Start by marking “Brewster the Rooster” as Want to Read:
Brewster the Rooster

Brewster the Rooster

3.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  42 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
What has gotten into Brewster the rooster? The Macintosh family can't understand why their barnyard pet is crowing at the darnedest things. When the barnyard brouhaha gets to be too much, Doc Sawyer is consulted. Can he figure out how to help Brewster? Full color.
Published May 1st 2007 by Sleeping Bear Press

To ask other readers questions about Brewster the Rooster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brewster the Rooster

Michelle Doerr
Feb 27, 2012 Michelle Doerr rated it it was amazing
Brewster the Rooster is such a fun story! Even I was excited about getting to the end. This is a picture book for both nursery and primary aged children. I gave this book 5 stars because the rhyming words flow great and the pictures are awesome! Rooster is cock-a-doodle-dooing at everything and the Macintosh family is tired of it. They take him to see the doctor to have him shushed up. The clever little girl figures out that Brewster is not crazy. My children thought this book was very funny and ...more
Heidi
I love the rhyming in this! The rhythm is fantastic, too. The illustrations are fun and use of color is beautiful. The story is hilarious! And I totally understand Julie's plight. Very, very fun book. If I can practice enough, perhaps I can do the book justice in my Puzzles & Problems storytime.

? 2010 - I know I read this earlier. Sometime in VA.

6/8/15 Used in Fitness Hop 'N' Harmonies. Longer than I remembered, but they sat through just fine. Especially after doing the warm up songs. I coul
Readergirl77
Jan 27, 2016 Readergirl77 rated it it was amazing
Fun book with cute illustrations. Nathan really enjoyed this one, and I must admit I even laughed out loud towards the end while reading it to him.
Mrs Bond
Mar 10, 2009 Mrs Bond rated it liked it
Brewster's crowing at everything, day and night. The barnyard consensus is that he has lost his mind and needs to be shushed. Turns out he just needs glasses to see the sun.
Sandy
Sep 29, 2009 Sandy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture
What a fun book to read aloud to kids. I like to have the kids predict why Brewster the Rooster crows so loudly. The illustrations are fun as is the story.
Mary
Oct 26, 2012 Mary rated it liked it
A bit long for preschool storytime, but I liked the musical quality of the rhyme scheme. This would definitely be one I'd have to practice reading aloud!
Liz
Sep 11, 2012 Liz rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2012-13
I think I grabbed this for the title--my brother's nickname. Great illustrations. The story had a good twist at the end. Brewster needs glasses.
Jussay
Dec 04, 2008 Jussay rated it it was amazing
This book could be used to teach cause and effect or forming hypothosis or just enjoyed for the really cute story it is.
TheReadingKnitter/ Kasey
Feb 08, 2009 TheReadingKnitter/ Kasey rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009
Cute children's book...I had to do 10 book critques for school and this was one of them.
Laaudrey Duncan
Laaudrey Duncan rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2016
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Faye
Faye marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Jordan Nichols
Jordan Nichols rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Ashleigh York
Ashleigh York marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
Carrie Bergantino
Carrie Bergantino rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2015
Aiyah
Aiyah is currently reading it
Aug 08, 2015
Mary
Mary added it
Jun 11, 2015
Silence
Silence rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2015
Daniel Tovar
Daniel Tovar rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2015
Declan
Declan rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2014
Natalie O
Natalie O rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2014
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Mason
Mason added it
May 30, 2014
Jill Tonsfeldt-losh
Jill Tonsfeldt-losh marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Adam
Adam rated it it was ok
Apr 21, 2014
Sara K
Sara K rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2014
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2013