Start by marking “Staying Power (Darshian Tales #3)” as Want to Read:
Staying Power (Darshian Tales #3)

Staying Power (Darshian Tales #3)

Karik always wanted to travel and see more of the world. Now he’s on his first major expedition to explore the mysterious land of Andon. But he’ll learn working in a team and managing diverse talents and personalities isn’t easy. It’s even harder when your leader is a prickly, handsome lieutenant and your colleague only opens his mouth to insert the other foot. Contains ...more
ebook
Published February 17th 2010 by Smashwords Edition (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Staying Power, please sign up.

Ann Hey Ceren, email me at logophilos@gmail.com and I will happily send you the epub files for the books you want to read, for free. sorry for the long…moreHey Ceren, email me at logophilos@gmail.com and I will happily send you the epub files for the books you want to read, for free. sorry for the long delay in replying(less)

Paul
Jul 31, 2015 Paul rated it it was amazing
This has turned out to be an excellent high fantasy series.
Dumbledore11214
Estara
Nov 20, 2014 Estara rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2009
This is the third book in the Darshian Tales and finally the focus shifts from Arman and Kei to Karik and his background, as well as his personal and professional future.

We get introduced to Andon and its beauties, as well as the protagonist of the fourth Darshian tale. As always there are explorations of self-worth, prejudice, fatherhood, love, knowledge, discipline, war, perseverance in the face of inner and outer catastrophe - there's even enemies-to-lovers and you can follow both protagonis
David
Oct 03, 2015 David rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Absolute excellence
Heather
Mar 25, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite book in the series so far.

After following Karik through his teenage turmoil, it was so rewarding to watch him come into his own in this book as a man, scientist, and lover. Romi is possibly my favorite character in all of these books. The banter and chemistry between these two is simply amazing. The best love is born out of respect, not infatuation, and respect is definitely the basis for this couple.

The only downside to this book is that Arman and Kei take a secondary role.
Melissa
the evolution of the relationship between Karikband Romi reminds me very much of that between Arman and Kei, without the captor/captive element. I found a few aspects of the story troubling, though not wholly unexpected given the development of the characters involved.

I sometimes find the widening landscape of this series troubling, but i think that's just myself having some issues picturing the map of the world in my head.

I do love that Somerville has kept the original characters in play throu
Nene
Jan 31, 2011 Nene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, fantasy, series
I loved Karik having his own full story, and this was the perfect way to go with it. Karik definitely needed his own adventure! As I mentioned in my review of book one, the romance is a very tiny portion of the book, so if you're looking for an epic romantic fantasy, this one isn't it. But it is an epic fantasy for sure, and the world building never ceases to amaze me.
Mandy Beyers
Aug 04, 2012 Mandy Beyers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mandy by: Suong Doan
I loved seeing Karik find his partner after all he went through as a young man, and Romi was a great character as well. Several events made me want to cry and I thoroughly enjoyed reading about familiar characters again.
Aelfwina
Oct 14, 2014 Aelfwina rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, fantasy-scifi
The author seems capable of only writing 2 kinds of characters: the nasty ones (think Umbridge types) and the self-flagellating ones ("if only I had" and "it's all my fault" went on for pages!).
Nicole
Jun 30, 2012 Nicole marked it as own-to-read  ·  review of another edition
I've started this, but then I hit an emotional funk... So I'll come back to this when I'm in a better mood because I want to enjoy this book to the fullest!
A.B. Gayle
A.B. Gayle rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2014
Penelope Frost
Penelope Frost rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2012
~RMG
~RMG rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2012
Cathy
Cathy rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2012
Lia
Lia rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2012
Psycholark
Psycholark rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2012
Katie Polley
Katie Polley rated it really liked it
May 19, 2016
Ingwalde
Ingwalde rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2013
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Katerina
Katerina rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2012
Eisheth
Eisheth rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2011
David Spaulding
David Spaulding rated it liked it
May 24, 2015
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2012
Poppy Dennison
Poppy Dennison rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2011
Sasha Riley
Sasha Riley rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2011
Filipa
Filipa rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2013
Miriki
Miriki rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2011
Lamar54
Lamar54 rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2013
Ravyn
Ravyn rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2010
Megan White
Megan White rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2011
  • Bound (Kria, #2)
  • By Chance Met (Chronicles of Ylandre, #3)
  • Lords of Kellesborne (The Draegan Lords, #2)
  • Dynasty of Ghosts
  • Crescendo (Song of the Fallen, #2)
  • The Lodestar of Ys
  • Mariner's Luck (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #2)
  • Dominion of the Eth (Wings #2)
  • The Archer's Heart
  • Champion of the Scarlet Wolf, Book Two (Champion of the Scarlet Wolf, #2)
  • Snowflakes and Embers
  • Games & Players (The Administration, #3)
Ann Somerville grew up in one of Australia’s prettiest small cities. In 1989, she left Australia with a BA and a burning ambition to see more of the world and its people, and to discover this ‘culture’ thing people kept telling her about. In 2006, she returned home to Southeast Queensland with two more degrees (this time in science and IT), an English husband and a staggering case of homesickness, ...more
More about Ann Somerville...

Darshian Tales (4 books)
  • Kei's Gift (Darshian Tales, #1)
  • Falling From The Tree (Darshian Tales #2)
  • Home Ground (Darshian Tales #4)