The Wallflower, Vol. 3 (The Wallflower, #3)

The Wallflower, Vol. 3 (The Wallflower #3)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  1,251 ratings  ·  18 reviews
A BEAUTIFUL MIND . . . MAYBE

A fabulous foursome of gorgeous guys may live in a magnificent mansion for free, but only if they can turn Sunako, the horror-movie-obsessed, fashion-illiterate niece of the owner, into a proper lady. Oh, and did the aunt mention that Sunako needs to get good grades, too? Sunako must achieve an average above 80 percent, or the deal’s off.

No prob...more
Published March 29th 2005 by Del Rey (first published July 13th 2001)

Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 01 by Bisco HatoriFruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoBeauty Pop, Vol. 1 by Kiyoko AraiFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu Arakawa
Awesome Manga
174th out of 356 books — 125 voters

More lists with this book...

Eme Black
I can't help it. I LOVE this manga.
There's been some fun in this volume, some nonsense fight and blood just as Sunako likes, and some love too. You see, this is one of the things I like most about this manga. The flourishing love between Takano and Sunako is far from conventional. Takano is the one that knows he likes her -,let's face it, he knows!-, while Sunako has not a single clue. In shojos this is usually the opposite. And Takano is the ideal one for Sunako because he challenges her and d...more
Puji Rahayu
Sunako harus mendapat nilai 80 di ujian matematikan. Karena Takenaga adalah yang paling pintar di antar keempat cowok cantik, Takenaga bersedia mengajari. Nyatanya, Sunako lempeng-lempeng aja dan nggak peduli sama ulangannya. Hal ini membuat Kyouhei kesal karena kalau sampai Sunako tidak lulus uang sewa akan kembali seperti semula.

Oke, volume ini tambah lucu. Apalagi, ada gambar Kyouhei yang lagi cupu. Sunako cupu juga sih. Jadinya unyu gitu.

description

description"

Terus, ternyata Sunako masih kepikiran dengan ciuman...more
Nick
Sep 11, 2008 Nick rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Overall Rating: B
Synopsis: A Shōjo comedy/romance manga created by Tomoko Hayakawa. At the beginning of the manga, Sunako Nakahara confesses her love to a boy, who utterly rejects her and tells her she's ugly. As any reasonably young person would do, Sunako then discards all traces of her femininity, and retreats into odd and morbid hobbies, such as collecting skulls.

Fortunately, Sunako's aunt owns a mansion that four gorgeous boys live in (huh?). Apparently, the boys pay rent to live in the ma
Thetravelingpanda
This series is just getting better with each volume!!!!! This volume was really fun especially when Sunako discovers, well remembers, that she kissed Kyohei.It's fun to reread it and look how different their relation is in the last volume from this one. And Noi-chan is becoming a more recurrent character!
Sakura Yue Michaelis
I still think this is a fun story, and I still like Sunako (chibi Sunako!). But the stories in this volume were kind of senseless... The chapter about studying for the exams was enjoyable... but I do not understand why the guys were dressed up like teachers, or why were they all studying, except their classmates.

Then, the chapter about the photographer. And last, the one about the gansgters... where did they come from? This "Boss"... he suddenly wanted Sunako as his woman, and challenged Tanako....more
Whereis
Another great volume!
Chibineko
This volume wraps up the hot spring plotline and manages to show the beginning of the boys' acceptance of Sunako. While the artwork that doesn't surround things the author likes tends to suffer, the storyline is always good.

This volume is a great example of what this series has going for it. The characters are interesting, the premise is new, and the series is willing to take a few semi-safe chances with a shoujo comedy.

I'd recommend this in a heartbeat.
Jeffrey
Volume 3 has some fun short arcs, including one following up on Sunako's possession from Volume 2, and a photo shoot from hell after a photographer decides to do a themed shoot of Sunako. Nothing terribly exciting, but it passes the time entertainingly.
Sara
Dec 20, 2011 Sara added it
Shelves: manga, humor, shoujo
lol! This series is so funny at first, but I kind of got tired of the same ol' same ol'. The character art is nice, especially the eyes! But there should really be someone concentrating on backgrounds.
Dexter/Persy
I like how it's not the same thing over and over again. Sunako does seem to be growing a little bit. And while growth isn't a neccessity in shoujo manga, it's still nice.

Plus, it's all really funny.
Rachel
Still as odd as usual, and lots of little subplots, but much better than the second one. I was laughing my head off at Yuki-kun and Ranmaru-kun, as per usual. :)
Azizah Zahra
At first, i think this manga will be boring because I didn't like the drawing style. But, when I read it more and more, there are some funny parts!
Kristine Pratt
Actual storyline? Plot development? OK this series is lacking a little in these areas, but it's still fun to read.
Nicole
I am still enjoying this managa, a fun, easy read, that is good for filling a little bit of free time.
Emmy Lou
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

I'm glad to know Sunako sucks at math. Just like me! lol
Amy Gideon
Entertaining but needs more structure.
Amanda Gonzalez
love this romance book ever its good .
Addie
Sunako is so cool!!!
CJ - Drop Dead Cute
Still really weird.
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Geneveive
Geneveive marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Sandra
Sandra added it
Jul 14, 2014
Tina Jones
Tina Jones marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
  • W Juliet, Vol. 2 (W Juliet (Graphic Novels))
  • Hana-Kimi, Volu. 12 (Hana-Kimi, #12)
  • Faster than a Kiss 06
  • Girl Got Game, Vol. 2
  • Special A, Vol. 12 (Special A, #12)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 07
Tomoko Hayakawa (はやかわ ともこ, Hayakawa Tomoyo) is a Japanese artist and writer, best known for her ongoing manga The Wallflower, which has spawned both an anime and a live action series.
More about Tomoko Hayakawa...
The Wallflower, Vol. 1 (The Wallflower, #1) The Wallflower, Vol. 2 (The Wallflower, #2) The Wallflower, Vol. 4 (The Wallflower, #4) The Wallflower, Vol. 5 (The Wallflower, #5) The Wallflower, Vol. 10 (The Wallflower, #10)