Start by marking “Fire and Ice (Storm of Arranon #2)” as Want to Read:
Fire and Ice (Storm of Arranon #2)

Fire and Ice (Storm of Arranon #2)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Newly commissioned Interceptor fighter pilot, Erynn Yager, knows sacrifice. Her battle against a brutal alien enemy intent on destroying her two worlds set her on a journey of self-discovery and empowerment, all while struggling to gain control of her secret abilities. With the alien threat crushed, Erynn believes the worst is behind her. She settles in to experience first ...more
Published February 6th 2013 by Smashwords Edition (first published December 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fire and Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire and Ice

R.E. Sheahan
Jan 14, 2013 R.E. Sheahan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I have learned so much between book one and book two! This second book was equally fun to write and yet is different from the first. As will be the third, fourth and fifth books. I know this because books three and four are already in a rough draft format thanks to NaNoWriMo! And book four is way different!! I love writing.
Fire and Ice is the action-packed sequel to R.E. Sheahan's Storm of Arranon. The story picks up right where the first book left off. Right off the bat, Fire and Ice introduces us to an evil presence, Dhoran, who once threatened the planet of Arranon. By inhabiting an unwilling host, Dhoran has returned to once again build up an army and conquer Arranon, an action that could disrupt the balance between Arranon and its sister planet, Korin, threatening all existence on both worlds.

Erynn Yager is b
Katie Link
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I just finished this book and am completely blown away by this series. It is extremely impressive that this book is a continuation of the first, but has that new book distinction that enhances the series and captures your attention. Even if the reader did not read the first book, there is still enough understanding to move into complete admiration for the author's creativity.
This book does not deserve spoilers to be handed out,
I won this book through Goodreads First Reads.

First of all, I must start by saying that you don't need to of read the first book in the series to be able to read and enjoy this one. However, I did find myself regretting not reading the first book beforehand as I found myself wishing to know all the background information. So while you can read this book without reading book one, I wouldn't recommend doing so.

I really enjoyed this book, and can't think of anything negative to say at all. The only
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Sammy

*Beware of possible Spoilers*

Wow, what an enjoyable read. How the author managed to add so much more to this story is amazing. What a wonderful world, with new exciting areas; a whole new world underground. With new characters and characters from the first book that continue to grow and become even better. The new evil was interesting, with extra depth not always found in the “bad guy”.
Besides the main characters which I enjoyed all of them. Cace was awesome,
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author R. E. Sheahan.)
This is book 2 in the ‘Storm of Arranon’ series, and kicks off not long after the end of book 1. **Warning; some unavoidable spoilers for book 1 – ‘Storm of Arranon’**
Erynn Yager is back! But unfortunately for her so is Dhoran, the evil sovereign of Arranon’s underworld, and he’s determined to take Arranon by force.
Dhoran has possessed a human, and is now working on getting Erynn t
Laura Thomas
I’m going to do my best to tell you about Fire and Ice, Book Two, without giving any spoilers. You’ve been warned:)

How about I give you a taste of the opening to this awesome sequel!

“A high piercing scream ripped through the icy air and echoed along the dark intersecting tunnels. The shrieking faded and died.”

Right away I’m entranced! Read on.

“Possession was a painful adjustment.

For the one being possessed.

Dhoran smiled. He felt the corners of the host’s lips jerk in a reluctant response.

I Loved "Storm of Arranon:Fire and Ice" by R. E. Sheahan. The characters were well developed and life like. The plot picked right up where the first book left off. There is lots of new adventures and plenty of action which kept me on the edge of my seat in excitement. This book left me in anticipation of what is to possibly come of these characters because I feel like we haven't heard the last of some of them. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of science fiction and/o ...more
Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)
Did I enjoy this book: I had the same problems I did with the first book: plenty of details, but not quite in the right places. I was expecting read: hoping for) a climactic end battle between Dhoran and Erynn, and instead, well, let’s just say there wasn’t much drama involved. I can’t help thinking that Sheahan could have done a much better job building suspense; I’m glad the Good Guys win, but I guess I wish they’d had to struggle a bit more. I mean sure, they braved snowstorm after snowstorm, ...more
Georgiann Hennelly
Erynn Yager a newly commissioned intercertor pilot knows sacrifice. The battle against a brutal alein enemy intent on destroying her two world's. Sent her on a journey of empowerment and self- discovery. She is still struggling to gain control of her secret abilities. Eryan believes the worst is behind her after the Alein threat is crushed. She settles in to experience first love and a changed life on a hidden military base. Her peaceful existance doesn,t last. Dhoran, the evil sovereign of Arra ...more
Mar 29, 2013 Darlene rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: sci-fi buffs
Recommended to Darlene by: R. E. Sheahan
I hate to admit how disappointed I was with this sequel to a marvelous first book. The first book had a lot of sci-fi: space travel, discovery of new life-forms, discovery of innate gifts and talents the main character, Erynn Yager. I left that book feeling excited. I felt complete. I didn't know there would be a book two. It felt complete on its own.

