Start by marking “Mouse's First Christmas” as Want to Read:
Mouse's First Christmas

Mouse's First Christmas (Mouse's Firsts)

Mouse's First Christmas, the first title in the top-selling Mouse's holiday series, is now available as a Classic Board Book! Mouse encounters the sights, sounds, and smells of Christmas on the most magical night of the year. Full color.
Board Book, 34 pages
Published October 1st 2002 by Little Simon (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Mouse's First Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mouse's First Christmas

Morris
Feb 01, 2017 Morris rated it really liked it
Review to come.
C.
Dec 17, 2015 C. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A year ago, my cat carried home an infant mouse. At the impossibility of finding his family’s nest in the countryside, we could only do our best to raise him. He was with us four days and will never be forgotten. Except that he was so young his eyes were closed: the much beloved mouse of this story reminds me of him very much. It is a personal connection that makes the little face in this story poignant and overwhelmingly touching for me. I am so affected by that character’s precious face and th ...more
midnightfaerie
Another mouse book, this time about Christmas. All my kids are enjoying little mouse discover things from different holidays. I, myself, am enjoying the paintings that look like closeups of brushed on canvas. Really pretty, and a great addition to the book!
Kat
Jul 30, 2014 Kat rated it it was amazing
We loved reading these enchanting books, as seen from the perspective of a tiny mouse, exploring his house and making amazing discoveries during the holidays. My youngest would stand on tiptoe at the bin of board books in the library, make her selections and then she would carry an armload to the checkout; this book was often among them. She would be at her happiest with a stack of board books beside her on the car ride home, "reading" them and chattering about them the whole way.

We have this b
The Bookloft
Bookseller: Kelt

Mouse's First Christmas is just like the book Mouse's First Day of School. Except it's Christmas! One thing I like about this book is that it has a lot of Christmas adjectives. Like Mouse saw something bright and flickery. It was a candle. This is sort of like a Christmas surprise book. I think this is for little children who want to know more about Christmas. I enjoyed this jolly Christmas book, and I hope you will too.
Ashley Meyer
Feb 18, 2016 Ashley Meyer rated it liked it
This was a terrific book to describe what your first Christmas is like. You wander around trying to figure everything out and use your senses (touch, taste, see) to get the ultimate picture of what Christmas is really like. This book would be good for the really young kids that still can't read yet. It will keep their attention as it isn't very long but it will keep them interested to find out what the holiday is really about.
Christine Turner
Nov 11, 2012 Christine Turner rated it really liked it
Late one winter night, Mouse discovers new sights, smells, and tastes: sweet and sparkly cookies, jingly and glinty bells, and lots of boxy and ribbony presents. Mouse doesn't know what any of it means, until a whiskery and jolly guest arrives with a very special holiday message.

The illustrations a large and text is simple. This book works well for both toddlers and preschool.
Samantha
Mouse explores the Christmas sights, sounds, and smells and meets Santa! The text reads like it should be a lift-the-flap story in which Mouse discovers something and it is loosely described, then readers lift the flap to reveal the object and test their guesses. Paintings are full of warmth and evoke a cozy feeling. PreK-2.
Jenny
Dec 23, 2012 Jenny rated it liked it
Cute story. A mouse is peeking all around the house to see what he can find. I appreciated that most of what he found is written in the shape of the object (It was a cookie was written in a circle. It was a candy cane was shaped like a candy cane, etc.) The story is short and there is not a lot to it, but my youngest (4) enjoyed it.
Lisa
Dec 24, 2011 Lisa rated it really liked it
A sweet and simple story about a little mouse that is discovering all sorts of wonderful Christmasy things on his very first Christmas. I love the illustrations and the way the things are described before it tells what they are.
Briana
Jan 13, 2011 Briana rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those who enjoy great artwork and cute mice...
Such beautiful artwork! Similar to that of Anna Dewdney. Follow mouse as he discovers all of the little "essentials" that make for a great Christmas season. Perfect for little ones with short attention spans.
Izzy
Dec 21, 2013 Izzy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
SO CUTE!!! I found it at Salvation Army & bought it for my son's First Christmas. I have been reading it to him every night since December 1rst. It is easy to read in ASL signs as well which is a bonus.
Vivian
Mar 20, 2014 Vivian rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Children guess what mouse discovers around the house through descriptive word and visual clues. Shhh! Don't tell til they've made a guess!
G
Dec 28, 2015 G added it
Cute story about at little mouse wondering through the house on Christmas Eve. My boys really liked this story we read it over and over.
Lauri
Fun book. Adjective clues lead to children guessing what Christmas item mouse has found in the house.
April Palmer
Nov 16, 2016 April Palmer rated it it was amazing
I asked my mom "Who is that?" while pointing to Santa Clause.
Dewey
Nov 23, 2015 Dewey rated it really liked it
Shelves: st-christmas
This is a cute, simple little story about all the things that Mouse finds around the house on his first Christmas. It would make a cute flannel board set, too!
Maren Prestegaard
Dec 01, 2013 Maren Prestegaard rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
I love this series . . . . the simplicity of it appeals to me.
Jessica Bearden
Dec 06, 2012 Jessica Bearden rated it really liked it
I read this to my cousin and she loved it. Since it is Christmas time it made me feel all bubbly inside. :)
Jennifer Brown
Sep 23, 2016 Jennifer Brown rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute kids book for Christmas time. I liked the pictures and the way you can have the kids participate with you guessing the stuff.
Angie  Moore
Dec 14, 2016 Angie Moore rated it it was amazing
Read with preschool today and it's a perfect little Christmas book! I'm definitely planing something more to go with it for next year! The illustrations are great too!
Melany
Jun 24, 2009 Melany rated it it was amazing
Cute christmas story, great for family reunions
Kaethe
Oct 11, 2010 Kaethe rated it really liked it
A newer addition to the Christmas festival of books. It's okay. Pretty pictures.
Heather
Oct 22, 2008 Heather rated it it was amazing
The illustrations in this series are great and the books are nice and short so younger toddlers can enjoy them without getting bored
UISG LIBRARY
Dec 17, 2013 UISG LIBRARY rated it really liked it
Our EC students are having fun identifying the various objects that the mouses encounters. The last encounter, of course, is the most spectacular. ho ho ho!
Enchantress  debbicat ☮
Dec 11, 2015 Enchantress debbicat ☮ rated it it was amazing
Precious!
Lisa Greer
Mar 10, 2008 Lisa Greer rated it it was amazing
This is lovely book. I especially enjoyed the illustrations, and my daughter enjoyed it at ages 1.5-2 years.
Jami
Feb 14, 2010 Jami rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bedtime-stories
One of the better christmas stories for children.
Mandy
Jul 24, 2012 Mandy rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
It is Little Mouse's first Christmas and there is lots to see!

Students can use describing words for things they see at Christmas and have their classmates guess what they are describing.
  • The Mouse Before Christmas
  • Minerva Louise on Christmas Eve
  • Christmas in the Barn
  • Can You See What I See?: The Night Before Christmas: Picture Puzzles to Search and Solve
  • One Snowy Night
  • Merry Christmas, Big Hungry Bear!
  • Christmas In The Country
  • The Dolls' Christmas
  • I'll Be Home For Christmas (Toot & Puddle)
  • Spot's First Christmas