The Wallflower, Vol. 7 (The Wallflower, #7)

The Wallflower, Vol. 7 (The Wallflower #7)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  928 ratings  ·  11 reviews
PAPA? MAMA?

Four of Japan�s hottest guys are doing their best in their mission to turn dark, macabre Sunako into a dainty young woman. Gorgeous Ranmaru is famous for his smooth way with the ladies. But when a cute toddler named Rin shows up calling Ranmaru �Daddy,� it seems that Ranmaru�s days of swinging bachelorhood may be over! Ranmaru swears that Rin is not his...more
Published March 28th 2006 by Del Rey (first published March 13th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Wallflower, Vol. 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wallflower, Vol. 7

Nick
Sep 11, 2008 Nick rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Overall Rating: B
Synopsis: A Shōjo comedy/romance manga created by Tomoko Hayakawa. At the beginning of the manga, Sunako Nakahara confesses her love to a boy, who utterly rejects her and tells her she's ugly. As any reasonably young person would do, Sunako then discards all traces of her femininity, and retreats into odd and morbid hobbies, such as collecting skulls.

Fortunately, Sunako's aunt owns a mansion that four gorgeous boys live in (huh?). Apparently, the boys pay rent to live in the ma
Chibineko
This is an interesting storyline, so why is is making me yawn? The stories are cute, but this volume really seems to deviate from the whole plotlines that have been going on before. It's just a bunch of filler.

In this volume the main story is Ranmaru discovering that he may have a son. Due to the propensity of his affairs, it's entirely possible that he may have a son (and I'd be surprised if he didn't). Of course Ranmaru is standoffish at first, but eventually it leads to Sunako taking charge...more
Jeffrey
Maybe last volume spoiled me, but this one didn't hold together as well as the previous volume. Four arcs this time.

In the first, Sanako accidentally consumes some hallucinogenic mushrooms which, for some reason, turn her into a normal lady, much to the surprising disappointment of the fellows.

In the second story, Ranmaru appears to have an illegitimate child but everyone knows that won't actually end up working out that way so it's not surprising.

The third arc is about a Halloween party hosted...more
Thetravelingpanda
it was fun to see Sunako act like a real lady for a change. Her attitude was so funny and so stereotyped!!! But yeah it was fun to see. I really wonder if she will end with Kyohei or not...
Rachel
Children and torture and ghosties, oh my! I find it hard to believe that Ranmaru-kun would be thinking of seriously being a dad, even after his "kid" left. He's fifteen, darnit! How fast do people grow up in Japan (especially when they don't age at all)?? But, I love Sunako-chan, and her little torture pain gore obsession. I was surprised at her seriously wanting to raise Ranmaru's kid; she never fails to surprise. Tama-san was a great addition to the whole hospital story, I think. Overall, I'd...more
Houa
Yuki brings home some mysterious mushrooms, after eating it, Sunako turns into a girly girl. The boys are so happy that Sunako has finally turned into a lady & they'll have free rent. Then they realize they prefer the old Sunako, they do everything they can to bring the old Sunako back.
Ranmaru gets stuck with a kid who calls him "Daddy," & everybody believes that it's his son, then the story goes on, don't want to give it away too much spiolers.
I really liked how Ranmaru can deny that...more
Sakura Yue Michaelis
Hmmmph, Morii is just 15-years-old and he may be a father! WTH! And the child was AT LEAST 3 years old. WTH!

The volume 7 has several silly stories, as always, but I enjoy reading this manga. Not sure if the butler they referred to in this volume is the same one I imagine, but it was a funny reference. There is also something paranormal going on when Takano is at the hospital.

Sunako, as usual, is crazy and gloom, and that is why I think she is the best character in The Wallflower.
Dev
This series is so odd but I enjoy it. It focuses more on the interactions between Sunako and four hot guys. There seems to be a slowly forming bond between the group. And Sunako is slowly becoming "beautiful" more often. Maybe she is becoming more comfortable with herself.
Dexter/Persy
I think Wallflower is losing its spark... While I did still really enjoy one or two of the stories, for the most part Vol. 7 is just okay.
Tink86
I absolutely love this manga series. It has such a cute story line and always makes me laugh.
LillyAnn
Still Loving it! i have to get the next one!!!!!!!!!
♥Juvia♥
♥Juvia♥ marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Alison
Alison added it
Aug 06, 2014
Maria Machado
Maria Machado marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Korin
Korin added it
Jul 31, 2014
  • Faster than a Kiss 08
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 8 (Hana-Kimi, #8)
  • W Juliet, Vol. 3
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 12
  • Girl Got Game, Vol. 6
Tomoko Hayakawa (はやかわ ともこ, Hayakawa Tomoyo) is a Japanese artist and writer, best known for her ongoing manga The Wallflower, which has spawned both an anime and a live action series.
More about Tomoko Hayakawa...
The Wallflower, Vol. 1 (The Wallflower, #1) The Wallflower, Vol. 2 (The Wallflower, #2) The Wallflower, Vol. 3 (The Wallflower, #3) The Wallflower, Vol. 4 (The Wallflower, #4) The Wallflower, Vol. 5 (The Wallflower, #5)