Brewster the Rooster

Brewster the Rooster

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  8 reviews
What has gotten into Brewster the rooster? The Macintosh family can't understand why their barnyard pet is crowing at the darnedest things. When the barnyard brouhaha gets to be too much, Doc Sawyer is consulted. Can he figure out how to help Brewster? Full color.
Published May 1st 2007 by Sleeping Bear Press

Michelle Doerr
Brewster the Rooster is such a fun story! Even I was excited about getting to the end. This is a picture book for both nursery and primary aged children. I gave this book 5 stars because the rhyming words flow great and the pictures are awesome! Rooster is cock-a-doodle-dooing at everything and the Macintosh family is tired of it. They take him to see the doctor to have him shushed up. The clever little girl figures out that Brewster is not crazy. My children thought this book was very funny and...more
Heidi
I love the rhyming in this! The rhythm is fantastic, too. The illustrations are fun and use of color is beautiful. The story is hilarious! And I totally understand Julie's plight. Very, very fun book. If I can practice enough, perhaps I can do the book justice in my Puzzles & Problems storytime.
Mrs Bond
Brewster's crowing at everything, day and night. The barnyard consensus is that he has lost his mind and needs to be shushed. Turns out he just needs glasses to see the sun.
Sandy
What a fun book to read aloud to kids. I like to have the kids predict why Brewster the Rooster crows so loudly. The illustrations are fun as is the story.
Mary
A bit long for preschool storytime, but I liked the musical quality of the rhyme scheme. This would definitely be one I'd have to practice reading aloud!
Liz
I think I grabbed this for the title--my brother's nickname. Great illustrations. The story had a good twist at the end. Brewster needs glasses.
Jussay
This book could be used to teach cause and effect or forming hypothosis or just enjoyed for the really cute story it is.
Kasi Lou
Cute children's book...I had to do 10 book critques for school and this was one of them.
Mason
Mason added it
May 30, 2014
Jill Tonsfeldt-losh
Jill Tonsfeldt-losh marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Niki (Daydream Reader)
Niki (Daydream Reader) marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2013
Kathy Craig
Kathy Craig marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2012
Memoirs of a Goldfish Memoirs of a Hamster A is for America H Is for Honor: A Military Family Alphabet P is for Passport: A World Alphabet (Discover the World)