Start by marking “P Is for Pilgrim: A Thanksgiving Alphabet (Alphabet Books)” as Want to Read:
P Is for Pilgrim: A Thanksgiving Alphabet (Alphabet Books)

P Is for Pilgrim: A Thanksgiving Alphabet (Alphabet Books)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  8 reviews

" Across the Atlantic Ocean, a lone ship on a vast sea. Ablaze with new hope, all praying to be free. " From the lives of our early settlers, who established the foundations for American freedoms and ideals, to today`s celebrations, " P is for Pilgrim" colorfully examines the history and lore of Thanksgiving. Educators will find the inclusion of the Core Democratic Values

Published September 1st 2007 by Sleeping Bear Press (first published August 22nd 2003)

To ask other readers questions about P Is for Pilgrim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about P Is for Pilgrim

Janet
Thanksgiving and the concept of giving thanks is my favorite holiday and spiritual concept. This book is not one I can be grateful for. It is confusing in presentation, going from present day concepts about how we celebrate to facts about the pilgrims. Using the abc format the author is forced to make everything fit the mold. I just feel this title isn't coherent, the abc format makes one unable to formulate the info given into a knowledgeable core of info about the pilgrims.
Lyndy Stein
This is a beautifully illustrated book by Carol Crane that examines the lives of early settlers and the history of Thanksgiving. I love that it is an alphabet book too because each letter of the alphabet has a ton of information on the page. This would be a great book to use for a project a week or two before Thanksgiving. Students could each be assigned a letter to explore a little deeper to learn more about Thanksgiving.
Dolly
This is an informative, but somewhat scattered alphabet book that sort-of has a Thanksgiving theme. The topics that are covered are all over the place and on several occasions I wondered how the topic connected to the theme of the book. It's just not all that coherent. The narrative is a bit long as well, so we could only cover part of the alphabet at a time.

The illustrations are colorful and glossy, with realistic people and depictions that help convey the various topics. We enjoyed reading th
Thecajungirl
This book is a nice book to use with a preschooler through K. The illustrations are captivating enough to hold attention and the focus sentences are to the point and interesting and concise. The pages each contain side informative paragraphs that are detailed enough to help a middle school age brush up on the subject matter.
Rebecca Brandes
This book is PACKED full of information! There is a sentence that corresponds with the alphabet, but there is also extra information on the sides of the page. The facts help students gain a deeper knowledge of the time of Thanksgiving. Great book that can help differentiate learning!
Marilyn
A Thanksgiving alphabet book. Each letter has a detailed paragraph about something related to the history of the holiday.
Teri
Long--but you can choose whether to read the short rhyming verse or to read the elaboration.
Mary
A fun way to learn about Thanksgiving
Sarah Decarlo
Sarah Decarlo marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Sam
Sam added it
Feb 05, 2015
Brielle Gosselin
Brielle Gosselin marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Maggie
Maggie added it
Oct 06, 2014
Manu T.
Manu T. marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Deidra
Deidra added it
May 23, 2014
Ann Su
Ann Su added it
Dec 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
P is for Peach: A Georgia Alphabet (Alphabet Series) P Is for Palmetto: A South Carolina Alphabet D is for Dancing Dragon: A China Alphabet (Discover the World) L Is for Lone Star: A Texas Alphabet S is for Sunshine: A Florida Alphabet (Discover America State by State)