Start by marking “Just Annoying (PB)” as Want to Read:
Just Annoying (PB)

Just Annoying (Just series)

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,103 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
Is this the right book for you? Take the Annoying Test and find out.
Published February 9th 2001 by MacMillan UK (first published August 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Just Annoying, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Annoying

Tom Szakal
Sep 27, 2015 Tom Szakal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, so some of the stories are cute and funny, but some are just annoying. Ba-dum-cha!!
S.K. Levy
Mar 30, 2015 S.K. Levy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness if this wasn't the greatest series written for middle grade kids who want to be endlessly entertained then I don't know what is. These books are the most fantastic, imaginative, gross and wonderful stories, not to mention the illustrations! The book is filled with flip pictures, other smaller stories of cartoons across the pages and it is just SO entertaining. I have never laughed so much reading anything in my life, and despite being about twelve or so when I did read them all, I ...more
Nina
Mar 21, 2011 Nina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
The sequel to Just Joking- Just Annoying really lives up to its name. Andy is a boy whose favorite habit is pulling pranks on people or doing anything to just annoy them. I liked the second book much more than the first one.

The stories that I liked were 'Are we there yet?', 'Wish you weren't here', 'Copycat from Ballarat', 'Imaginary friends', 'Would you rather?' and 'The last Jaffa'. That's a whole lot more stories that I liked when compared to the first book, which must say a lot about it.

The
Tracy
Sep 20, 2014 Tracy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am reading this entire series to my children and they are absolutely loving it. Andy is hilarious as a character and my husband has even taken to listening to storytime and is laughing almost as much as the kids are. I must admit that I sometimes struggle not to laugh while reading. My favourite story was 'In the shower with Andy'. I admit I did snort while laughing at this tale. Looking forward to reading the rest of the series. I rate it a 3.5 stars, but am sure it would be closer to 5 if yo ...more
Joe
Oct 28, 2010 Joe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A friend recommended this book to me. When I read Just annoying I thought it was going to be boring with lame jokes and such. But it turns out it was actually hilarious and exciting in some ways. This book is about a kid named andy that is a ten year old who likes to annoy anyone he can, whenever he can. Sometimes his sister, sometimes his friends and sometimes his parents. The way he annoys people makes the whole book a comedy. I think that Andy Griffiths did a fantastic job of getting the read ...more
Tammy
Sep 14, 2015 Tammy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Listened to this while driving 7y.o. Beau from Brisbane to home and then back to his Father. While I was focused on the road I still managed to have a few laughs. Beau had fun over the weekend introducing me to his imaginary friend, who disliked girls, was rude, liked riding bikes and playing with the animals. Over-all this book was a success :)
Nikoleta
Jan 11, 2010 Nikoleta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: grade-8-ir-book
Just Annoying is about Andy Griffiths, who is a prankster. Everybody thinks that he is really annoying (because he annoys them with pranks). He also does all kinds of crazy stuff- Andy jumps from a running motorcycle into his father's car, makes imaginary friends, turns his bathroom into a swimming pool, etc.
During reading this book I made a text-to-world connection. I have seen the series about Andy Griffiths. The show is exactly the same as the book. It's really funny and entertaining.
I gi
Nishi
Sep 16, 2015 Nishi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its a nice book and certainly best book for annoying ones just like me the pics which were on the side were bit funny and the interactive page movie was good overall i found it nice....
Alisha
Jul 08, 2015 Alisha rated it really liked it
Andy Griffiths is an exquisite comedic writer. I'd say these books are more aimed towards young boys, but I found it incredibly hilarious, and well I'm a girl!
Grade 6A
Apr 14, 2016 Grade 6A rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was just like all other Andy Griffiths books, humorous, a little bit inappropriate but over all really good stories.

Yeah no spoilers
Sue Keay
Jul 24, 2015 Sue Keay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm so glad I read this book to my children. I already suspected that they were naturally gifted at being annoying but this book gave them a whole new set of skills to add to their arsenal.
Louisa
Feb 03, 2016 Louisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: annoying
a book full of annoying stories that keep you busy.
Jaz Sinner
Mar 19, 2014 Jaz Sinner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most memorable childhood books were by Andy Griffiths!
Kimberly Ann
This is a easy to read book for boys......

The main character is a young boy who acts in an inappropriate manner and is totally annoying.

There was one story, about the traveling Gnomes that was kind of funny in an eerie way.

Young boys will like it.....

LucasMcConnell17
Aug 30, 2015 LucasMcConnell17 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the book was very funny and wierd
Jackson L
Feb 08, 2015 Jackson L rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun to read
Belinda
Dec 13, 2010 Belinda rated it really liked it
OMG. I read this book ages ago. I don't remember heaps, to be honest, I might've gotten some of the stories muddled up in the other Just books.

