Start by marking “The Wallflower, Vol. 9 (The Wallflower, #9)” as Want to Read:
The Wallflower, Vol. 9 (The Wallflower, #9)

The Wallflower, Vol. 9 (The Wallflower #9)

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  1,094 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
A MATCH MADE IN HELL

Four of Japan’s hottest guys are struggling (in elegant surroundings) with the biggest challenge of their lives . . . transforming the geeky goth, Sunako, into a delicate lady. When Sunako’s auntie–and the guys’s landlady–arrives unannounced, she finds Sunako enjoying a slasher flick in the darkest recesses of her room. Clearly no progress has been made
Published September 26th 2006 by Del Rey (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Wallflower, Vol. 9, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wallflower, Vol. 9

Christyn
Things get real here!

Sunako-chan, I…I…am so disappointed!

The Wallflower, Vol. 9 was certainly more “serious” in this volume - especially the last chapter. This book (especially the last chapter - which left us with a cliffhanger) left me all sorts of discombobulated. If you’re just tuning into this series…I suggest you start with the earlier books (preferably in order) otherwise you will be totally confused and have no idea what is going on.

The first two chapters are connected (Part 1 &
Miss
Oct 06, 2014 Miss rated it it was ok
uhhhhh

look guys i am easily amused, my default method of enjoying entertainment is to laugh at it

as it turns out one of the few things i can't laugh at are...screw it, i know someone's going to jump on me for saying this and i don't care. the entire storyline where sunao's aunt tries to get kyohei to ladyfy sunao through sex? it was really really hard to read that and not think about corrective rape. i know it's not how she meant it and it's not how most people will read it but the text was ther
Lea
May 19, 2008 Lea rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: wallflower fans
Shelves: the-wallflower
my favorite,,,a bit hentai,,,,but nonetheless,,funny,,!
Puji P. Rahayu
Jan 20, 2016 Puji P. Rahayu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-comics
Perfect Girl Evolution Vol. 9

5 of 5 stars

Penulis: Tomoko Hayakawa

Penerbit: Level Comics

ISBN: 9792096345

JEGER…bibi Sunako datang!! Selama ini, tugas Kyouhei dkk untuk bikin sunako jadi LADY ‘kan belum berhasil… Untuk itu, akhirnya bibi susun rencana!! Demi mengubah Sunako, bibi sampai menjodohkan Kyouhei dan Sunako…

Review:

Aku mau comment covernya dulu. Jadi, di cover depan ada gambarnya Ranmaru yang pakai topi hitam dan lagi melet. Baru nyadar kalau matanya pink—apa merah ya? Ya kelihatan cakep s
Chibineko
Oct 29, 2010 Chibineko rated it liked it
Sunako's aunt finally begins to wonder if her niece is really as much of a lady as the boys claim she is & comes home unannounced... only to discover that Sunako is mostly unchanged. Her aunt decides that the only way to turn Sunako into a lady is to give Sunako her "first time" with Kyohei (she was told that they were a couple & was never told the truth). Sunako then has to survive a night with the "creature of the light". Also in this volume we begin to see more of Kyohei's past life w ...more
Nick
Sep 11, 2008 Nick rated it it was amazing
Overall Rating: B
Synopsis: A Shōjo comedy/romance manga created by Tomoko Hayakawa. At the beginning of the manga, Sunako Nakahara confesses her love to a boy, who utterly rejects her and tells her she's ugly. As any reasonably young person would do, Sunako then discards all traces of her femininity, and retreats into odd and morbid hobbies, such as collecting skulls.

