Start by marking “Mouth to Mouth” as Want to Read:
Mouth to Mouth

Mouth to Mouth

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  2,611 ratings  ·  136 reviews
In Love, There’s No Such Thing As A Simple Plan

Rule #1: Cops maintain their distance.
It was just supposed to be your average stakeout. My partner and I would scope out both the coffee shop and Laurel Wilkins, the latest target of con man Trevor Dean’s scheme to meet women online and bilk them of their money--and everything else.

Rule #2: Cops think fast on their feet.
So I
Published November 1st 2007 by Brava (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Mouth to Mouth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mouth to Mouth

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaThe Undomestic Goddess by Sophie KinsellaEdible Delectables by Amy WisemanBet Me by Jennifer CrusieA Little Bit Cupid by Jennifer Shirk
Cute and quick romance novels.
123rd out of 358 books — 151 voters
Lover Awakened by J.R. WardDark Lover by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole
Best Smut Books
424th out of 1,033 books — 998 voters

More lists with this book...

Shawna
5+ stars – Contemporary Romance

This is a very cute, funny, spicy romantic read with a sexy, rugged, alpha detective who finds himself completely out of his element when he goes all soft and mushy for a woman he meets on his latest police investigation. The last thing Russ wants or needs is a relationship because between his demanding job and raising his teenage brother Sean, there’s no time left for a personal life. Laurel is tired of being the perpetual “good girl” and living a somewhat shelter
Rane
When Laurel Wilkins is targeted by a con artist who steals from women whom he meets on the net, Detective Russ Evans is stuck between and rock and a hard place with using Laurel as bait to lure the con artist or find a way to get her into his bed for a wild fling that will leave both wondering if it’s more then a fling and more along the lines of love

This was such a cute read with nothing heavy in drama and more along the lines of couple dealing with their problems and meeting in the middle g
Corrine
Sep 08, 2009 Corrine rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Corrine by: Shawna Razzaz
It’s very rare that I come across one five star book in a whole month, let alone two in one weekend. Saturday, I was fed up with reading book after book where the protagonists spend half the book bickering or just hating each other. It seems like no writer is willing to introduce genuine emotional tension, so they manufacture some reason that the hero and heroine can’t get along. Which is fine – once in a while. But book, after book, after book seemed to be like that, so I took a much-need break ...more
K.
Oct 02, 2009 K. rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to K. by: Shawna Razzaz
"Mouth to Mouth" by Erin McCarthy; Present Day Contemporary Romance (with a splash of suspense) 4-1/2*

Russ and Laurel

After so many angsty and tortured heros, it was a nice switch to read this somewhat real life romance. Russ, a meat and potatoes/"every man" cop is coincidentally thrown together with Laurel, a sexily sweet girl next door (although of the "mansion next door" set) while investigating a local con who targets women and rolls them of their money. Ironically, the con that Laurel was su
Mojca
Russ Evans is floored when the woman he and his partner have been watching, hoping a con artist would approach her, jumps up from her table, calls him by his name, and hugs him. What the heck? How does the woman know him? And what does she mean she was waiting for him?

Well, maybe she meant that she was waiting for him because they had a date, and she knows him because they've been chatting online for the past month or so.
Only that Russ doesn't even own a computer and even if he did he wouldn't h
Miss Kim
Sep 15, 2009 Miss Kim rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everybody!
Recommended to Miss Kim by: Mahlet, Shawna, Corrine
LOVED this book! It was like eating cotton candy and getting a secret thrill that tastes so good but I shouldn’t be eating it I had so much to do, but I couldn’t put this book down. Russ, Russ, Russ. He is currently my favorite hero. The always-do-the-right-thing cop that is a little put upon. He ranks right there with Ben Lawson from ‘Talk Me Down’.

He’s the guardian of his 13 year old brother since the death of his parents. He has been struggling with handling his own grief in the past year si
Julianna
Oct 19, 2009 Julianna rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Lighter Contemporary Romance or Erin McCarthy
Reviewed for THC Reviews
"3.5 stars" Mouth to Mouth was a pretty good book, but wasn't as amazing as I was expecting it to be based on other readers' glowing reviews. Normally, I'm not overly influenced by reviews, because I have found books that others hated which I loved and vice versa. This time, I must have been influenced more than usual though, because I think I went into reading this one with somewhat high expectations, only to finish it feeling a little disappointed and oddly unsatisfied.
Kathrynn
Sep 20, 2009 Kathrynn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Shawna, Kim and many others
4 1/2 Stars! This was a nice, modern romance with a hint of suspense thrown in the mix. Stir the pot and toss in some really hot scenes, comical dialogue and that sums of this little romance set in Cleveland, Ohio--in winter. Brrr. The cold temperature is mentioned in several places, so I felt it, too.

