Start by marking “Laces and Lace (Assassins, #6)” as Want to Read:
Laces and Lace (Assassins, #6)

Laces and Lace (Assassins #6)

4.17  ·  Rating Details ·  3,269 Ratings  ·  289 Reviews
NEW YORKS TIMES AND USA TODAY BEST SELLING AUTHOR TONI ALEO PRESENTS THE NEXT INSTALLMENT IN THE ASSASSINS SERIES

Laces and Lace

Nine years ago, things were perfect. Lacey and Karson had found their happily ever after in each other…or so they thought. How do two people who were meant to be move on from that once-in-a-lifetime love?

Lacey has a strength inside her that come
Published November 7th 2014 by Toni Aleo

Taking Shots by Toni AleoTrying to Score by Toni AleoEmpty Net by Toni AleoThe Deal by Elle KennedySee Jane Score by Rachel Gibson
Best Hockey Romance
221 books — 641 voters
The Deal by Elle KennedyThe Mistake by Elle KennedyAlex by Sawyer BennettPucked by Helena HuntingTaking Shots by Toni Aleo
Hockey Hunks
236 books — 365 voters

More lists with this book...

Christy
4-4.5 stars!

photo f9de6c86-b346-477d-99d5-a66367188eac_zpsba732f0c.jpg
Everyone has that one person who leaves an imprint on their heart.
Earlier this year I read this novella called Tangled in Laces by Toni Aleo and I was hooked on Karson and Lacey’s story. I was dying to find out what happened to these two. I was so excited to finally read Laces and Lace! Toni Aleo has this writing style that I completely adore. Her Assassin’s series is one of those series where every single book has been a winner for me, and this was no exception.

Nine years ago, K
Catarina
4 Generous Stars.

Karson and Lacey were completely in love once. But “circumstances” forced Karson to leave her behind and chase his dreams of becoming a NHL player. He swore that he if had another chance he would never let her go. Now, nine years later, a fateful night gave him his second chance to get her back and this time he actually didn’t let her go. But the problems that set them apart the first time are stronger than ever, and they risk realizing that some things are not always meant to b
Lisa Jayne
FOUR SECOND CHANCE STARS.

"He was worth it. Because he was it. Her forever."

description

Mrs Toni also what did you do to my heart? You took my feelings on a roller coaster ride with this latest Assassins instalment and what a journey. I have to say readers that I thought Toni pulled it out of the bag when it comes to the emotions in this book and of course you don't need to be disappointed because as usual MrsA more than delivers with her trademark off the charts steamy McDreamy loving. Yes once again this
Val ⚓️ Shameless & Bitchy Skanky ⚓️ Steamy Reads Mrs. Danvers-Tate-Snow
Disclaimer: I should preface this "review" by saying that I read this right on the heels of Nine Minutes, which is perhaps my favorite book of 2014. With that said, that might have affected my experience with Laces and Lace. The below review is my current opinion, although perhaps I'll attempt a re-read at a later date. Or perhaps not, you never know...

This is a very, very sad day...DNF @ 30%

description

I honestly can't believe this. I can't believe I am DNF-ing an Aleo hockey romance.

I love Toni Aleo.

I lo
✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 14, 2014 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, sports-jock
I received an ARC via Good Choice Reading in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Don't get me wrong, I liked this one...I did.
*Hence, the 3 star rating which according to goodreads means that I "liked it."*

Karson was AWESOME and I loved everything about him.

BUT! Lacey did have me at a lovehate relationship due to her unstable antics and insecurities.

And don't even get me started on her best friend, Rachel! Seriously, what the heck?! How is she and Lacey even friends in the first place?!

Daphney (Bookish Laurel)
Nov 03, 2014 Daphney (Bookish Laurel) rated it it was amazing
I just received my ARC of Seduced by the game and Finished Tangled in Laces and may I just say NOOOOO!!!! I WANT THIS BOOK ALREADY!!! WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE OUT BY DECEMBER!!! :(((

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!

