Start by marking “April in Bloom” as Want to Read:
April in Bloom

April in Bloom

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  11 reviews
When April Shelnutt and former sheriff Kurt Muldoon plant seeds of speculation in the minds of some matchmaking church ladies, the good folks of Wileyville, Kentucky, are in for a lesson in life, love and minding your own business!
Published April 1st 2006 by Steeple Hill (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about April in Bloom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about April in Bloom

Bookadventurer
I usually enjoy light Christian romances, but this one just kind of droned on for me. Maybe because I didn't read the first two in this series, but I felt a bit lost and confused at times as to why April had spent her life hiding "secrets", and even the whole premise of her "forgiving" Sheriff Kurt Mulldoon for wanting to keep their relationship a secret was a bit forced and ridiculous. On the other hand, Kurt apparently doesn't want any ties to anyone because of what happened to his wife, which ...more
I used to think I liked serial paperback romances ... and then I read a poorly written one. In my defense I got this book as part of my free gift for joining a Christian romance club, that I figured would be easy enough to cancel, but in the meantime would give me a fresh supply of cheap romance novels. Maybe that's not such a good thing.

I can tell Jones thinks dialogue is her strong point, evidenced by the teaser chapter for her next book that's entirely dialogue, but she seems to spend all her
Melissa
LI--third book in a series (first two were not LI) Woman with relationship with town sheriff.
Jaclynn
This story is about April, a spinster, and the influence an older woman (never married either) has in her life. Basically the theme is to bloom where you are planted, as well as to give love a chance. Kurt, too afraid of his past to love again, must also learn to prune away the dead branches so that new life can take hold.
Joan
There is an interesting premise in this novel if you are a sucker for romance, like I am; but the dialog was confusing at times, the plot seemed forced, and the outcome was too predictable. I finished the book by skimming just because I am a compulsive "finisher."
Sandy
I loved the sass between these two main characters. Lots of fun. A little preachy, but it worked. I would like to have seen a little more character development for the male lead, but honestly, I loved him from chapter one. This book was a nice surprise.
This book was okay. There were several eye-rolling moments, and Mrs. Cora was a little off. It wasn't memorable, but I didn't have to force myself to keep reading it.
Anna
Jul 02, 2011 Anna rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
Redundant and boring. The plot tries really hard to be deep, but there's SO much hype and beating around the bush that it's just anti-climactic.
Olean Public Library
-This is a good story. Very interesting, as it is about a person getting away from meddling townspeople.
Amber Beasley
Only read it once years ago, don't remember it too much but I remember it being a sweet book.
Kim
Again I didn't finish. Got stupid.
Cindy Coleman
Cindy Coleman marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Ashly
Ashly is currently reading it
Dec 15, 2014
Cindy Coleman
Cindy Coleman marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Jaye
Jaye marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Vivian
Vivian added it
Oct 17, 2014
Tabitha Vinson
Tabitha Vinson marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Shelly Ann Haselden
Shelly Ann Haselden marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Christmas Sisters Marrying Minister Right Sister Belles Somebody's Santa Somebody's Baby