Start by marking “Bringing Grammar To Life” as Want to Read:
Bringing Grammar To Life

Bringing Grammar To Life

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  3 reviews
How can you bring grammar to life for your students? By using everyday sources and an integrated approach in your classroom.

In Bringing Grammar to Life, Deborah Dean offers concrete examples and sample classroom dialogue that shows what it means to integrate grammar into the content of a class. Chapter 1 sets the stage for this approach and explains the five aspects of gr

Published October 25th 2007 by Intl Reading Assn

To ask other readers questions about Bringing Grammar To Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bringing Grammar To Life

I don't remember why I bought this book. I think I just wanted to learn a new approach to grammar. (I actually bought several writing/grammar books this summer.)

I'm planning on re-reading this book someday, but this time with a highlighter! There's soooo much information and I want to steal soooo many lessons. The majority of lessons are intended for high schoolers (that's the author's area of expertise) but there are several lessons for middle school.

I liked the conversations she created to des
This book is really interesting for future or current English teachers. It has lots of great, fun ideas for teaching grammar in a secondary classroom. I'm studying to become an English teacher and this will be helpful, but sometimes it gets a little repetitive. But it's still a pretty good book with really interesting insight.

Recommended for; people who are or are trying to become English teachers.
Liz
Over half way done and now to my dismay I realized I left the book on one of my many buses in Thailand. All of my annotations are gone :(

I just got a new copy for Christmas. Yay! Now I can finally finish.
E
E added it
Oct 29, 2014
Maggie Neuman
Maggie Neuman marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
Nizam Sadiq
Nizam Sadiq marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2013
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2013
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2013
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2012
Janelle
Janelle marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2012
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2012
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2011
Monica
Monica added it
Nov 13, 2011
Tiffany Bills
Tiffany Bills marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2011
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2009
Joseph Wiederhold
Joseph Wiederhold marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2009
Strategic Writing: The Writing Process and Beyond in the Secondary English Classroom Genre Theory: Teaching, Writing, and Being What Works in Writing Instruction: Research and Practices Who's Afraid of Genetics in Medicine: Understanding the Basics of the Biogenetic Process The Global Burden of Chlamydiae: Chlamydiae, Genomics and Global Public Health