Review to come!

LOVE IT!!
Anna Banana
Nov 18, 2014 Anna Banana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!

The One That Got Away

Ever since I read Breaking Away I've been dying to get my hands on this book. I love this series so much and it's one that despite everything, I always end up loving.

It's great that the novella of Karson and Lacey's past is included in the beginning of the book because it really helps you see their past and how heart breaking it was. I was seriously crying for them at one point because of the situation they were in.

The book takes place 9 years after the novella.
Polly
Was going to do a full review but my kid has a migraine and I'm exhausted.

To sum it up if you hate the over use of the word "baby" and "I Love You" coupled with insta-re-love and the most annoying naive female lead I've ever read then this book is not for you!

Kath S

JT:

JT and that girl:

The plot:

description

This series is my guilty pleasure and I'll love it forever.

The end.
Kara
Nov 01, 2014 Kara rated it it was amazing

Review to come on BOOK BABES UNITE - BLOG TOUR of LACES & LACE!

Dee
3.5 Stars

This included the prequel Tangled in the Laces so rating both stories together.

Working out what to rate this book took quite a lot of thought, I automatically wanted to give it 5 stars because I loved Karson. I totally understood why he walked away when they were both back in college, he was a young man who only wanted to give his girl the world but had forces against him, yes he shouldn't have given in but he didn't have the wisdom that comes with age.

Karson was still a great charact
Shannon Gorilla McGee Winston
Laces&lace

FOUR STARS

Oh, boy... Toni Aleo... you did it this time. Goodbye Shea Adler, you're not my Book Boyfriend anymore. Karson has you licked.
marryhim

T.A. is really a pro at giving us swoon-worthy heroes. Unfortunately, her heroines usually fall so short of deserving these guys, it can sometimes be worth docking stars. The exception here is Piper from Blue Lines. Piper is Awesome.

When this story opened, I had high hopes for Lacey. Lacey is a breast cancer survivor, talented, driven, smart and sweet. And her
Heather
Oct 24, 2014 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
Toni is a badass. I don't care that Goodreads only gives me an option for 5 stars. I am giving her 10 stars for Laces and Lace!

Holy hotness. Started reading this on my lunch break while hiding out in my car so no one would bother me. I thought I was going to have to roll down my windows because it was getting so hot in there.

Every time Toni comes out with a new book I am convinced it is her best one to date. So don't be surprised when I say THIS is her best book to date!!

How can you n
Sheryl
Nov 12, 2014 Sheryl rated it really liked it
*3.5 stars*

WHAT... THE... $HIT... was going on in this story??!!!

Can someone say DRAMA, MUCH? There were so many DOUCHE'S here, my head was spinning so hard...
Lady E
Nov 11, 2014 Lady E rated it it was amazing
I'm still in my feeli2, review to come.
Diane Lynch
Feb 13, 2015 Diane Lynch rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hockey-romance
After reading Tangled in the Laces (the prequel), I couldn’t wait to read Laces and Lace. I was not disappointed. Toni Aleo’s books continue to be phenomenal.

Laces and Lace took place nine years after Tangled in Laces. Lacey Martin and Karson King are accidentally reunited when they both get inside the same cab in Chicago. Their reunion could have gone in so many directions; I really love the path it took. Lacey and Karson were always meant to be together, but their relationship was sabotaged by
Phowpence
2.5 or 3 stars

Minor spoilers alert.

Assassins Series is one of my favorite series that is about sports. I mean, gorgeous, sweet and insanely hot hockey players? Totally swoon worthy and scorching hot. And like the past books in these series, I totally fell in love with Karson King.

