Madita

Madita (Madicken #1)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  1,521 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Madicken sebenarnya bernama Margareta. Tetapi waktu masih kecil, dia memanggil dirinya Madicken. Sekarang, walaupun hampir berumur tujuh tahun, dia masih juga dipanggil Madicken. Hanya kalau sedang nakal dan harus ditegur, dia dipanggil Margareta. Dan dia sering dipanggil Margareta, karena di Junibacken setiap hari terjadi petualangan seru dan juga kehebohan. Seperti ketik...more
Paperback, dtv junior Klassiker, 222 pages
Published 2007 by Deutscher Taschenbuch Verlag (first published January 1st 1960)

Pavel
We've read it with my daughther following Manny's advice. I never saw such response from my child. She was jumping around her room, laughing out loud, she wanted to discuss every plotline, because they all affected something inside of her.
Most intersting thing is that I never saw such reaction on any fairy-tale book. Common opinion that kids tend to love imaginery worlds, full of fabricated characters. "Madicken" (there is a mess between "madita" and "madicken" titles, but I figured book we've j...more
Rebecca
Maybe it loses something in the translation, or maybe it's really meant for 10-year-old girls, but I didn't care much for this. I read it because it was mentioned in the Christmas book I just read, I Saw Mommy Kicking Santa Claus. I did like the passage about not overdoing it at Christmas so as not to be too tired to enjoy things:
Meg looked anxiously at Mother to see if she was tired, but fortunately Mother was happy and not at all tired. Everyone had to be happy, and everyone had to feel that C...more
Cheryl in CC NV
I've no doubt this is better for children, better in the original, and better if one thinks of Meg as more like 7, instead of almost 10 - she's awfully immature and innocent. And the line drawings were intriguing, different - and Meg looks awfully small and young in them.

Compare it more to the Ramona Quimby books than to Pippi Longstocking, and read it if you can, but don't worry that you're missing out on something amazing if you can't find a copy.
Lenihan
It took me a while to remember the title, but this book... I must have read it a dozen times when I was a child. I believe it was for children between the age of 6 and 9, but even when I was well over 9 years old, I still borrowed this book sometimes from the library.

I don't remember much of it anymore, all I know is that as a child, I loved it.
Emily
Meg herself is just not my cup of tea. She doesn't have the good sense God gave a turnip. However, I freely admit I also failed to appreciate Pippi Longstocking (by the same author), and I know many readers over the years have found both girls charming.
Gerri Alexander
This is a great book by the author of Pippi Longstocking. Meg is a much more interesting character than Pippi--she's so real you could expect her to be the new girl at school. The stories are really funny, not silly like Pippi's are.
Karim
This kids book is ageless and travels through period of times. It sure has some good values to be learnt to kids these days
Ellinor
This is definitely my favourite Astrid Lindgren book. It always reminds me of what my sister and I were like as kids.
Gabriele
Ann
I don't have a whole lot to say about this. For our nighttime read-aloud, it certainly fit the preferred criteria of having a three-dimensional female character. Beyond that, it's pretty silly -- which is of course perfect for the 8 year old listening on the couch next to me. It did facilitate a couple of discussions about Christianity, the Old Testament, and spanking (and how we don't believe in any of those things), which is good because the kid's gotta learn about the world outside his experi...more
Meghan
Only 139 pages long, but was hard to get through. The book was written by the same author as Pippi Longstocking. The book definitely does not live up to its name. There are only two really interesting and funny stories in the whole book: When Alfred makes Meg think she is clairvoyant and can see ghosts, and when Alfred makes Meg think she sold her sister to a slave-trader. Both of these had Meg as the butt of the joke, and Alfred as the mischievous mastermind. I guess it was sort of Ramona the P...more
Evk
V krátké době druhé čtení. Madynka je kniha pro děti a na prví čtení se mi sice líbila, ale neokouzlila mě tolik, jak by mohla. Tentokrát mi ale celá přišla téměř dokonalá. Nevím, jak se na knížku dívají děti, ale asi vesměs nadšeně (podle ohlasů rodičů z goodreads) :) Mně (a odborným recenzentů) se zdá trochu melancholická. Hodně mě bavila dětská naivita a ochota všechny nápady uskutečnit. Dost mě taky překvapilo, že občas jsem mezi řádky cítila trochu ironie a sarkasmu (ale to bude možná jen d...more
astried
I've read this before, probably borrowed from school library, and the image of madita jumping from the roof with an umbrella is unforgetable. Btw, I can't remember if that's also what happen in "what katy did", did she jump or fall down from the swing?

