Start by marking “Shanna, The She-Devil” as Want to Read:
Shanna, The She-Devil

Shanna, The She-Devil

SC, TPB, in cello, New, Story, art and cover by FRANK CHO. Published in November of 2006. Cover price $16.99.
Published November 22nd 2006 by Marvel (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Shanna, The She-Devil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shanna, The She-Devil

Unai
Aug 26, 2014 Unai rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Este es otro tomo que pille saldado en Getxo y este es por culpa de escuchar el podcast especial de porros y tetas que hicieron los de "Charrando de Tebeos". Y esta vez si que ha merecido la pena, y mas tendiendo en cuenta que me salió por 3 veces menos de su precio oficial. Que se puede decir, es Frank Cho haciendo lo que mejor hace y dando su vision de Shanna.

En su visión la tenemos salida de un tanque donde parece que unos científicos nazis la tenían criando como futura arma letal ya que tien
Trekscribbler
May 01, 2011 Trekscribbler rated it really liked it
"Frank Cho draws women the way women should be drawn." Yes. I said that, and a truer statement -- be it sexist -- has never been uttered. Nor will it. Ever. Cho has taped into the male mind, identified the perfectly voluptuous comic book heroine from those neutrons, and presents her here -- in vivid color and (thankfully) few clothes -- in SHANNA, THE SHE-DEVIL.

Now, about the story ...

There are a few a major hiccups here:

A group of military commandos serving an undeclared nation on an unspeci
Aaron Thibault
Mar 14, 2015 Aaron Thibault rated it really liked it

I'll admit to a little bias. I really like this particular genre. Jungle adventures are fun. They are more fun when they involve dinosaurs, a super-strong jungle girl, and Frank Cho's art. Maybe because there aren't as many of these types of stories as there were in the first half of the 20th century, I like this collection more than I should.

The story is about a group of American soldiers who are stuck on an island lost to time. They discover a Nazi super weapon and name her Shanna, after the M

Amory
Dec 28, 2014 Amory rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 100-in-2014
Wow. I like pinup/cheesecake comic art as much (okay more) than the next guy, but this was just terrible. Outside of maybe a half-dozen pinups scattered among the hundred some pages, this had no redeeming qualities. It was boring, and the dialogue was terrible, and... bleh.

Did this suffer from my reading it right after reading a bunch of really good comics? Maybe... but at the same time, I don't think this would have been any better even if I read it drunk. And it's so bad, I don't even feel lik
Matti Karjalainen
Frank Chon "Turvatarha" on mielestäni ollut ihan kohtalaisen hauska strippisarja, joten oli mielenkiintoista tutustua miehen työhön myös toiselta kantilta ja tarttua tähän Shanna-lehden numerot 1-7 yhteen keräävään Marvel-albumiin.

Juoni pähkinänkuoressa: erikoisjoukkojen sotilaat löytävät unohdetun natsilaboratorion jostakin viidakon kätköistä. Sieltä löydetään myös isopovinen ja voimiltaan vähintään kymmentä miestä vastaava Shanna-amatsooni, joka on suunniteltu jonkinlaiseksi geneettiseksi supe
Joseph
Dec 16, 2013 Joseph rated it really liked it
Shanna, The She-Devil collects issues #1-7 of the series of the same name by Marvel Comics, with art and writing by Frank Cho and colors by Jason Keith and Dave Stewart.

Shanna is a Nazi science experiment in the form of an Amazonian jungle girl with a killer body and killer instinct, living on an island teeming with prehistoric horrors. When a paramilitary group becomes stranded on the island after crash-landing, they discover Shanna and quickly learn that she is a genetically-engineered super-w
Creature
Aug 27, 2011 Creature rated it it was amazing

Hello Fellow Adventure Fans:
I was looking forward to reading this mini-series as I have enjoyed Frank's work on Liberty Meadows. Here he weaves a fresh (and beautifully rendered) take on one of the more popular of the "Jungle Girls." Shanna The She-Devil was a lost character until Frank Cho brought her back with a vengeance. The covers of the six issues of this mini-series are very eye-catching (beyond the beautiful Shanna gracing the covers). There is lots of vibrant color and action as she f
Aug 09, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I like the original Shanna more than the new Shanna, but this was still a fun story.
Luke
Jul 20, 2010 Luke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Frank Cho cracks me up. I've followed his career loosely since his Liberty Meadows daily comic strip. This came out as the Liberty Meadows strip was ending and was originally supposed to be a MAX mini series. However, when Frank Cho took over, the nudity and cursing was removed and his sense of humor took over. This is a very quick, fun read that is not to be taken too seriously. If this had been written a few decades ago, the movie would star Raquel Welch, a la One Million Years BC style.
Corey Pung
Jan 17, 2012 Corey Pung rated it really liked it
To check out my full review, go to http://paneldiscussions.wordpress.com...

The 7 issue mini-series mostly revolves around Shanna and a resilient army guy fighting off hordes and hordes of velociraptors and the occasional T-Rex.

For its sheer audacity, its camp value, and its decision to re-use such a kitschy character makes Frank Cho’s Shanna the She-Devil one of the weirdest stories out there.
La Revistería Comics
La genial y despampanante Shanna vista a través de los afiladísimos ojos de Frank Cho, en una de las más divertidas y rocambolescas Marvel Graphi Novels.
Amy
Jul 25, 2011 Amy rated it really liked it
The story's only so-so, but who would read Shanna for plot? It's all about eye candy. Raptor eye candy!
Mike
Aug 05, 2009 Mike rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
An old-school lost world adventure story with some of the best work Frank Cho's ever done.
Manual
Jul 07, 2008 Manual rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
fantastic storyline
Jeff
Jeff added it
Sep 24, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
George
George rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2016
Tigress (Warrior Elf)
Tigress (Warrior Elf) marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Greg
Greg rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2016
Aman
Aman added it
Jun 02, 2016
Matthew Groves
Matthew Groves marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Scott Emerson
Scott Emerson rated it really liked it
May 23, 2016
Marvel Reader
Marvel Reader marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Catalin Stoian
Catalin Stoian marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Ben  Shepard
Ben Shepard rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Vejoy
Vejoy added it
Apr 08, 2016
Alison MacLeod
Alison MacLeod is currently reading it
Mar 29, 2016
Erik Fjeldheim
Erik Fjeldheim rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Kristen Mohr
Kristen Mohr marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Mark
Mark added it
Feb 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Incorrect authors listed for graphic novel 2 18 May 22, 2013 09:39AM
The second of three children, Frank Cho was born in Seoul, Korea in 1971, but moved to the United States at the age of six and was raised in Beltsville, Maryland.

Cho received no formal training as an artist. He got his start writing and drawing a cartoon strip called University2 for The Diamondback, the student newspaper at the University of Maryland, College Park. After graduation, Cho adapted el
More about Frank Cho...