Start by marking “The Perfect Match” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Match

The Perfect Match

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  175 ratings  ·  16 reviews
SHE'S GOT A KNACK FOR TROUBLE--AND IMPOSSIBLE DREAMS...At twenty-seven, free-spirited Rowena Brown has never fit in anywhere--not with her ambitious family, not at veterinary school and certainly not in any relationship she's ever had. But surely the good people of Whitewater, Illinois, will welcome a pet-store owner whose talent is finding the perfect home for "problem" a ...more
Published December 1st 2007 by Harlequin Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Match

Just - The romance reader
I checked out this book from the library because when I picked it up I saw a dog on the cover and thought, "Awww, a love story involving a dog!" The book didn't take the path I expected, but it was even better for it. I found myself not wanting the book to end, I was so torn between rushing to find out what would happen next and slowing myself down so I didn't get to the end too fast. Highly recommended!
Sandralsuarez
The characters are easy to identify with...they're a little more "normal" than the characters in most chick lit. This was a great story.
Christine
There were some things I really enjoyed about this book, and some things that didn't work for me. Overall, I'd say it was good, and as this is the first book I have read by this author, I would give her another try.

Rowina is supposed to have a special gift for matching people with pets. She also has an insatiable need to rescue people and animals, one that gets her into trouble more often than not.

Cash, on the other hand, lives a well-ordered life that revolves entirely around his youngest dau
Leya
Rowena has a gift. She's able to match problem pets (after rehabilitation) to a perfect owner. When she matches her hyper Newfoundland dog to shy Charlie, she thinks it's a match made in heaven, until she meets Charlie's father. Cash is a single father to two little girls, Charlie and Mac. The last thing he needs is a pet, he has enough problems juggling work, babysitting and physical therapy, he doesn't have time to deal with a troubled dog. Then disaster hits, and Rowena is thrown in the mix o ...more
Cassandra
I really liked this book while I was reading it, but it stayed with me in a bad way afterwards. This book isn't as "light" as it seems. The author did a great job getting me to care about the characters, and the hero has plenty of believable emotional challenges from the get-go. But towards the end, she goes into more detail about what makes him angst-ridden and she made it way too dark and grim for me. I was already involved enough in the character's emotions just thinking that his daughter had ...more
Carol
I loved it! The characters had such depth especially Cash, the hero. Very tortured but dedicated to his daughters. Rowena the earth-mother heroine was perfect for him. And Clancy aka Destroyer was fun.
Lisa
Jul 13, 2014 Lisa added it
Iu
Faithann
Enjoyed every minute of this book, from start to finish. The characters were likeable, and the story was a good one, I laughed and cried, got mad and happy. I got this book off of the goodreads bookswap with the intention of listing it when I was done. However, I enjoyed it so much, that I now plan to keep it so that I may ready it again when I get the fancy for a little of Rowena's magic.
Jen
Deputy Cash Lawless (I know the name is ridiculous), lives with his 2 young daughters in IL. Meg, the youngest daughter, can't walk due to a car accident. Their mother left them after the accident.

The deputy is trying to get Meg to walk again, while also trying to keep his family going.

He gets a little help from the local pet shop owner (Rowana).

It was an ok read.

Brenda
This book had me so choked up several times. Very emotional but also very sweet and funny. I laughed out loud a couple times, too. I looked up the author thinking there would be a trilogy due to a reference in the book, but apparently there is not, or at least not yet.
Amy
cute little story. refreshing!
Kristy McRae
An enjoyable contemporary romance--the thing that drew me to pick up this book was the cute puppy on the cover (animals always sucker me in!) and he ended up being a fun and crazy character in the story.
Jewett
This is a love story that even non-romance people would have to love and tear up over. It is a romance novel for dog lovers. You can see the people and even more so the animals.
J L B
Very good fun book. It shows how hard things can be when children are involved.
Shanna
A good story - somewhat predicatable but a fast read.
Laura added it
Apr 30, 2015
Jennesa Heiting
Jennesa Heiting marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Bri
Bri marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Kate
Kate added it
Apr 25, 2015
Kme_17
Kme_17 marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Janet Morris
Janet Morris marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Michelle Padilla
Michelle Padilla marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Summaiya
Summaiya marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
  • All That Matters
  • Skinny Dipping
  • Wild Jinx (Cajun, #7)
  • Sisters Found (Hawk's Way, #13)
  • Charmed, I'm Sure
  • Let's Misbehave
  • You've Got Male (OPUS #1)
  • When Venus Fell
  • Unravel Me (Malibu and Ewe #2)
  • Return Engagement
  • The Widows of Wichita County
  • Montana Secrets
  • Bright Hopes (Welcome to Tyler, #2)
  • Too Good To Be True (D and S Security, #2)
  • And Then He Kissed Me
  • A Honeybun and Coffee
  • Talk of the Town (Glory NC, #1)
  • The Spy Who Loves Me
Kimberly Cates lives in Illinois with her family.
Pseudonyms: Kimberleigh Caitlin and Kim Cates.
More about Kimberly Cates...
One Night With a Rogue The Gazebo (The McDaniels, #2) The Wedding Dress (The McDaniels, #3) Gather the Stars (Jacobite Brothers, #1) Stealing Heaven