Start by marking “We Help Mommy” as Want to Read:
We Help Mommy

We Help Mommy

Written and illustrated by some of the best children's book authors and artist,Little Golden Books are known by their gold-foil binding and by the pleasure they bring to children.

#11 of 68 Special miniature versions of Golden's best-loved children's stories.
Hardcover, a Little Little Golden Book, 24 pages
Published March 29th 2001 by Golden Books (first published 1959)

To ask other readers questions about We Help Mommy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We Help Mommy

Stephanie
Apr 24, 2011 Stephanie rated it liked it
Recommended to Stephanie by: Sonlight
Shelves: homeschool
I miss books like this today. Informative, cute, simple, and quality. Also, Eloise Wilkin - need I say more. These books would not be the same without her beautiful illustrations. Our son loves to sit and stare and study the pictures!!
Erika Gregory
Sep 05, 2012 Erika Gregory rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
We Help Mommy was one of my favorite books as a child. Therefore, going back and reading it again as an adult I was apprehensive that my feelings towards it would change. This was not the case at all. My love of the story remained just strong as it had before. I was able to relate to this story so well because growing up I loved helping my mom and taking on any responsibilites she gave me. Now as an adult I am still able to relate to the book because I now have all the same responsiblites ...more
Asho
Jul 05, 2012 Asho rated it really liked it
This is the companion to We Help Daddy (or, more accurately, I suppose We Help Daddy is the companion to this book, since I believe We Help Mommy was published first). It is similarly charming and retro, with lovely illustrations.
Obviously, since this was written in 1959, the chores Mommy does are decidedly domestic: laundry, sweeping, dusting, making a pie for Daddy, etc. Mommy doesn't quite do the Herculean amount of work that Daddy accomplishes in his book, although she does somehow manage to
Christine
Jul 14, 2012 Christine rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-the-kids
One of my favorites when I was a kid, and now my kids ask me to read it a lot. I like the illustrations because they remind me of growing up and helping my mom and grandma around the house. The chores are timeless even though technology changes. My kids and I have fun reading this together then doing chores afterwards that we read in the book.
Anne
I love this book! It helped me realize that the best way to keep my busy little kids entertained and out of trouble was to have them work with me on things that I needed to get done. What a precious window of time when they actually want to help. And spending the time together is pricless.
Lori
Feb 05, 2011 Lori added it
I still have this book from my childhood and I still enjoy reading it... now to my daughter, and I hope someday she will read it to hers. (You know, AFTER she graduates from college and gets married, of course.)
Rebecca
Mar 01, 2013 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: sonlight-p3-4
Beautiful illustrations and a nice story of children who help their mom with chores around the house. My children wanted to point out the things that they help me with (but I def don't do that much cleaning each day).
Heather
Apr 28, 2014 Heather rated it it was amazing
I loved this book as a little girl! Such find memories of reading it. My favorite part is the grocery shopping. :) I so want to find a copy for my kids to read now!
Julia
Oct 07, 2010 Julia rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favorite books as a little girl. I couldn't remember the name of it and finally I've found it. I'm going to find a copy to read to my children so they can now learn to help me!
Sweet's Family Bookshelves
Apr 09, 2012 Sweet's Family Bookshelves rated it it was amazing
Such a cute and old fashioned book about all the ways mommy's wish their kids behaved. I absolutely loved the book. My 6 year old though said she was too busy to do all that work!
Mckinley
Jul 26, 2016 Mckinley rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture, must-read, family
I haven't seen a book about helping Mommy that's been in published in the last couple of decades. Which makes this one all the better.
(Part of Eloise Wilkin Stories collection.)
Karen L.
Mar 08, 2012 Karen L. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: toddler-books
Aw, I almost forgot about this sweet book. When my kids were little, they loved this. I relish these old style books with illustrations by Eloise Wilkins!
Emily
Mar 11, 2009 Emily rated it it was amazing
I really like it because it helps me to know how to be kinder to my mom and things I can do to help her.
Sandra Rushlo
Sandra Rushlo rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2016
Tiffany C Smith
Tiffany C Smith rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2015
Hailey Chamberlain
Hailey Chamberlain rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2014
E-jo Barcelo
E-jo Barcelo rated it did not like it
Apr 24, 2014
Pauline Turk
Pauline Turk rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2015
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2015
Scott
Scott rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2014
Judy
Judy rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2015
Paula
Paula rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2015
Roxanne
Roxanne rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2015
♥ Susan
♥ Susan rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2011
Karen Brandt
Karen Brandt rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Pamela
Pamela rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2016
Deborah Garcia
Deborah Garcia rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2015
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2013
Colette Erck
Colette Erck rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
  • Baby Dear (Little Golden Book)
  • Little Mommy
  • Eloise Wilkin Stories
  • Hansel and Gretel
  • We Like Kindergarten
  • The Christmas Story
  • The Three Bears
  • Doctor Dan: The Bandage Man
  • Mister Dog:  The Dog Who Belonged to Himself
  • Peter Spier's Christmas!
  • Maybelle the Cable Car
  • Donald Duck's Toy Sailboat
  • Nurse Nancy
  • Sniffles
  • Pooh Goes Visiting (Carousel Book)
  • The Lonely Doll