Nicely written. Neat characters: Laurel and Russ. Laurel was a deaf woman, age 25, who was finally ready to get out into the world and live. She used her mom as an excuse, but when her mom's chara
Mahlet
Loved this! Very funny, touching and HOT!

Laurel lost her hearing due to a childhood illness. She went off to college, and tried to assert her independence, studying to be a teacher. Once her father died and left her the house, she returned to her hometown to live with her mother and clerk at a candy shop. She enjoys what she does, but she’s tired of living a safe, unadventurous life…and one that includes no sex in the last 6 years! After some heated internet chatting with a gentleman using the
Adrienne
Sep 13, 2009 Adrienne rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Adrienne by: Shawna Razzaz
Shelves: library-loan
I thought this book was brilliant!! funny and humourous,sometimes a little bit sad, sometimes thought provoking, sweet! OMG what more can I say other than just read the other reviews to get a good reason to read this!

The humourous one-liners had me chuckling away like a fool on the train:) but the underlying stories of who do you trust? how you treat fellow human beings? and the importance of just being 'who you are' were very strong for me.

It was refreshing to read such a sweet, sexy (yes hot
Emily
Russ Evans is a love em and leave em Cop, who although would never seek commitment with another woman, finds himself hunting down a con artist who seesks out dumpy women, has them fall in love, and than takes there money and runs. Currently Russ is staking out what looks to be his next victim, Laurel Wilkins. Something is not adding up though because the beauty through his binoculars is far from the women he chases, believing she is an accomplice, Russ just needs a closer look before deciding ho ...more
Daisiemae
Feb 27, 2008 Daisiemae rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Daisiemae by: I like the author
I have read several books by Erin McCarthy. I haven't been disappointed in any of them so far. I think her characters are well developed, and the sexual chemistry as well as the relationship that develops between them is always well written.
Russ Evans is not looking for a relationship. Having the responsibility of raising his younger brother, dealing with the death of his parents and being a cop he does not have the time or the inclination to have a girlfriend.
Laurel Wilkins is looking for a se
Diane ~Firefly~
Jun 09, 2012 Diane ~Firefly~ rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Diane ~Firefly~ by: Shawna
Shelves: contemporary, romance, cat
Well if you are looking for a steamy romance with a hint of danger, this is the book for you.

What I enjoyed:
* Laurel. It is unusual to have a heroine with a handicap (she's deaf) and she's lived a sheltered life, but seems to be ready to take control.
* Sean. Poor kid has had his life turned upside down and his brother can't seem to figure out what to do.
* Cat and Jerry because they are cute together.
* Ferris, the cat was a definite character.

What could have been better:
* A little less steam and
Shadow
3.7 stars!

This was a pretty nice book. Not earth-shattering but nice. Sometimes,I got a little frustrated and angry with the main characters, but by the end, all the problems were solved and they weren't annoying at all. My favorite character was Sean, Russ's little brother. I thought he was just awesome and I felt for him. Character development was awesome.

I like reading books where either the girl or the guy, one of the main characters, have some kind of physical problem. Reading these books
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
Hi. I'm Laural Wilkins. I'm deaf. (Well, rich and deaf but who's keeping track.) I feel a little lonely so I think I'll engage in some random sex with a random guy I met online. Well, the guy I thought I was meeting showed up. Except he wasn't the guy I was chatting with. Oh well. I guess I'll just have sex with him instead. He is hot and sexy after all.

If you can get over this brief digest of the opening of the book, they you'll probably really like the book. The sex was hot and fun (the candy
Celeste
Nov 10, 2008 Celeste rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Contemporary romance
There is something about the way Erin McCarthy tells a story that just appeals to me in every way. I have yet to read a book of hers that I haven't absolutely LOVED. This one is no different. I love the character development in this story and they're so easy to fall in love with. And FUNNY! There are so many moments that I find myself laughing out loud whenever I read ANY of her books.
Tasha
I really enjoyed this book because it kept me laughing throughout. Loved Russ and Laurel as well as Cat and Jerry. Cat and Jerry added even more humor to an already humorous story. Great chemistry between the two couples, and very steamy love scenes. Laurel is such a sweetie (or should I say "bunny" LOL) that you can't help but like her.
Mary:   Harry Dresden's Love Slave
I love this book. I've read it several times now. It's one of the few books that I reread on a regular basis. I'm not normally a rereader. But I loved the 2 main characters. I'm not good a reviews so I don't know if I can even say why. Other than that the book makes me smile every time I read it even though I know what's going to happen.
Victoria
4.25 RATING- A cute and enjoyable contemporary story that I'm glad I took the time to read. While there is a suspense story line it is definitely secondary to the romance which develops between the two main characters, Russ and Laurel, and really only provides a backdrop for the relationship. No major suspense, no kidnappings, drama, etc.

