Triathlete Magazine's Complete Triathlon Book: The Training, Diet, Health, Equipment, and Safety Tips You Need to Do Your Best

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Training, diet, health, equipment, & safety tips - this book has the information needed to participate safely & competitively in triathlete sports.
Published March 1st 2003 by Grand Central Life & Style

To ask other readers questions about Triathlete Magazine's Complete Triathlon Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Triathlete Magazine's Complete Triathlon Book

Andrea
A great outline of training, equipment, and the basics of triathlon. Includes nutrition, mental training, visualization, stretching, and strength training. A bit heavy on the "musts," "always," and "nevers," which don't really apply unless you're serious about competition. Also, he says to "never" swim in water below 55 degrees. Dude clearly has never done a triathlon in San Francisco! Still, it's a good guide to pretty much everything you'll want to know for your first tri, and I imagine I'll h...more
Jackie Fowler
Whether you're just a runner or just a swimmer or just a cyclist -- or you are truly looking into doing a triathlon which combines all three sports -- this book is a great reference for training, gear, and nutrition. The most important information I took away dealt with the specifics and reasons behind training practices specific to running but which, generally speaking, can be applied to about any performance sport. I think I now clearly understand all aspects of progressive training and recove...more
Victoria
Meh and duh.
Samp
I've been told there are better triathlon training books out there but this one seems to have met my needs. I was well organized and detailed. Though I'm sure a newer book or version of this one would have more up to date information and better detail based on more recent science and research. It was still good.
Erik
Aug 08, 2007 Erik rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Triathletes
A good read for any Triathlete, complete with detailed information on training and the specific skills on each sport. Overall a good suppliment for any Triathlete. Also see Joe Friel's books.
Ryan
Dec 29, 2007 Ryan rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Beginner Triathletes
its ok, but far from a Complete triathlon book, also somewhat dated. It does need a revision to correct for new technology.
Carmen
This guide is very helpful for all levels of triathlon training. A must have for those just starting out in multisport.
Jorge Rodriguez
The Triathlete's Bible. Very in-depth, technical and good.
Eetu Immonen
Eetu Immonen marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Nathan Smith
Nathan Smith marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Zain
Zain is currently reading it
Aug 21, 2014
Faith
Faith marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Giannis
Giannis marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Kara Mackillop
Kara Mackillop marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Casey Clark
Casey Clark marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Racing Weight: How to Get Lean for Peak Performance Iron War: Dave Scott, Mark Allen, & the Greatest Race Ever Run Brain Training For Runners: A Revolutionary New Training System to Improve Endurance, Speed, Health, and Results RUN: The Mind-Body Method of Running by Feel The New Rules of Marathon and Half-Marathon Nutrition: A Cutting-Edge Plan to Fuel Your Body Beyond "the Wall"