Start by marking “The Wallflower, Vol. 11 (The Wallflower, #11)” as Want to Read:
The Wallflower, Vol. 11 (The Wallflower, #11)

The Wallflower, Vol. 11 (The Wallflower #11)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  867 ratings  ·  13 reviews
A DATE WORSE THAN DEATH

Determined to turn goth loner Sunako into a real lady, and frustrated by their lack of progress, the guys persuade a reluctant Kyohei to take Sunako out on her first date. Now they just have to convince Sunako, who equates dating with suicide. They trick Sunako by promising her VIP seats at a pro-wrestling death match (the operative word being death)
Published March 27th 2007 by Del Rey (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Wallflower, Vol. 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wallflower, Vol. 11

Ashley Reed
okay so all of the books of wallflower are all just mostly about this girl and she loves drake and she has really like people but one day her aunt makes her move in a house full of just four teenage boys and then her aunt asking the four boys to make the girl into a lady. and all of the books are just about how the boys are trying to do their best to help out her aunt and make her a lady. now this is going to for the vol. 9 and vol.11 because they are all most the same but they are not like they ...more
Nick
Sep 11, 2008 Nick rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Overall Rating: B
Synopsis: A Shōjo comedy/romance manga created by Tomoko Hayakawa. At the beginning of the manga, Sunako Nakahara confesses her love to a boy, who utterly rejects her and tells her she's ugly. As any reasonably young person would do, Sunako then discards all traces of her femininity, and retreats into odd and morbid hobbies, such as collecting skulls.

Fortunately, Sunako's aunt owns a mansion that four gorgeous boys live in (huh?). Apparently, the boys pay rent to live in the ma
Sakura Yue Michaelis
There are still 2 more chapters in this volume that were included in the anime, such as the one where Hiroshi is kidnapped and the one where Naie and the other girl come to Sunako's house to have a party and when the 3 girls go to the spa (Sunako is so funny here; it is like one of her worst nightmares). One thing I liked more in the manga is that the kidnappers were just some random girls, not the annoying Goth-Loli group.

But there are also 2 other chapters, new for me (yay!). One is of the boy
Thetravelingpanda
So cool! Date número dos! And Ranmaru going crazy!!!!! This one was particularly funny and Sunako and Kyohei are getting closer in their friendship. Ho and also is it me or Sunako is getting smaller as the manga goes? I think I saw an interview were the author talked about that but it's not really shocking and it constants of her actual body that comes out when she gets all cool or just happy.
anenko
Every chapter of The Wallflower resembles the others. The boys are pretty and try to turn Sunako into a lady, Sunako is creepy and stubborn, and trouble follows them all. Sunako and/or the boys surprise and impress one another with an unexpected display of kindness, strength, or sense of camaraderie.

While nothing ever seems to change from book to book, I still love this series--probably more than it deserves. I love that Sunako is creepy and stubborn and unexpectedly kind. I love seeing reading
Miss
i enjoy volumes where the thesis statement is that sunao nakahara is amazing

which is great since that's what 90% of this series is about :D

my favourite part was when she kicked the guys out for being dicks to the girls

solidarity among sisters!

Whereis
Great volume. I think we are finally through every chapter related to the anime.
Lea
Apr 09, 2008 Lea rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anime fans as well
Shelves: the-wallflower
Kaitlin
Seriously...why do I keep reading these?

I don't find the plot terribly interesting or the characters particularly engaging. God, and don't get me started on the art.

I think what bothers me about the series is the whole notion of: You can be pretty if you just wear makeup and prance around in a dress! *temple rub*

I guess I'm continuing on with the series for two reasons:
1) I want to see Sunako and Kyohei hook up eventually
2) I have nothing better to do with my life apparently.
Kristine Pratt
I liked this a little better than the last ones. To me the characters seem to be growing a little bit more. I really loved the 'date' story!
Lauren
Loved this series. I love reverse harem type series especially when the girl is considered to be 'plain.' Nakahara was a hilarious character and I loved all of her creepy ways.

It was similar in my mind to Boys Over Flowers. Same general concept and characters.
Jeffrey
Sunako, Noi, and the Princess get to know each other and then Kyohei and Sunako go out... ...on their first date? Also some fun bits about Sunako dealing with bullying.
Amy Gideon
This one was pretty good. The story actually started moving again. We'll see if this lasts.
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Megan
Megan added it
Aug 16, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 2
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 18 (Hana-Kimi, #18)
  • キスよりも早く12 [Kisu Yorimo Hayaku 12] (Faster than a Kiss #12)
  • The One, Volume #9
  • Special A, Vol. 6 (Special A, #6)
Tomoko Hayakawa (はやかわ ともこ, Hayakawa Tomoyo) is a Japanese artist and writer, best known for her ongoing manga The Wallflower, which has spawned both an anime and a live action series.
More about Tomoko Hayakawa...

The Wallflower (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 1 (The Wallflower, #1)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 2 (The Wallflower, #2)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 3 (The Wallflower, #3)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 4 (The Wallflower, #4)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 5 (The Wallflower, #5)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 6 (The Wallflower, #6)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 7 (The Wallflower, #7)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 8 (The Wallflower, #8)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 9 (The Wallflower, #9)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 10 (The Wallflower, #10)
The Wallflower, Vol. 1 (The Wallflower, #1) The Wallflower, Vol. 2 (The Wallflower, #2) The Wallflower, Vol. 3 (The Wallflower, #3) The Wallflower, Vol. 4 (The Wallflower, #4) The Wallflower, Vol. 5 (The Wallflower, #5)