I really enjoyed the interaction between Russ and Laurel and loved how protective this hero was over the heroine, who happened to be deaf. The steam level was
Katie(babs)
Erin McCarthy has done it again with Mouth to Mouth. Her latest book was so good that I didn't want it to end. It was witty, sexy and with a heroine who even though she has a disability, doesn't let that defer her from having a life and love. And the hero thinks he belongs on the dredges of society, that is until he meets the wonderful heroine and beings to feel worthy.

Laurel, is deaf and lives with her mother. She doesn't date much because of her disability and decides to use on-line dating to
Cheap and Lazy
Make no mistake, this is a contemporary erotic romance. Think Lisa Marie Rice on laughing gas. The love scenes are both graphic and erotic (not necessarily the same thing). While there are many, they occur naturally in progression with the story. The heroine was wonderful. I felt her deafness added depth to her character and felt authentic. The hero was over-the-top alpha (which I love in a romance, especially an erotic one); the villain and other secondary characters well-drawn. The story was p ...more
The Pleasures Chest
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, very well written. Laurel is a 25 year old deaf woman who wants to be treated like every other normal independent woman and not a sheltered woman because of what others consider a disability. Russ is a cop who doesn't want a permanent relationship because of his job and he has to raise his teenage brother, who by the way starts off as a hellraiser. They meet while Russ is investigating a con-artist.

The book was funny, sexy and I also got choked up once or twice.
MountainKat
Very sweet story! I liked both the hero and the heroine. He was the tough cop, who really wasn't all that tough, taking care of his younger brother and never looking to settle down. She was the good girl, looking to be a little wild for once in her life. Add in a con man ripping off unsuspecting women for a little drama - also a good way to drive the hero crazy, and you get a really enjoyable book!
Hazel
This was in a pile of romance novels I borrowed while on holiday. I think it was the only one I finished. I was interested that the leading lady was deaf, and there were repeated references to a split between deaf people who sign and those who lip-read. This wasn't explored further, but I wondered if these were cultural differences, and how they might be perceived by deaf people.
Diana
Laurel, a sheltered deaf girl, is the next target of a con man. Russ is the policeman tracking the criminal. When their paths collide, sparks fly.

Absolutely fabulous. Both Laurel and Russ are great, with no real problems and issues between them. The external conflict doesn't ever take over the story and isn't too distracting. Plus it's plenty steamy!
Cathiecaffey
This I should have read long ago!! Its absolutely a keeper. With a heroine who is deaf, this author has it right on target with the different adjustments and culture and more with those who are deaf. But even more, a way passionate romance and suspense that has been keeping me totally hooked. This is for the keepers (treasure) shelf!
Cindy
Contemporary romance with protected sex. This is an oldy, but goody from EM & a favorite reread (although I haven't read it in a few years.
Copyright 2005.
If you didn't know better, you'd think this was a Lori Foster. The writing style is very similar. The same basic plot also. In this one, Em's heroine is deaf. Laurel is sheltered by her family & has few friends & no boyfriend. She chats with "Russ" on line & they arrange to meet. Little does she know that Russ is really a cop
Ashley♥Alexis
This was a great book! I loved the characters and the progression of the relationship. The dialog was good and often hilarious. Nice light reading with some chuckles thrown in.
Deaf or blind heroine 2 19 Aug 28, 2013 08:48PM
  • When Good Things Happen To Bad Boys (Includes: Dean Brothers & Friend, #3)
  • Letters to a Secret Lover
  • Midnight Angel (Midnight, #3)
  • Public Displays of Affection
  • Get A Clue
  • He's No Prince Charming
  • Do Over
  • Completely Smitten (Silhouette Special Editions, #1520)
  • Moving Target
  • Kept (Gemini Men, #2)
  • Getting What You Want (Stepp Sisters Trilogy, #1)
  • Grace Under Pressure
USA Today and New York Times Bestselling author Erin McCarthy sold her first book in 2002 and has since written almost fifty novels and novellas in teen fiction, new adult, and adult romance. Erin has a special weakness for New Orleans, tattoos, high-heeled boots, beaches and martinis. She lives in Ohio with her family, two grumpy cats and a socially awkward dog.
More about Erin McCarthy...
Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1) Hard and Fast (Fast Track, #2) High Stakes (Vegas Vampires, #1) True (True Believers, #1) Hot Finish (Fast Track, #3)

“Then he was forming letters again, one at a time on her back, while Laurel clung to him, full of heart and body, still joined to him intimately. Wanting his words, needing them, moved profoundly by them.
I love you.
One letter after the other, until they were all there, telling her everything she needed to know here in the dark.”
2 likes
“Laurel watched his lips intently as he spoke. He thought it was pretty amazing that she knew what he was saying just from reading his lips. But it also meant a lot of times her eyes were on his mouth, not meeting his gaze. Which gave him the sneaky ability to watch her more closely than he could anyone else, without her thinking he was staring.” 2 likes