Start by marking “Entangled Minds: Extrasensory Experiences in a Quantum Reality” as Want to Read:
Entangled Minds: Extrasensory Experiences in a Quantum Reality

Entangled Minds: Extrasensory Experiences in a Quantum Reality

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  556 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Is everything connected? Can we sense what's happening to loved ones thousands of miles away? Why are we sometimes certain of a caller's identity the instant the phone rings? Do intuitive hunches contain information about future events? Is it possible to perceive without the use of the ordinary senses?

Many people believe that such "psychic phenomena" are rare talents or di
Published April 25th 2006 by Paraview Pocket Books (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Entangled Minds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Entangled Minds

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee1984 by George OrwellThe Diary of a Young Girl by Anne FrankThe Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Books That Changed My World
472nd out of 1,866 books — 1,857 voters
Interviews With the Dead, Part 1 by Collette SinclaireMessages From Heaven by Collette SinclaireThe Real Book of the Dead by Collette SinclaireCemetery Tours by Jacqueline E. SmithEvidence of Life After Death, Proof of the Afterlife; Heaven ... by Tessy Rawlins
Exploring the Paranormal
10th out of 35 books — 21 voters

More lists with this book...

Julie
This book was really neat. Reading study after study after study after study, all of which demonstrate that the universe and consciousness are NOT random drives home with scientific evidence that impossible things are not only possible, but common and replicable under scrutiny. Psi (psychic) phenomena, including telepathy, clairvoyance, psychokinesis are explored in the laboratory and grounded in hard science. (Seriously, read it yourself). It serves to point out that the views we have acquired ...more
lisa
It could have been an intriguing book, however he spent too much time "proving" the point, and not enough time on the theories behind the proof. Boring!
Karl
In his book, “Entangled Minds”, Dean Radin blends his experience as a scientist with his sincere desire to present readers with easily understood and timely information about quantum mechanics and Psi research (Psi as it is used here can be defined as, “A means by which information can be gained from a distance without the use of the ordinary senses.”)

After a brief, but thorough, look at the history/origins of Psi, dating all the way back to 2000 BC when the Egyptians used a practice known as ‘d
Aliemms
MATERIAL WORLD PARANOIA

Dehumanization through Industrialization
Bring fear to the masses of reincarnation
Manic frustration deterioration
Nature fights back for its own preservation

Concrete coffin breeds lunacy
Cold steel skeleton, desperation in the factory
Crank out oblivion

Power's illusion brings global confusion
A foregone conclusion of mind's evolution
Nature's destruction through massive production
A blatant example of mindless construction

Material world paranoia
Corporation rule the earth
Enslavery
Shelli
This is definitely one of the more readable books I've read about quantum physics that still provides loads of scientific evidence. If you've ever wondered why you just "know" that someone you care about is in trouble, this book does a good job of explaining the phenomenon of entanglement. Don't let the "paranormal" label put you off...this is not about ghosts, demons, or anything like it. This is scientific evidence from multiple studies that shows how we are connected, and Dr. Radin explains e ...more
Rick
Feb 06, 2008 Rick rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Evan
Warning: Although well written, this is a hard book to read with a lot of statistical analysis.

This is essentially the follow-on of Dean Radin's earlier book "The Conscious Universe". Personally, I think it is one of the most significant books I have ever read. Chapter 13 (Theories of Psi) is especially thought provoking....and sometimes hard to grasp...I had to read it twice. Chapter 14 (Next) is kind of fun to read, especially when he takes the skeptical scientific community to task...well des
Krista
Without overstating the case, this books rolls out in logical order a volume of legitimate scientific research on extrasensory perception and links it to quantum physics, including Einstein's action at a distance observations and Bell's theorem. I intended to skim this book, but I ended up reading every word of every experiment and every argument for and against. You can't really read this book and ignore the implications. Fascinating.
Sharon Fisher
This book was fascinating! I read it a few years ago when doing research for my novel ECHO 8 (which will be published next year by Tor). Clear, easy to understand, and engaging. An informative read for anyone interested in psi, and a must read for those who also have an interest in quantum physics.
Christy Stewart
Sparknotes version: Science be trippin'