Maybe it was me. I had trouble reading due to illness for a while, so I had to read sporadically. But I couldn't get into the book. A lot was assum
Elizabeth (Stuffed Shelves)
This is the second book in the series, and this book picked up right where the first one left off. I love this, there's nothing worse than picking up the second book in a series and finding yourself lost in the story. Regardless of when you finished the first book, you should be able to clearly remember the characters and the main plot. Everything else falls into place with small reminders here and there, all throughout the book. Of course it ends, leaving me in anticipation for what could be a ...more
Jill S (Love Affair With Fiction)
Fire and Ice is an adventure packed fantasy book that follows Interceptor fighter pilot Erynn Yager's continuing journey to save two world's, discover more about herself and her growing abilities, and learn more about her new planet.

I enjoyed the character's and their interaction's with one another. As this was a fantasy book, there were many different species that were fascinating to read about. Somehow they all fit well into this story. Samantha Warren mixed adventure, action, fantasy and eve
Terrie Stamey
Storm of Arranon-Wow!

This story will drag you in and keep you enthralled until the end and wanting more. Just loved the characters and the whole setup in this new harsh world. You get wrapped up in the lives of the heroes and urge them on to win the fight!
Samantha Martin
Fire and Ice brings us back to the world of Arranon, and Erynn and Jaer. Erynn’s life is going great. She is a fighter pilot, she is in love, and there is peace on the two worlds. All good things can come to an end. An evil has risen with on purpose—destruction. Erynn has grown into a stronger, fiercer fighter that does not hold back, especially when her home is at stake.

R.E. Sheahan has written an action packed sequel that brings the reader closer to Erynn and Jaer, and the planets they call ho
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

What a ride! This is an action packed story from the beginning to the end with twist and turns. It was so well written that you feel you only read a hundred pages not 400! The author created a great world yet again and I felt part of it. Would recommend this to sci-fi/fantasy lovers.
Shelli Godfrey
Shelli Godfrey marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
El-Chacham marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Emily marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2015
Beverly marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
Malinda marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
Sabrina Jurban
Sabrina Jurban marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Lelouch marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Jennifer Mcneill
Jennifer Mcneill marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Ida marked it as to-read
Mallory Heart
Mallory Heart marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Andrea marked it as to-read
  • Garrett for Hire
  • Fabrick (The Fabrick Weavers, #1)
  • The Mist-Torn Witches (The Mist-Torn Witches #1)
  • Heirs of Prophecy (The Prophecies, #1)
  • Fiona Thorn and the Carapacem Spell
  • Being Amber (New Atlanta, #1)
  • To Kiss a Werewolf
  • Murphy's Law
  • Haiku in the Night
  • Dragons of Wendal
  • Hero for Hire (Tales From Beyond the End, #1)
  • Black Arts (The Books of Pandemonium #1)
  • Hacked
  • Cale Thornsbe - The Boy Who Could See: The Golden Seal
  • Arabella, the Moon and the Magic Mongongo Nut
  • Family Likeness
  • Lucky
  • His Gems Discovered
Before I wrote, I read. Voraciously. When I wasn’t able to read, I listened to audio books on tape or CD. Still do.
Hi. My name is Robynn E Sheahan and I live and write from the Cascade Mountains of the Pacific Northwest.

I started to dabble in writing while working as a Paramedic/Firefighter in Northern California. Trust me, it’s not like it appears on TV. There was plenty of time for books.
More about R.E. Sheahan...

Storm of Arranon (3 books)
  • Storm of Arranon (Storm of Arranon, #1)
  • Allies and Enemies (Storm of Arranon #3)