying this managa, a fun, easy read, that is good for filling a little bit of free time.
Azizah Zahra
Jun 18, 2012 Azizah Zahra rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic
At first, i think this manga will be boring because I didn't like the drawing style. But, when I read it more and more, there are some funny parts!
Rachel
Dec 11, 2010 Rachel rated it really liked it
Still as odd as usual, and lots of little subplots, but much better than the second one. I was laughing my head off at Yuki-kun and Ranmaru-kun, as per usual. :)
Izzie
Oct 21, 2014 Izzie rated it really liked it
it funny to see how diffrent it was from the anime reading this.
Vera Neves (Sinfonia dos Livros)
Jun 15, 2015 Vera Neves (Sinfonia dos Livros) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-lidos
looooooool... é impossível n gostar da Sunako
Addie Madsen
Apr 22, 2014 Addie Madsen rated it it was amazing
Sunako is so cool!!!
Kristine Hansen
Dec 10, 2013 Kristine Hansen rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Actual storyline? Plot development? OK this series is lacking a little in these areas, but it's still fun to read.
Alice Frost
Alice Frost rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2010
Kippychan
Kippychan rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2011
Samantha Rose
Samantha Rose rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2007
Yukino
Yukino rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2012
Lilly
Lilly rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2015
None None
None None rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2013
Reggie
Reggie rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2011
Madeleine Davies
Madeleine Davies rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2012
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2010
  • Hana-Kimi, Volu. 12 (Hana-Kimi, #12)
  • W Juliet, Vol. 2
  • Girl Got Game, Vol. 2
  • Othello, volume 6
  • Mars, Volume 03
  • Ceres: Celestial Legend, Vol. 12: Tôya
Tomoko Hayakawa (はやかわ ともこ, Hayakawa Tomoyo) is a Japanese artist and writer, best known for her ongoing manga The Wallflower, which has spawned both an anime and a live action series.
More about Tomoko Hayakawa...

The Wallflower (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 1 (The Wallflower, #1)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 2 (The Wallflower, #2)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 4 (The Wallflower, #4)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 5 (The Wallflower, #5)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 6 (The Wallflower, #6)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 7 (The Wallflower, #7)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 8 (The Wallflower, #8)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 9 (The Wallflower, #9)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 10 (The Wallflower, #10)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 11 (The Wallflower, #11)