Start by marking “Keeker and the Sneaky Pony” as Want to Read:
Keeker and the Sneaky Pony

Keeker and the Sneaky Pony (Sneaky Pony #1)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Meet Catherine Corey Keegan Dana (everyone calls her Keeker). What she wants most of all is a pony.

Meet Plum. Plum is a Shetland pony (who's known to be a teeny bit sneaky). She rarely, if ever, thinks about little girls. She certainly doesn't want one.

When Plum moves to Keeker's farm, Keeker faces the challenge of winning a pony's trust and friendship. And when Plum and

Published March 23rd 2006 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Keeker and the Sneaky Pony, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keeker and the Sneaky Pony

Lissa
I read the first three books of this series aloud to my kids this morning. To normal people, this is a perfectly lovely series about a young girl and her first pony (I have no clue if the pony parts were accurately written but they seem believable).
To a fiction writer and editor..... ACK. Weird POV issues. Every few sentences the point of view changes from the little girl's thoughts to the pony's thoughts. They are both identified as female so everyone is a "her" and it was hard to keep track o
babyhippoface
In this new short-chapter-book series, things aren’t as wonderful as Keeker hoped they would be when she receives the pet she’s always wanted. Shetland pony Plum doesn’t want a little girl. In fact, she thinks Keeker is nosy and annoying. Girl-and-horse stories are plentiful, but Plum is a refreshingly playful and ornery pony who makes this series stand apart. Girls will enjoy the brown pen-and-ink illustrations of the curly-locked, long-lashed, round-eyed characters.
Kasha
I'm giving this book a 4 mostly because of how much my daughter enjoyed reading it. This series is very fun and simple. I first brought home books 4 and 7 from the library. I had just kind of thrown them in with a bunch of the other books and my daughter came out of the room that afternoon asking for the first 3 books in the series. Perfect for girls who are in love with horses!
Kate Hastings
Dec 21, 2013 Kate Hastings rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Grades 1-2
RL 730. Great transitional reader for kids who are beyond henry and mudge but not yet ready for magic treehouse. Also going to be a great series for pony-loving girls. This first book was mostly setting up the story and there wasn't a whole lot of meat... but I think the series as a whole will have great appeal.
Audrey Cutlip
It is a great book for people who do not like to read. It is not long or hard but it is not lame or dumb. I always read it to my dog durring thunder storms. (she is sooo scared of thunder storms.) I love it and read on my spare time because it is a great book. (thats comming from me, i dont like to read.)
Jennie
We're on a search for books that Laurel likes to read that are challenging enough but not too challenging. These are perfect, and they keep her interested. We've got the whole set and are working our way through them.
Grace
Keeker got a pony. Her dad got it for her. But the pony got naughty. But keeker scratched the pony's back for her and then they were friends. I like that store becus that store has pone facts .
Sydney
it is very boring all it is about is this girl gets a pony and the pony runs away in the woods and the pony dosen't like the girl very much.
Maya Dickson
I love this book! I am a horse lover, and this book is great. I have read all the books in the keeker series.
Amy
Short and sweet early chapter book with charming illustrations.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
Keebler rubbed the ponies back with a stick. T.C.
Shannon Jones
47 pages It was an ok book
Melissa
Cute story
Mary
Mar 22, 2008 Mary added it
Recommends it for: horse lovers
This book was good.
Anya
Anya marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Romeokids
Romeokids marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Kay
Kay marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Mary Wagner
Mary Wagner marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Shayna Snyder
Shayna Snyder marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
ME
ME marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Keeker and the Horse Show Show-Off (Sneaky Pony, #2)