Too much commentary and not enough substance. Still, worth reading if you don't like reading text books and haven't yet read anything on this subject.
Vince Dacosta
This was a hard read ! Very technical and scientific language. In his previous book "The Conscious universe" Radin went to great pains to prove that PSI was real and had been proved in many laboratory experiments. I have no problem with Radin’s claims that PSI is real, even if scientists have rejected Radin's paranormal claims and suggested that he has embraced pseudoscience. He did not go much further in this book.
I was disappointed that he made no mention of how PSI relates to the purpose or r
Ahmed Abdelsattar
There is a must here to understand and study statistics to determine if the experiments show evidence of PSI
In the first part of the book Dean Radin wants to prove that Psi really exits
I think the relationship between Psi and Quantum physics must be more studied to be more clear
I also think that the author want us to think in a new way about reality , what it is and how we see it.
The best part is the part of the book that shows all the theories that can explain Psi phenomena and presents them
Nuno Miranda Ribeiro
This books achieves different (very important) things at once. That probably haven't been presented as substantially in one single work before, or even separately. It goes through the history of the most scientifically relevant studies in psychic phenomena, since their inception. It investigates and presents evidence (reserch, not just arguments) about why psychic phenomena have been traditionally regarded as an exotic, to say the least, field of research, and usually there is very little, close ...more
Mike
This is an excellent book. For anyone who'd aspire to an appreciation of the current landscape of intuition, this is one you should put on your list. No smoke and mirrors, no baloney, just thoughtful, fearless science made readable. Radin spends most of the book recounting many great experiments (which prove psi) accessible to non-scientists like me. But I hope you'll forgive my impatience with those pages. I wasn't looking for proof what I've experienced was real. I was enthralled with Chapters ...more
Jonathan Hiskes
Alex Grey's funky psychedelic paintings got me curious about notions of "entanglement" -- what if our selves don't always end at the physical boundary of our bodies? (Here's my related story: http://www.bastyr.edu/news/general-ne...) Radin sorts through the scientific literature on psi, or extrasensory perception, and argues it's much more robust and convincing than people realize. He wonders if a connected universe will be the next great scientific discovery. As if we live in a "gigantic bowl o ...more
Ben
I have read several books by courageous, visionary scientists who openly explore psychic or paranormal phenomenon. Among those, this is one of the least entertaining and inspiring. Lovers of the procedural aspects of science might really take to this, as there are pages and pages and pages dedicated to methodological descriptions and statistical analysis of past experiments. I'm not complaining--this is certainly important for posterity and for fellow scientists.

My issue with Radin's approach i
Hasham Ahmad
This book succinctly and convincingly places the otherwise fuzzy realm of psychic phenomenon firmly into the sphere of rational enquiry. For the last few centuries the overriding classical deterministic, local and casual theory of physics have pushed the idea of psi into the realm of the ridiculous, but with recent developments in quantum theory, technology, and progress in neuroscience etc., the ideas of telepathy, clairvoyance, psychokinesis and so on have become considerably less far-fetched. ...more
Laine Cunningham
The title of this book promises to delve into the connections between quantum physics and ESP. While it provides a wealth of information about the history of ESP research, including studies that prove that it's real, the book deals only lightly with the quantum side.
It's not that the explanations of quantum theories aren't there; they are, in a way that is easily understood by folks like me who aren't scientists. There just isn't a whole lot of it.
Because of this lack, I was disappointed in th
Roberta Grimes
Dean Radin is an academic parapsychologist whose interest lies in the workings of psychic phenomena in a quantum reality. Dubbed by some “the Einstein of consciousness research,” he never quite says that everything springs from consciousness. But his books are filled with evidence of the primary role of consciousness, and they are well done and fascinating reading.
Amina Fellan
I think the interpretation provided in this book to explain the paranormal/psychic experiences some people usually have is very plausible and even somewhat logical, well if you try to grasp the new concepts in quantum theory. I really enjoyed reading this book, not to mention it was my first on quantum reality and definitely won't be the last!
Ingrid Hardy
I gave up on this book. There were some very interesting points and discussions, but then it kind of lingered on how bad scientists are and how stupid scientists supposedly think "normal" people are. Probably true in some cases, but I don't think it's fair to lump everyone - in any camp - into one big assumption.

