Start by marking “Blogging Heroes: Interviews with 30 of the World's Top Bloggers” as Want to Read:
Blogging Heroes: Interviews with 30 of the World's Top Bloggers

Blogging Heroes: Interviews with 30 of the World's Top Bloggers

3.49  ·  Rating Details  ·  78 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Among more than 102,000,000 blogs, a few stand out as influential, ground-breaking, and singularly successful. These thirty bloggers, who write about everything from business trends to parenting, have been featured in "Wired" magazine, "Popular Science," and on CNN, NPR, MSNBC, and "20/20." In one-on-one conversations with Michael A. Banks, these innovative, creative think ...more
Published December 1st 2007 by John Wiley & Sons

To ask other readers questions about Blogging Heroes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blogging Heroes

Alyce Hunt
Apr 14, 2016 Alyce Hunt rated it liked it
Definitely an interesting book - as a blogger, the interviews gave good pieces of advice. However, by using a large collection of bloggers from the Weblogs, Inc. corporation, it means that a lot of the time it does feel as though you're reading the same story and the same advice over and over again.
There were also a few rather obvious errors throughout the book, and while I wouldn't normally detract from the rating too much because of that, spelling the link for davetaylor.com as davetalyor.com
Meghan
Apr 19, 2011 Meghan rated it liked it
This book offered valuable insight from the minds behind several successful blogs. Despite the book being a little dated (it's kind of sad when a book published in 2008 can seem dated), it still offers good information. It would have been nice to have a closing chapter summing up all the insight and specific suggestions, especially to point out what was most frequently suggested and/or the conflicting pieces of advice. The book did have points of review for every chapter, but by the time you get ...more
Daniel Dessinger
Mar 11, 2014 Daniel Dessinger rated it it was amazing
My favorite book about blogging. There's nothing more effective for the purpose of inspiring others than to tell stories of those who have gone before. This book tells the story of many bloggers who came early and crushed it. We see many different approaches to success in the same industry, and it gives hope to those of us who aspire to bloggy greatness.
stephanie cat
Jun 27, 2008 stephanie cat rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Bloggers, anyone who wants a blog,
A pretty spiffy book on a bunch of the most well-known and 'best' bloggers out there. I put the quotes around best, because I learned that every person doesn't like the same blogs. Shocking, right? Someone might like Engadget over Gizmodo (and it doesn't really matter whether you know what that is or not), and there isn't one real blogosphere. There's a zillion, all depending on what it is you write about. You could be part of 7 different blogospheres at once.

It's also pretty cool to learn abou
J
Aug 26, 2008 J rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anybody wanting to understand a technology that is changing their world.
Okay, most of us blog for the fun of it, to keep in touch, to put ourselves out there in the world, to say what we want to say to, hopefully, a larger audience. But blogging can become a commitment, a business, obsessive, or a tool for change. Blogging Heroes provides interviews with 30 notable bloggers, telling about their blogs, how they began blogging, what it requires of them, how they make an income from it, what they think is required to be a successful blogger, and much more. From Chris A ...more
Harley
Jun 10, 2012 Harley rated it it was amazing
I recommend that anyone who is contemplating writing a blog read this book. Michael Banks has taken the time to interview 30 top bloggers and discover what makes them successful. Almost every top blogger says that if you start a blog you need to write about what you are passionate about. Don't start a blog to make money because that is not likely to happen. Contrary to what some internet information sellers will try to convince you, making lots of money is rare. One creates a blog to share one's ...more
Dany
Feb 17, 2014 Dany rated it it was ok
Not as instructive as i thought it would be.
Christina
Jun 21, 2012 Christina rated it liked it
I researched blogging on the library catalog and checked out this book to see if it would help me in my own career. My favorite review was of the PostSecret blog; the others focused on technology and business nearly exclusively. The bloggers universally echoed each other: write an original blog in your niche and write about what you're passionate about. A good book, not great for the average blogger toiling away in anonymity.
Zoltan
Dec 26, 2007 Zoltan rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: not sure
I'm not sure about this book, it's basically a set of interviews with people who have achieved some measure of success as bloggers. If you're looking to start a blog, it's a worth at least skimming. If you're doing a soc-sci/anthropology paper on blogging you could pick up a few tips on interviewing here.

Everyone else? umm...maybe.
Shirley McLain
Jan 26, 2011 Shirley McLain rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for people who are just beginning to blog. Michael Banks has picked top bloggers and interviewed them. Each one has given specific responses on what can help you to blog better. There suggestions make a lot of sense and are easy to follow. I would recommend this book to learning bloggers.
Michael Lighten
Jan 22, 2013 Michael Lighten rated it it was amazing
I believe this will be the best book I have read for 2012, nonfictional-wise. Michael A. Banks does an excellent job displaying the websites and how these professional bloggers do what they do. Priceless information for those interested in blogging.
Silvia
Dec 10, 2014 Silvia rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book a lot....although is a bit 'old' but nonetheless straight to the point giving simple tips from choosing a niche to writing about something youre passionate about and using SEO.
Dorena
Feb 24, 2013 Dorena rated it liked it
I will save you the read. Basically, if you want to make it big in blogging; network, write good content and be passionate about you topic. The End.
Stacy
Jul 01, 2013 Stacy rated it liked it
Interesting read of 30 successful bloggers and the different career paths that led them to blogging as well as tips of the trade they offer.
Ben
Aug 25, 2009 Ben rated it liked it
read a more extended review of this book on my blog at:
Jayfader
Jan 02, 2008 Jayfader rated it really liked it
It's always hard to document any internet phenoms, but this one does a fairly good job.
Kate
Mar 11, 2008 Kate rated it really liked it
great, useful book, but a little tech heavy.
Bats
Bats rated it it was ok
Jun 12, 2016
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Darius
Darius rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2016
Brandelyn
Brandelyn rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2016
David Jardine
David Jardine marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Ellie Wilson
Ellie Wilson marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Lawrence
Lawrence rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Jim Baesler
Jim Baesler rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2016
Greg
Greg marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Matthew Loomis
Matthew Loomis marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
Aarti
Aarti marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
Nic G
Nic G marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Michael A. Banks is the author of 43 books, the most recent of which is Blogging Heroes: Interviews with 30 of the World's Top Bloggers. He also wrote the New York Times bestseller CROSLEY: Two Brothers and a Business Empire that Transformed the Nation, The eBay Survival Guide, and several science fiction novels, as well as a number of other non-fiction books.

Also credited as Michael Banks.
More about Michael A. Banks...