Start by marking “Densha Otoko: The Story of the Train Man Who Fell in Love with a Girl, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Densha Otoko: The Story of the Train Man Who Fell in Love with a Girl, Volume 1

Densha Otoko: The Story of the Train Man Who Fell in Love with a Girl, Volume 1 (Densha Otoko #1)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Densha has never had a girlfriend. Most of his days are spent immersed in electronics and worshipping the beautiful, yet two-dimensional, women in his life. However, fate takes a turn for Densha one ordinary night on an ordinary train ride. He falls in love at first sight with Hermes, a gorgeous fellow passenger. When a drunken rider tries to harass her, Densha surprises h ...more
Published October 11th 2006 by CMX

To ask other readers questions about Densha Otoko, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Densha Otoko

Noran Miss Pumkin
This is an amazing -true life story manga about the author. Boy meets girl, boy knows nothing how to court girl-so he turns to community message/chat board for advice and support!!! I adore the drawing-especially the panels, where the other chatters are reading the poor guy's posts. It is like their cyber soap opera-which they get to be interactive with. The girl seems to be dropping hints, like snow outsider my window right now, or is she just being nice and polite-like how the snow looks-befor ...more
Lea
Excellent book! Follows the story of nerdy "Train Man" who meets a beautiful girl and saves her from a drunk. What follows is his attempt at romancing her when he barely knows how to talk to her! Luckily for Train, he has an online forum where he posts all the latest details of his romance and asks for advice. Very cute manga. I liked seeing all the different people from the chat forum group together to support Train! :)
Kristy Buzbee
I rented this because I loved the movie Train_man (which is what Densha Otoko means). This one is cute, though the art is simple and unspectacular. Also, I liked the movie more because the characters were in their twenties - I think in this they're like high school students, and look like ten-year-olds. It's cute enough though, and only 3 volumes, so I'll probably rent the rest.
Pam Zaragoza
I've been meaning to read Train Man (the novel) but the books is so expensive and i tried searching for an ebook version but failed so i tried reading the manga version instead! I liked it! Such an interesting story. I will try and read another version of Densha Otoko (and by another version, i meant another illustrator: Hara Hidenori)
Karaoke OK
[Series Length: 3 volumes / Read: volumes 1-2]

Artist: Wataru Watanabe

(Would you like me to post a short review of this series? Feel free to place a request in my GoodReads InBox. Thanks!)
Julie
Very cute manga rendition of the Densha Otoko story.
Muhammad Zainon
Feb 05, 2013 Muhammad Zainon is currently reading it
saye nak bace tapi xleh (T.T)
Staci
Staci added it
Mar 05, 2015
Shane
Shane marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Yoolo
Yoolo marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Kotoko
Kotoko added it
Jan 12, 2015
Gabrial Canada
Gabrial Canada marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Roxanne
Roxanne marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Bre
Bre marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Ake Treasuk
Ake Treasuk marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Shiedy
Shiedy added it
Apr 06, 2014
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Jjyvan
Jjyvan marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

Densha Otoko (3 books)
  • Densha Otoko: Volume 2 (Densha Otoko)
  • Densha Otoko: (Train Man) - Volume 3 (Densha Otoko)
Yowamushi Pedal, Go! Vol. 1 Yowamushi Pedal, Go! Vol. 2 Yowamushi Pedal, Go! Vol. 3 Yowamushi Pedal, Go! Vol. 4 Yowamushi Pedal, Go! Vol. 7