Start by marking “Triathlete Magazine's Complete Triathlon Book: The Training, Diet, Health, Equipment, and Safety Tips You Need to Do Your Best” as Want to Read:

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Training, diet, health, equipment, & safety tips - this book has the information needed to participate safely & competitively in triathlete sports.
Published March 1st 2003 by Grand Central Life & Style

To ask other readers questions about Triathlete Magazine's Complete Triathlon Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Triathlete Magazine's Complete Triathlon Book

Andrea
A great outline of training, equipment, and the basics of triathlon. Includes nutrition, mental training, visualization, stretching, and strength training. A bit heavy on the "musts," "always," and "nevers," which don't really apply unless you're serious about competition. Also, he says to "never" swim in water below 55 degrees. Dude clearly has never done a triathlon in San Francisco! Still, it's a good guide to pretty much everything you'll want to know for your first tri, and I imagine I'll h ...more
Jackie Fowler
Whether you're just a runner or just a swimmer or just a cyclist -- or you are truly looking into doing a triathlon which combines all three sports -- this book is a great reference for training, gear, and nutrition. The most important information I took away dealt with the specifics and reasons behind training practices specific to running but which, generally speaking, can be applied to about any performance sport. I think I now clearly understand all aspects of progressive training and recove ...more
Victoria
Meh and duh.
Samp
I've been told there are better triathlon training books out there but this one seems to have met my needs. I was well organized and detailed. Though I'm sure a newer book or version of this one would have more up to date information and better detail based on more recent science and research. It was still good.
Erik
Aug 08, 2007 Erik rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Triathletes
A good read for any Triathlete, complete with detailed information on training and the specific skills on each sport. Overall a good suppliment for any Triathlete. Also see Joe Friel's books.
Ryan
Dec 29, 2007 Ryan rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Beginner Triathletes
its ok, but far from a Complete triathlon book, also somewhat dated. It does need a revision to correct for new technology.
Carmen
This guide is very helpful for all levels of triathlon training. A must have for those just starting out in multisport.
Jorge Rodriguez
The Triathlete's Bible. Very in-depth, technical and good.
Gary Brack
Gary Brack marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Andy Thornton
Andy Thornton marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Rosie
Rosie added it
Jan 11, 2015
Jasmine
Jasmine marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Alanna
Alanna marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Racing Weight: How to Get Lean for Peak Performance Iron War: Dave Scott, Mark Allen, & the Greatest Race Ever Run Brain Training For Runners: A Revolutionary New Training System to Improve Endurance, Speed, Health, and Results Diet Cults: The Surprising Fallacy at the Core of Nutrition Fads and a Guide to Healthy Eating for the Rest of Us The New Rules of Marathon and Half-Marathon Nutrition: A Cutting-Edge Plan to Fuel Your Body Beyond "the Wall"