Fortunately, Sunako's aunt owns a mansion that four gorgeous boys live in (huh?). Apparently, the boys pay rent to live in the ma
Whereis
Apr 22, 2014 Whereis rated it it was amazing
Great volume! Finally, we get some substantial character development and backstory on Kyohei! We also get to see his true feelings for Sunako show some too. For those that watched the anime, you will be pretty familiar with the second half of this book. It looks like next volume will tie up everything related to the anime.
Amy Gideon
Mar 29, 2013 Amy Gideon rated it liked it
2.5 / 3 stars

I didn't care for the first story. Trying to coerce people into sex is not cool. Also, I'm starting to feel that all the characters in this manga is superficial, including Sunako. So they're a bunch of "hot" guys...get over it already! This "creatures of light" crap is getting old. I'd love it if Sunako and pretty much every character would grow up.

The second story was better. We are shown some of Kyohei's demons and he's at least gaining some depth as a character. Not much, but so
Jeffrey
In this Kyohei-centered volume, Tomoko Hayakawa again reinforces the point that he is obviously the guy for Sanako. While it's been hinted at in previous volumes, this time we learn why Kyohei is the perfect choice.

In the first arc, the landlady shows up once again and decides the only way for Sanako to become a lady is for her to be imprisoned with Kyohei until she... becomes a lady.

In the second arc, Kyohei is kidnapped by the business owners in his hometown and we learn why Kyohei is staying
Thetravelingpanda
Apr 27, 2014 Thetravelingpanda rated it really liked it
Haha Auntie is back!!!
Yukino
Jun 27, 2016 Yukino rated it really liked it
Shelves: miei, 2009, manga
MIGLIORIAMO

Per fortuna! l'altra volta mio sono presa uno spavento e infatti ho aspettato a leggerlo, ma...
é andata bene.

Non è la versione con episodi al di fuori dal concetto di normale, infatti è più romanticosa...per così dire..ha uno sfondo più umano..e si scoprono storie e sentimenti dei personaggi.

Devo dire che mi è piaciuto...non è quello chemi aspettavo ma...finalmente si inizia ad intravedere un certo interesse da parte di Sunako verso.....e viceversa....

Da leggere!
Kristine Hansen
Jan 14, 2014 Kristine Hansen rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I would actually give this a 3.5 as I liked this one a bit better than most. Maybe it's because the boys aren't quite as flat as they've been in previous volumes.
Lauren
Feb 05, 2016 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Loved this series. I love reverse harem type series especially when the girl is considered to be 'plain.' Nakahara was a hilarious character and I loved all of her creepy ways.

It was similar in my mind to Boys Over Flowers. Same general concept and characters.
Yue
I feel sorry for Kyohei, although thankfully he is not a depressed or angry character, with all the drama that his life has. Yuki was cute on the chapter where he wants to be a cooler guy, instead of a cute boy.
Jenny
Nov 25, 2012 Jenny rated it it was amazing

More moments with Kyohei!!!! :))
Bahar Filiz
Feb 21, 2010 Bahar Filiz rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-fever-baby
come on sunako and kyohei!!! just kiss already!!
Palak
Palak rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2016
Dianna Caley
Dianna Caley rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2016
Loretta
Loretta rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Monique Eichman
Monique Eichman rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2016
Diana
Diana rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2016
Aug 28, 2016
Jan
Jan rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2016
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 18 (Hana-Kimi, #18)
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 06
  • キスよりも早く1 [Kisu Yorimo Hayaku 6] (Faster than a Kiss #6)
  • Girl Got Game, Vol. 9
  • W Juliet, Vol. 10
  • Special A, Vol. 12 (Special A, #12)
Tomoko Hayakawa (はやかわ ともこ, Hayakawa Tomoyo) is a Japanese artist and writer, best known for her ongoing manga The Wallflower, which has spawned both an anime and a live action series.
More about Tomoko Hayakawa...

The Wallflower (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 1 (The Wallflower, #1)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 2 (The Wallflower, #2)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 3 (The Wallflower, #3)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 4 (The Wallflower, #4)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 5 (The Wallflower, #5)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 6 (The Wallflower, #6)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 7 (The Wallflower, #7)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 8 (The Wallflower, #8)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 10 (The Wallflower, #10)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 11 (The Wallflower, #11)