What I can say is that: I loved this book. Or well, specifically the whole series. I wanted to read all the books that my school library had, which was quite a lot.

From what I can remember, it's filled with ridiculous scenarios that you can either scrunch your nose at and think how stupid it is, or laugh your ass off, wanting more.

(I'm the latter :))
Beetle13
Oct 09, 2011 Beetle13 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone who needs a laugh
Shelves: own, library, reviewed
It feels odd to rate such a book four stars, but I simply have to. This book is, in a lack of a better word, hilarious. Absolutely hilarious! It is about Andy, who is trying quite hard to annoy his friends, neighbors, parents, sister, pets, and just about anyone who crosses his way. And he's good at it! I have laughed so hard I even started crying. This happened each time I finished this book, and I did so multiple times. This is probably the most hilarious book I ever finished, and that is sayi ...more
Josh
Mar 21, 2014 Josh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
COOL BOOK
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Just Annoying by Andy Griffiths

Andy (Is it coincidence that this book's main character has the same name as the author?) bugs people. His dad. His mom. His sister. Friends. Neighbors. Just about everybody, actually.

I could see this book would be very, very popular among the children at my school. Especially among those who like to annoy others. I suppose I must acquire a copy of it for my school library.

A 1001 CBYMRBYGU.
Tyler
Aug 15, 2008 Tyler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So pretty much (Just Annoying) contains nine short storys in it such as (The Last Jaffa) where Andy, the main charter is at the movies and searchs for the last peace of his favorite candy and gets into all sorts of trouble while trying to find it, but a few of the storys in this book are sort of boring like one where andy does nothing but swing on the close line, but over all I thank that it is a pretty good book.
Nett Uwland
I read this book for the Australian Children's Literature course I am doing, and I found it to be right up the alley of any young boy, aged 10-13. Very funny and full of practical jokes. I would recommend this book to anyone who has a reluctant young son. He will be thoroughly engaged in the book, and it will give him some essential reading practice too.
Patrick Taylor
Andy Griffiths made, quite simply, a creation that differs from a typical mischevious boy to energetic fun. I was quite contented at first, but then I got used to the short narratives' amatuer plots and word use. But overall it was a pleasing book of unique and compelling standards. Unfortunately it wasn't the case in some other of Andy's books.
Amanda
This series was ok, I seemed to like it when I was younger but I cannot enjoy them now. The humour in the story is based on things that are immature so as I have grown up I can no longer appreciate the humour. However the author visited my school when I was in Year 4 and I thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread.
Jordan Bartlett
I think that this wasn't a great book of short stories i liked a few of them but also felt some of them were a bit childish the authors different use of language in different stories was good he used quite a few different language features through out the story
Jock Parsons
this book is really good it hase 9 short storyies in it is the second adition to the searies. my favrote storyie in it is when andy silikans the showere together and tryies to fill the showere up to the top but befor he nows it he is stuck in the shower.
Linda
Aug 21, 2012 Linda rated it really liked it
I laughed plenty more than I thought I would

& since thousands of Aussie kids have been devouring Andy's books for a while now I think he's on to something.....

They'll like the little pictures around the edges done by Terry Denton too.
Tracy Morton
Jul 30, 2013 Tracy Morton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jfic
This series of short stories by Andy Griffiths are hilarious. I did them as read alouds for my grade 4/5 class and the kids loved them. They would beg me to read one more story and wouldn't let me miss a read aloud session.
Rohan
Mar 19, 2013 Rohan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Just Annoying, you will meet a boy called Andy who wants to become the most annoying person in the world. Watch Andy bug his friends, irritate his sister, and drive his parents crazy. This is a great book and very hilarious.
Megan
Nov 21, 2009 Megan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-just-series
As I've said before, these books are...

...AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^w^
  • Quirky Tails (Uncollected)
  • Ash Road
  • The Cuckoo Clock
  • 45 + 47 Stella Street And Everything That Happened (Stella Street, #1)
  • Arizona (Lucky Luke #3)
  • The Swish of the Curtain
  • The School for Cats
  • Just Shocking! (Andy Griffith's Just! Series)
  • Fire, Bed, and Bone
  • La regina dei Caraibi
  • Halinka
  • Marcelino Pan Y Vino
21956
Andy Griffiths is Australia’s most popular children’s writer. He is the author of over 20 books, including nonsense verse, short stories, comic novels and plays. Over the past 15 years Andy’s books have been New York Times bestsellers, won over 50 children’s choice awards, been adapted as a television cartoon series and sold over 5 million copies worldwide.

Andy is best known as the author of the
More about Andy Griffiths...

Just series (9 books)