Lee Child Collection: Killing Floor, Die Trying, Tripwire (Jack Reacher #1, #2, #3)

Lee Child Collection: Killing Floor, Die Trying, Tripwire (Jack Reacher #1-3)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  204 ratings  ·  14 reviews
KILLING FLOOR (Director: Michael Page) - "I was eating eggs and drinking coffee. I was in a booth, at a window, reading somebody's abandoned newspaper. Outside, the rain had stopped but the glass was still pebbled with bright drops. I saw the police cruisers pull into the gravel lot. They were moving fast and crunched to a stop. Light bars flashing and popping. Doors burst...more
Audio, Omnibus, Abridged, 0 pages
Published August 28th 2002 by Brilliance Audio

To ask other readers questions about Lee Child Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lee Child Collection

Curt
I don't want to spoil this for other readers. I'll just say that I am currently reading the series as a friend of mine has them all and is lending them to me. Reacher is ex-military and trouble finds him wherever he goes. He uses his military expertise and contacts to solve each mystery. I've been told by ex-military people that the author is very authentic. Also, Child has his character all over the U.S., the geographics of his novels is rich. All of which amazes me given that the author is ori...more
Kay
I am definitely a Lee Child addict. I just finished reading Tripwire and it was great. I started out reading some of his newer Jack Reacher books and decided I needed to go back to the beginning. It has given me a much better understanding of Jack Reacher's back ground. This one had lots of twists and turns and even though somewhere along the story I thought I had it figured out (and I did) it wasn't until close to the end I was positive.
Erin
I have become a Lee Child addict. His character Jack Reacher has the answer to every situation in life. If I'm ever kidnapped, I know what to do. I know to use my elbow, not my hand if hitting someone in the head. Fantasies aside, Child is a writer so totally in command of details and structure that he deserves to be in the Literature section at Barnes and Noble, as opposed to Mystery.
Margaret
A book to take with you on a vacation - a THRILLER - MYSERTY, INTRIGUE - WELL WRITTEN. There is a whole series of them - don't have to read in order. We trade them around in our Family. YOU WILL BE HOOKED!
Linda Connolly
I have read the entire Jack Reacher series to date. Great overall.
Robin
all the boks are thrilling and you will love Reacher
Annabelle
Here we go again. Reacher gets off at a bus stop by a town in the south, because his brother mentioned a blues guitarist there. It is a creepy Stepford town, everything clean. Soon Reacher is being set up for a murder, and then another body turns out to be his brother, a higher up in the Treasury Department who is looking at a counterfeit scam. Reacher has a great love affair with a detective, Roscoe, which was well done. But it drags, and there are ridiculous plot contrivances. But, hey, we all...more
Eric Shaffer
In his early novels, Lee Child lets Jack Reacher show a little more emotion and be a little more vulnerable, and I found that as admirable as the near-Terminator-endurance of the later Jack Reacher. These three are shorter, and I would prefer the action more filled out, as it is in the later novels, but they are still entertaining, and for those want the whole arc of Jack Reacherdom, these books are well worth the read--or the listen, which, since Dick Hill is reading, I highly recommend. Enjoy.
Lance
these were ok. i had them as audio books, and the stories were very different. i have read many lee child/reacher books and really do like his stuff. i think it gets better and better. i read a comment that if the reviewer were ever kidknapped, jack reacher has taught what to do. funny. this is a series that has dramatically improved. i recomment 63 hours and the affair. 63 hours is part of a mini grouping..very nice.
Rachel
Mar 30, 2014 Rachel added it
Brilliant! Defiantly worth a read!!
Evelyn Smith
I am hooked on Jack Reacher novels
Jim
Feb 19, 2008 Jim rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: fiction
"Jack Reacher discovers the daughter of his best military commander and a disfigured Vietnam vet who stole an identity and lived a life of crime in NYC, assisted by his hook hand."
Rita
This is a set of several of his great titles. I love his Jack Reacher main character, who is nothing like the Tom Cruise portrayal, and style of writing.
Becca
"Second in the series, equally compelling."
Daniel Hooks
Daniel Hooks marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Lee Child was born October 29th, 1954 in Coventry, England, but spent his formative years in the nearby city of Birmingham. By coincidence he won a scholarship to the same high school that JRR Tolkien had attended. He went to law school in Sheffield, England, and after part-time work in the theater he joined Granada Television in Manchester for what turned out to be an eighteen-year career as a pr...more
More about Lee Child...
Killing Floor (Jack Reacher, #1) One Shot (Jack Reacher, #9) Die Trying (Jack Reacher, #2) Without Fail (Jack Reacher, #6) Tripwire  (Jack Reacher, #3)