Start by marking “Mouse's First Christmas” as Want to Read:
Mouse's First Christmas

Mouse's First Christmas (Mouse's Firsts)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  133 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Now available as a Classic Board Book, this charming story follows Mouse's adventure on a quiet winter night. Mouse finds candy canes on the table, lights on the mantle, and a jolly, red stranger in the chimney. It can only mean one thing!
Board Book, 34 pages
Published October 1st 2002 by Little Simon (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Mouse's First Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mouse's First Christmas

midnightfaerie
Another mouse book, this time about Christmas. All my kids are enjoying little mouse discover things from different holidays. I, myself, am enjoying the paintings that look like closeups of brushed on canvas. Really pretty, and a great addition to the book!
Kat
We loved reading these enchanting books, as seen from the perspective of a tiny mouse, exploring his house and making amazing discoveries during the holidays. My youngest would stand on tiptoe at the bin of board books in the library, make her selections and then she would carry an armload to the checkout; this book was often among them. She would be at her happiest with a stack of board books beside her on the car ride home, "reading" them and chattering about them the whole way.

We have this b...more
Vivian
Children guess what mouse discovers around the house through descriptive word and visual clues. Shhh! Don't tell til they've made a guess!
Mckinley
A young mouse finds all sorts of Christmas Eve things throughout the house including Santa Claus.
Christine Turner
Late one winter night, Mouse discovers new sights, smells, and tastes: sweet and sparkly cookies, jingly and glinty bells, and lots of boxy and ribbony presents. Mouse doesn't know what any of it means, until a whiskery and jolly guest arrives with a very special holiday message.

The illustrations a large and text is simple. This book works well for both toddlers and preschool.
Jenny
Cute story. A mouse is peeking all around the house to see what he can find. I appreciated that most of what he found is written in the shape of the object (It was a cookie was written in a circle. It was a candy cane was shaped like a candy cane, etc.) The story is short and there is not a lot to it, but my youngest (4) enjoyed it.
Samantha
Mouse explores the Christmas sights, sounds, and smells and meets Santa! The text reads like it should be a lift-the-flap story in which Mouse discovers something and it is loosely described, then readers lift the flap to reveal the object and test their guesses. Paintings are full of warmth and evoke a cozy feeling. PreK-2.
Isabella
SO CUTE!!! I found it at Salvation Army & bought it for my son's First Christmas. I have been reading it to him every night since December 1rst. It is easy to read in ASL signs as well which is a bonus.
Lisa
A sweet and simple story about a little mouse that is discovering all sorts of wonderful Christmasy things on his very first Christmas. I love the illustrations and the way the things are described before it tells what they are.
Briana
Jan 13, 2011 Briana rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those who enjoy great artwork and cute mice...
Such beautiful artwork! Similar to that of Anna Dewdney. Follow mouse as he discovers all of the little "essentials" that make for a great Christmas season. Perfect for little ones with short attention spans.
Lauri
Fun book. Adjective clues lead to children guessing what Christmas item mouse has found in the house.
Mandy
It is Little Mouse's first Christmas and there is lots to see!

Students can use describing words for things they see at Christmas and have their classmates guess what they are describing.
Librarian
Our EC students are having fun identifying the various objects that the mouses encounters. The last encounter, of course, is the most spectacular. ho ho ho!
Heather
The illustrations in this series are great and the books are nice and short so younger toddlers can enjoy them without getting bored
Holly
This is a nice, simple book... perfect for the toddler and preschool crowd. Can use this for Narrative skills and Vocabulary.
Jessica Bearden
I read this to my cousin and she loved it. Since it is Christmas time it made me feel all bubbly inside. :)
Lisa Greer
This is lovely book. I especially enjoyed the illustrations, and my daughter enjoyed it at ages 1.5-2 years.
Kaethe
A newer addition to the Christmas festival of books. It's okay. Pretty pictures.
Michelle
Great Christmas storytime book, good for call outs.
Maren Prestegaard
I love this series . . . . the simplicity of it appeals to me.
Jaime
My 3 year old love all these mouse board books by this author!
Joanna
Sweet. I will make this an annual Christmas story.
Melany
Cute christmas story, great for family reunions
the Reeds
One of the better christmas stories for children.
Alicia
for the Pre-K crowd.
Kim
Kim added it
Oct 18, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Kierstan Schwab
Kierstan Schwab marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Little Quack Polar Bear Night The Christmas Magic The Apple Pie That Papa Baked Mouse's First Fall