Start by marking “The Judas Solution (Blackcollar, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Judas Solution (Blackcollar, #3)

The Judas Solution (Blackcollar #3)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  297 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Damon Lathe, Allen Caine, and the Blackcollar drug-enhanced combat team want to infiltrate a Ryqril-conquered colony, a tactical center where the whole sector's military data flows through against the Chryselli. But Ryqruil Prefect Jamus Galway of Plinry has a clone duplicate of Allen ready.
Published May 23rd 2006 by Baen (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Judas Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Judas Solution

Jean-Luc
Having conquered the humans of the Terran Democratic Empire, the Ryquil turned their attention to the Chryselli, an alien race that stayed out of the Ryquil-TDE war because they needed time to prepare their own defenses. They put that time to good use, and they're holding their own. Now the Chryselli want help from the space ninjas: the Ryquil are setting up a brand new tactical coordination center a little too close to Chryselli territory for comfort. They want it taken out!

In the first space
Jesse Whitehead
I find that I cannot provide an honest review of Timothy Zahn’s books. I unconditionally love everything he writes. Some of it is better than others but I find even when I start to notice things that would have driven me crazy in other authors I don’t mind it so much.

If you haven’t read Timothy Zahn’s Blackcollar books you are missing out on some great stories. These books don’t have the strong, unforgettable characters that his Star Wars books did, nor do they have the moral lessons that the Dr
Kenneth Flusche
Well finally finished book 3 and it is a five star story except for the try at Alien speach. It slowwed down the story and dumbed down the concorers of earth. Zahn tries to exspalain why no human translaters, but with the mind control they suposidly have I don't believe it. Also I still believe we will have computer speach if nothing else by that time so we should be able to understand the enemy when they talk to us as eisily as we understand humans on other planets who have not had comunication ...more
John Loyd
Blackcollar the Judas Solution (2006) 462 pages by Timothy Zahn

The Plinry blackcollars go on two concurrent missions, Lathe, Mordecai, Spadafora and Caine go to Khala to try to infiltrate a Ryq base there. Meanwhile Skyler and his group come to Earth. Jensen and Flynn get separated from Skyler when Flynn's parachute fails to deploy.

Thirty years ago the Ryqril invaded the TDE (Terran Empire) and pretty much conquered it. They have a process called loyalty conditioning that they used on the leader
Tom
The final book of the Blackcollar trilogy feels rushed and sloppy. If nothing else it could have been shorter. Not to say that it's long. It's just that the conclusion, when we get to it, feels like something that should have been obvious from the last book (spoilers here if you haven't read the The Backlash Mission):

the existence of a drug that completely undoes the alien loyalty conditioning should effectively be the end of their occupation of human space.

Just the existence of such a drug ma
Brian
Closes out a solid military-ish sci-fi trilogy about enhanced space ninjas and how they beat the advanced civilization of giant cat-warriors who had taken over the Terran empire, using only their wits, nunchucks, and throwing stars. I sound like I don't like these books, but I actually really really do. You just have to take them for what they are.
Jason
A satisfying end to the series but not Zahn's best work. The heroes always win, the aliens are kind of stereotyped, and the fight scenes get a little repetitive. Not a bad book but again not the best he's done.
Robert Marshall
This is the last book in Author Zahn’s Blackcollar series, as with the previous two it is an excellent read. Since this was written in 2006 I don’t expect an addition to the series, but one would be appreciated. Author Zahn’s well defined characters and complex plot keep the reader’s interest throughout the book.
Junius Johnson
A great finish to a great trilogy. By this point in the story, you've come to expect that the Blackcollars will come out on top, and prove to have been ahead of the curve in unexpected ways all the time. The question is just: "how will that look specifically?" I found myself pleased and surprised at the particular turn this one took, and there were some good laugh-out-loud moments as well. A solid hit for Zahn.
Mark
I'm going with five stars here because Zahn really hits his stride with the series in the finale. This time, we witness the clash of two mega plots -- one by Lathe to free the Terran Federation of the Ryquil, at least for a while, and another by Galway, to turn the tables on the Blackcollars once and for all. Who's playing whom? Zahn's at his best in this book.
Craig
This is a third book in the Blackcollar series, the prevous two volumes of which appeared twenty or so years ago. Zahn does a good job of picking up the tone and narrative right where the preceding volume left off. Good adventure sf with political insight. It's unfortunately saddled with one of the worst covers ever.
Doc
I thoroughly enjoyed this series of books. I'm a sucker for the combination of technology, humanity, intrigue, strategy and tactics, and blowing stuff up. Zahn has done a fine job of building the characters, tech, and complex political and human issues.
Nicole
Jul 25, 2011 Nicole added it
Shelves: science-fiction
I enjoyed this book, as I do all Zahn. The end didn't quite jive with what was actually said in the story... it felt like he just kinda pulled it out of a rainbow :P
Eat5hams
Another fun little Timothy Zahn book. not the best ever, but a fun book and a good ending to the trilogy.
Penny
Great book. So glad I read this Series
Louise Nutting
Louise Nutting marked it as to-read
Christopher Lunsford
Christopher Lunsford marked it as to-read
Nils
Nils marked it as to-read
Clay
Clay added it
Jul 18, 2015
Benjamin Brown
Benjamin Brown marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Jeff Ross
Jeff Ross marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Sonny Lee
Sonny Lee marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Magicaltweeter
Magicaltweeter is currently reading it
Jul 02, 2015
Dan J
Dan J added it
Jun 29, 2015
  • David Falkayn: Star Trader (Technic Civilization 2)
  • A Plague of Demons & Other Stories
  • Janus (Janus, #1-2)
  • Honor of the Clan (Posleen War: Cally's War, #3)
  • The Tide of Victory (Belisarius, #5)
  • The Forlorn
  • The Prince (Falkenberg's Legion, #1-4)
  • The Privateer (The Flight Engineer, #2)
  • Planet of Treachery (Family D'Alembert, #7)
  • The Tau Ceti Agenda
  • Time Scout (Time Scout, #1)
  • Hell's Gate (Multiverse, #1)
  • Sunborn (Chaos Chronicles, #4)
  • Contact with Chaos (Freehold, #4)
  • Destiny's Forge (Man-Kzin Wars, #11.5)
  • Night of Power
  • A Desert Called Peace
  • Man-Kzin Wars 11 (Man-Kzin Wars, #11)
Timothy Zahn attended Michigan State University, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in physics in 1973. He then moved to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and achieved an M.S. degree in physics in 1975. While he was pursuing a doctorate in physics, his adviser became ill and died. Zahn never completed the doctorate. In 1975 he had begun writing science fiction as a hobby, and he bec ...more
More about Timothy Zahn...

Blackcollar (4 books)
  • The Blackcollar (Blackcollar, #1)
  • The Backlash Mission (Blackcollar, #2)
  • Blackcollar Omnibus (Blackcollar, #1-3)
Heir to the Empire (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy, #1) Dark Force Rising (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy, #2) The Last Command (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy, #3) Specter of the Past (Star Wars: The Hand of Thrawn, #1) Vision of the Future (Star Wars: The Hand of Thrawn, #2)