April in Bloom

April in Bloom

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  9 reviews
When April Shelnutt and former sheriff Kurt Muldoon plant seeds of speculation in the minds of some matchmaking church ladies, the good folks of Wileyville, Kentucky, are in for a lesson in life, love and minding your own business!
Published April 1st 2006 by Steeple Hill (first published 2006)

Bookadventurer
I usually enjoy light Christian romances, but this one just kind of droned on for me. Maybe because I didn't read the first two in this series, but I felt a bit lost and confused at times as to why April had spent her life hiding "secrets", and even the whole premise of her "forgiving" Sheriff Kurt Mulldoon for wanting to keep their relationship a secret was a bit forced and ridiculous. On the other hand, Kurt apparently doesn't want any ties to anyone because of what happened to his wife, which...more
I used to think I liked serial paperback romances ... and then I read a poorly written one. In my defense I got this book as part of my free gift for joining a Christian romance club, that I figured would be easy enough to cancel, but in the meantime would give me a fresh supply of cheap romance novels. Maybe that's not such a good thing.

I can tell Jones thinks dialogue is her strong point, evidenced by the teaser chapter for her next book that's entirely dialogue, but she seems to spend all her...more
Jaclynn
This story is about April, a spinster, and the influence an older woman (never married either) has in her life. Basically the theme is to bloom where you are planted, as well as to give love a chance. Kurt, too afraid of his past to love again, must also learn to prune away the dead branches so that new life can take hold.
Joan
There is an interesting premise in this novel if you are a sucker for romance, like I am; but the dialog was confusing at times, the plot seemed forced, and the outcome was too predictable. I finished the book by skimming just because I am a compulsive "finisher."
Sandy
I loved the sass between these two main characters. Lots of fun. A little preachy, but it worked. I would like to have seen a little more character development for the male lead, but honestly, I loved him from chapter one. This book was a nice surprise.
Anna
Jul 02, 2011 Anna rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
Redundant and boring. The plot tries really hard to be deep, but there's SO much hype and beating around the bush that it's just anti-climactic.
Olean Public Library
-This is a good story. Very interesting, as it is about a person getting away from meddling townspeople.
Amber Beasley
Only read it once years ago, don't remember it too much but I remember it being a sweet book.
Kim
Again I didn't finish. Got stupid.
Shelly Ann Haselden
Shelly Ann Haselden marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Jill
Jill added it
May 17, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Amy
Amy added it
Mar 19, 2014
Julie Christensen
Julie Christensen marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Angela
Angela added it
Nov 28, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Christmas Sisters Marrying Minister Right Somebody's Santa Somebody's Baby Their First Noel