Start by marking “Lee Child Collection: Killing Floor, Die Trying, Tripwire (Jack Reacher #1-3)” as Want to Read:
Lee Child Collection: Killing Floor, Die Trying, Tripwire (Jack Reacher #1-3)

Lee Child Collection: Killing Floor, Die Trying, Tripwire (Jack Reacher #1-3)

KILLING FLOOR (Director: Michael Page) - "I was eating eggs and drinking coffee. I was in a booth, at a window, reading somebody's abandoned newspaper. Outside, the rain had stopped but the glass was still pebbled with bright drops. I saw the police cruisers pull into the gravel lot. They were moving fast and crunched to a stop. Light bars flashing and popping. Doors burst ...more
Audio, Omnibus, Abridged
Published August 28th 2002 by Brilliance Audio

Curt
Jan 11, 2009 Curt rated it it was amazing
I don't want to spoil this for other readers. I'll just say that I am currently reading the series as a friend of mine has them all and is lending them to me. Reacher is ex-military and trouble finds him wherever he goes. He uses his military expertise and contacts to solve each mystery. I've been told by ex-military people that the author is very authentic. Also, Child has his character all over the U.S., the geographics of his novels is rich. All of which amazes me given that the author is ori ...more
Siobhan
Oct 20, 2015 Siobhan rated it liked it
The Jack Reacher books are far from being the greatest literature on the planet, but they work well as guilty pleasures.

I admit, I have more than a couple of issues with the writing yet the stories are always entertaining and always make up for it. They are the kinds of books I have no wish to admitting I enjoy, yet I cannot deny the fact that I do enjoy the Jack Reacher novels.
Razvan Banciu
Jul 02, 2016 Razvan Banciu rated it really liked it
Excelent book, one of the best in recent times, there were five deserved stars until the last thirty pages.
The plot is interesting, the action is allert and twisted, characters are strong, Reacher is a likeable person, although he puts quite a small price on human lives. Above all, it's the style I've liked, more than the written facts. Unfortunatelly, last pages seem childish: the awkward highway shooting (with Picard staying alive?!? despite been shot with a powerful gun), the assault on the p
Kay
May 27, 2013 Kay rated it really liked it
Shelves: murder-mystery
I am definitely a Lee Child addict. I just finished reading Tripwire and it was great. I started out reading some of his newer Jack Reacher books and decided I needed to go back to the beginning. It has given me a much better understanding of Jack Reacher's back ground. This one had lots of twists and turns and even though somewhere along the story I thought I had it figured out (and I did) it wasn't until close to the end I was positive.
Erin
Aug 04, 2009 Erin rated it it was amazing
I have become a Lee Child addict. His character Jack Reacher has the answer to every situation in life. If I'm ever kidnapped, I know what to do. I know to use my elbow, not my hand if hitting someone in the head. Fantasies aside, Child is a writer so totally in command of details and structure that he deserves to be in the Literature section at Barnes and Noble, as opposed to Mystery.
Margaret
Sep 27, 2008 Margaret rated it it was amazing
A book to take with you on a vacation - a THRILLER - MYSERTY, INTRIGUE - WELL WRITTEN. There is a whole series of them - don't have to read in order. We trade them around in our Family. YOU WILL BE HOOKED!
Robin
all the boks are thrilling and you will love Reacher
Linda Connolly
Jan 04, 2013 Linda Connolly rated it really liked it
I have read the entire Jack Reacher series to date. Great overall.
Annabelle
Mar 22, 2014 Annabelle rated it liked it
Here we go again. Reacher gets off at a bus stop by a town in the south, because his brother mentioned a blues guitarist there. It is a creepy Stepford town, everything clean. Soon Reacher is being set up for a murder, and then another body turns out to be his brother, a higher up in the Treasury Department who is looking at a counterfeit scam. Reacher has a great love affair with a detective, Roscoe, which was well done. But it drags, and there are ridiculous plot contrivances. But, hey, we all ...more
Eric Shaffer
Jan 30, 2014 Eric Shaffer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In his early novels, Lee Child lets Jack Reacher show a little more emotion and be a little more vulnerable, and I found that as admirable as the near-Terminator-endurance of the later Jack Reacher. These three are shorter, and I would prefer the action more filled out, as it is in the later novels, but they are still entertaining, and for those want the whole arc of Jack Reacherdom, these books are well worth the read--or the listen, which, since Dick Hill is reading, I highly recommend. Enjoy.
Lance
these were ok. i had them as audio books, and the stories were very different. i have read many lee child/reacher books and really do like his stuff. i think it gets better and better. i read a comment that if the reviewer were ever kidknapped, jack reacher has taught what to do. funny. this is a series that has dramatically improved. i recomment 63 hours and the affair. 63 hours is part of a mini grouping..very nice.
Jim
Feb 19, 2008 Jim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
"Jack Reacher discovers the daughter of his best military commander and a disfigured Vietnam vet who stole an identity and lived a life of crime in NYC, assisted by his hook hand."
Rita
Dec 06, 2013 Rita rated it it was amazing
This is a set of several of his great titles. I love his Jack Reacher main character, who is nothing like the Tom Cruise portrayal, and style of writing.
Brian Davies
Brian Davies rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2013
Teresa
Teresa rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2013
Dulce Phelps
Dulce Phelps rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2012
Davidhadden.com
Davidhadden.com rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2014
David Brown
David Brown rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2016
Evaline
Evaline rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2013
Daphne
Daphne rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2013
Thyme
Thyme rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2013
Robert
Robert rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2014
Jenifer Adams
Jenifer Adams rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2016
Terrytracy Watts
Terrytracy Watts rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2015
John Morson
John Morson rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2013
Jennifer Clark
Jennifer Clark rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
May 27, 2013
Peggy
Peggy rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2015
Peter Martin
Peter Martin rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2013
Xzon Brown
Xzon Brown rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
  • Private Spies
  • Fool's Errand  (Fool's Odyssey #1)
  • Hush
  • Dangerous Curves (NASCAR, #1)
  • Five Past Midnight
  • Mahu (Mahu #1)
  • Foul Play (Sofie Metropolis, #3)
  • Past Perfect
  • Legwork
  • Bring The Heat
  • Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Crime (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #2)
  • Three and a Half Virgins
  • Banking on Death (John Putnam Thatcher, #1)
  • A Good Fuck Spoiled
  • Inferno
  • Licensed to Thrill: Volume 1 (Hunt For Reacher, #1-3)
  • A Vicky Hill Exclusive! (Vicky Hill, #1)
  • Company of Moths
Lee Child was born October 29th, 1954 in Coventry, England, but spent his formative years in the nearby city of Birmingham. By coincidence he won a scholarship to the same high school that JRR Tolkien had attended. He went to law school in Sheffield, England, and after part-time work in the theater he joined Granada Television in Manchester for what turned out to be an eighteen-year career as a pr ...more
More about Lee Child...

Jack Reacher (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Killing Floor (Jack Reacher, #1)
  • Die Trying (Jack Reacher, #2)
  • Tripwire  (Jack Reacher, #3)
  • Running Blind (Jack Reacher, #4)
  • Echo Burning (Jack Reacher, #5)
  • Without Fail (Jack Reacher, #6)
  • Persuader (Jack Reacher, #7)
  • The Enemy (Jack Reacher, #8)
  • One Shot (Jack Reacher, #9)
  • The Hard Way (Jack Reacher, #10)