What I found a bit uncomfortable is that the mother doesn't approve of her befriending neighbour nilsson. Of course her mom's thought of protecting her from the not-so-ideal family condition is understandable. But would it be best to give her a lim...more
asdewi
Kangen banget sama buku ini. Dibaca waktu masih SD dulu. Jaman sekarang kok udah susah ya nemu children book yang polos kayak gini? Buku yang bercerita tentang anak umur 4-6 tahun tapi masih enak dibaca anak kelas 5 SD bahkan dewasa?

Ato emang jiwa gw aja yang masih kekanakan? Mbuh lah.

Pastinya berencana baca ulang buku ini buat challenge tahun depan. Yihaaaa
Evk
Příběhy Madynky a její sestřičky Lízy mám ráda. Ale lhala bych, kdybych nepřiznala, že mě knížka trochu zklamala. Od skvělé Astrid Lindgrenové, autorky Pipi Dlouhé punčochy, bych čekala ještě alespoň o fous bláznivější dobrodružství - i tak jsem si knihu užila.
Jaime
I have been on an Astrid Lindgren kick lately, reading old favorites and exploring ones I've never read.

I love the vignettes of childhood that Lindgren shares. So innocent and memory-provoking.
Signe
Lemmik lapsepõlveraamat!
Emily
I have been trying to think of the title of this book for YEARS! I absolutely loved this book when I was a kid, but somehow my copy went missing...
Titish A.K.
Lisabet-nya lucuuuu~ Kebiasaannya ngomong 'belas'itu gimana sih, masih ga gitu mudeng maksudnya. Eh, ini kenapa malah ngomongin adeknya Madicken? =P
Tria Nursatiti
I think astrid lindgren is one of the best child-literature writer I've known. after 'pipi long stocking', I guess this is one of her best works.
Louise
Alle de sjove historier om Madicken

Rigtig god højtlæsning fra 4-5 år - også for de voksne!
Andris
kārtējā Lieliskā Lindgrēnes grāmata par bērnu dzīvi Zviedrijas mazpilsētā.
Mitchy
เรื่องราวของสาวน้อยน่ารักจอมกวน มาร์ดี้ เธอเป็นเด็กป่วนจริงๆ

Alicia
Very fun stories by the author of Pippi Longstocking.
Cecy
Nov 18, 2013 Cecy added it
So many memories, so much childhood. I love this book.
Miia
hih funny name in english madita...Maricken rules...
Tu
This is the book for children of all time.
Lisa
In English, Mischievous Meg.
Geku
Loved this as a child.
  • Der Räuber Hotzenplotz: Eine Kasperlgeschichte (Hotzenplotz, #1)
  • Das doppelte Lottchen
  • Oh, wie schön ist Panama
  • Pancakes for Findus (Findus and Pettson) (Findus & Pettson)
  • Die Wilden Hühner (Die Wilden Hühner, #1)
  • Eine Woche voller Samstage (Sams, #1)
  • Jim Knopf und Lukas der Lokomotivführer
  • Karius und Baktus
  • Der Trotzkopf
  • The Little Vampire (The Little Vampire, #1)
  • Minoes
Astrid Anna Emilia Lindgren, née Ericsson, was a Swedish children's book author and screenwriter, whose many titles were translated into 85 languages and published in more than 100 countries. She has sold roughly 145 million copies worldwide. Today, she is most remembered for writing the Pippi Longstocking books, as well as Karlsson-on-the-Roof book series.
More about Astrid Lindgren...
Pippi Longstocking The Brothers Lionheart Pippi in the South Seas Ronia, the Robber's Daughter Karlson on the Roof