Because I've given up on the book, be aware I could be wrong about my assumption, perhaps the author portrays things differently further along. At my age, however, time is of the essence
Kathie
I first got interested in this subject about three years ago. Then found more and more about in a format that can be read by someone other than a scientist. Noetic sciences are appealing and the exploration of Quantum Physics is incredibly interesting. The Miracle of Water and the Crystal series of books were also an eye opening experience. I saw the movie, "what the bleep do we know" and that sparked a reawakening of my interst.
Rick
Starts out trying too hard to be convincing using some questionable logic but half way through uses scientific studies to better make the point. I would have preferred a more objective approach but I do understand that when you're on the fringe it is tempting to appeal to the emotion. Overall I was convinced there is something inexplicable which we would do well to explore.
B.R. Gonzales
A very-well written (and well endnoted) account of the (then) current scientific studies of various psi phenomena. By presenting numerous scientific studies of psi, Dean Radin argues the psi phenomena are real and worthy of further scientific investigation. In the latter part of the book, he delves into some speculative explanations for what psi might be.
Damian Satterthwaite-Phillips
Aug 20, 2009 Damian Satterthwaite-Phillips rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: dorks
You have to read this book. The writing is atrocious but the content is amazing! It's all about how quantum mechanics may serve as an explanation for "psi" phenomena, along with experimental results that give empirical evidence that (some) such phenomena really do exist... My only question is: how well were the experiments set up to begin with?
Michael Graeme
A very convincing book that presents the evidence for the ways in which the human mind can impact on events in the universe, can see around corners and seemingly ignore the normal rules of time and space. If you're serious about paranormal research, psi, psychical research or whatever it's called these days, this is a must read.

Tara Thai
The topic is certainly interesting and intriguing, and the book is written in such a way that you don't need to be a quantum physics and entanglement expert to understand it. However, although it started with a bang and got me extremely interested, it ended up spending far too much time trying to justify and prove the validity of psi.
Barbara
This is a good book for people interested in psychic phenomena. The author does a good job of offering evidence for the existence of certain phenomena that can't be explained by science but which are hard to deny. Many have tried to do this, but Radin does a particularly good job.
Juanita
This books feels a little like Galileo must have felt when he figured out the world was round. Dean Radin discusses some cutting-edge science that will change the way the world thinks when people are ready to fathom the unfathomable.
Tom Hull
About the science behind the interconnection of consciousness, and the experiments and people who have been studying/researching this subject matter
Darren Randall
Some interesting stuff, bit too much fluffing about experiments ect for me. Maybe not quite the book I was after but still an interesting read.
  • Quantum Enigma: Physics Encounters Consciousness
  • The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe
  • The Self-Aware Universe: How Consciousness Creates the Material World
  • Extraordinary Knowing: Science, Skepticism, and the Inexplicable Powers of the Human Mind
  • The ESP Enigma: The Scientific Case for Psychic Phenomena
  • Mysticism and the New Physics
  • The Holotropic Mind: The Three Levels of Human Consciousness and How They Shape Our Lives
  • Journeys Out of the Body
  • The Presence of the Past: Morphic Resonance and the Habits of Nature
  • Astral Dynamics: A New Approach to Out-Of-Body Experiences
  • The God Theory: Universes, Zero-point Fields, And What's Behind It All
  • Passport to Magonia: On UFOs, Folklore, and Parallel Worlds
  • Biocentrism: How Life and Consciousness Are the Keys to Understanding the True Nature of the Universe
  • The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles
  • Science and the Akashic Field: An Integral Theory of Everything
  • The Spiritual Brain: A Neuroscientist's Case for the Existence of the Soul
  • Cosmic Consciousness - A Study in the Evolution of the Human Mind
  • The Age of Entanglement: When Quantum Physics Was Reborn
Dean Radin, PhD, is Senior Scientist at the INSTITUTE OF NOETIC SCIENCES (IONS) and Adjunct Faculty in the Department of Psychology at SONOMA STATE UNIVERSITY. His original career track as a concert violinist shifted into science after earning a BSEE degree in electrical engineering, magna cum laude and with honors in physics, from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, and then an MS in electr ...more
More about Dean Radin...
The Conscious Universe: The Scientific Truth of Psychic Phenomena Supernormal: Science, Yoga, and the Evidence for Extraordinary Psychic Abilities The Noetic Universe Captain of My Ship, Master of My Soul: Living with Guidance with CDROM Radiant Minds: Scientists Explore the Dimensions of Consciousness

“What Warcollier demonstrated is compatible with what modern cognitive neuroscience has learned about how visual images are constructed by the brain. It implies that telepathic perceptions bubble up into awareness from the unconscious and are probably processed in the brain in the same way that we generate images in dreams. And thus telepathic “images” are far less certain than sensory-driven images and subject to distortion.” 0 likes