Start by marking “Death of an Angel” as Want to Read:
Death of an Angel

Death of an Angel

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  4 reviews
When prosperous lawyer Ernest Brendel mysteriously disappeared, along with his wife Alice, and their 8-year-old daughter Emily, friends in the close-knit Rhode Island neighborhood worried that family had been kidnapped. It would be agonizing months in a massive FBI search before they would know the heartbreaking truth.

The shaken community began to lose hope that the family
Published July 15th 1994 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Death of an Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death of an Angel

Doreen
Massive disclaimer: I only read this book because my best friend was one of the kids on that APL field trip with Emily Brendel, and her disappearance and murder affected him deeply. So, for that, this book was important for me to read.

Dispassionately, though, the book was alright. I don't particularly care for the true crime genre, mostly because it seems to attract the worst sort of sensationalist hack writers. Sometimes, of course, you get writers who are happy to let the facts speak for thems
Jeannie
This story really got to me, found myself crying about half way through. The investigators on this case got so close to the victims and the author made the reader know and love them too. A really really good true crime read!
Jasmine
Hightower may be a psychopath but he was also completely moronic. I could not get over how stupid he was..
Larain
Interesting true story read.
Darcy
Darcy marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Emily Patton
Emily Patton marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Deb
Deb is currently reading it
Mar 02, 2014
Beverly
Beverly marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Lynsayp4
Lynsayp4 marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2013
Dawn Finch
Dawn Finch marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2013
Meredith Mcalister
Meredith Mcalister marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2012
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2012
Dylan
Dylan marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Janice
Janice added it
Jul 09, 2012
sallie
sallie marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2012
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
May 12, 2011
Andrea Hickman Walker
Andrea Hickman Walker marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2011
The Jeffrey Dahmer Story: An American Nightmare Hush Little Babies: the true story of a mother who murdered her own children JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation The Milwaukee Murders: Nightmare In Apartment 213: The Twisted True Story Of The "Real Life Hannibal Lecter" Sins of the Flesh