The start of the book was amazing, it was kinda fast but it was good. Even, the evil family is plotting horrible things for Karson and Lacey, I still liked it. But, Lacey's (asshole) dad and her best friend (what a bi
Jackie  Kluyts - Kiwibooknerd
Nov 09, 2014 Jackie Kluyts - Kiwibooknerd rated it really liked it
Shelves: assasins
I feel like this has been the most anticipated book for me as I have been eagerly awaiting it, since I finished the prequel a few months back. I wanted Karson and Lacey's story so bad, so the minute it went live early, I started reading it.

Lets start by saying I love Karson....One of the best Assassin characters yet. He is right up there with Shea as far as I am concerned. I was worried, he would be this total playa in the book and it would take him a while to come around to Lacey again. But no,
Eleanor
May 13, 2015 Eleanor rated it really liked it
Ah another great book in the Assassins Series :) I loved it!

One thing though, Lacey towards the end wrecks my head!Wont saw anymore cause I don't want to get away spoilers!
Three Chicks
Nov 07, 2014 Three Chicks rated it it was amazing
5 Fantastic Stars!

Review by Natasha Gentile

Ok Ladies, here is the scoop. Toni Aleo is either two people 1) Shea Weber in a woman’s body or 2) from outer space. She says she not either, but I haven’t seen anything to sway my mind. I have said it time and time again that no one, not one person writes hockey romances like this lady, and I know, I’m Canadian! Hockey is in our blood, we bleed our team colors. I swear nothing makes my day as much as watching Sports Center in the morning. I also may b
Tasmia
Feb 13, 2015 Tasmia rated it did not like it
I can't believe how people could love this book *jaw dropping* no offense but I never felt so much irritation for such a long period of time in the past 9 or so hours it wasn't even funny!
I don't even understand why I carried on reading! Guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

My only question is ..
How could people be that selfish??

I never thought I'd hate the female lead so much till I read this book!
I believe in always seeing the best in people but I'm not that effing stupid to let my guard down
Save Your Money For Books
Nov 12, 2014 Save Your Money For Books rated it it was amazing
Laces and Lace was everything I had hoped for, and then some! I have been dying to read this story since Tangled in Laces was published in Seduced by the Game, the fundraising anthology -Hockey Fights Cancer. I am pleased to see that the prequel is included with this release and that the Author is donating $1 for every book sold to this wonderful cause.

When Karson was forced to walk away from Lacey years ago it broke him. He's never fully been able to move on and when a chance to make amends pre
Sidney Halston
Nov 06, 2014 Sidney Halston rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying that I LOVE Toni Aleo. Before I was an author, I loved Toni. Now, as an author, I love her more. She's inspirational and ballsy and she's a great storyteller. And now she let's me read her books before everyone else…so I feel honored and kind of cool. ; )

Every time I read one of her books I think to myself: I'm not going to say I love it just because I love Toni as a person because I owe it to her and to her fans (and my fans) to be honest. But damn it--- her books are alw
Debbie
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Lacey drove me NUTS! I was yelling at my tablet telling her to open her freaking eyes and see that her dad was a D-bag...seriously...and do not get me started on Rachel....

Karson was probably the "softest" of all of the hockey players in the series. No real spine until the end when he went to get Lacey back...

I really hope Overtime is about JT and Kacey..if It's not, I will probably not be continuing this series.
Natasha
Nov 09, 2014 Natasha rated it it was amazing
5 Fantastic Stars!

Review by Natasha Gentile

Tina "coffee and books"
Hotness Rating 3 out of 5

Tangled in the Laces was included in this book. It's the prequel to Laces and Lace and provided important background.

For a short story this prequel had it all. A well-written story that gives answers to all of your questions? Definitely yes. Well developed, well-written characters that make you feel everything from hope to hopelessness? Absolutely! A palpable attraction that makes the pages smoke? For sure.

Lacey battled cancer and won. It left her with emotional scars,
Rebecca
Nov 27, 2014 Rebecca rated it really liked it
When I finished the first part of Lacey and Karson's story in Tangled in Laces, I was just as heartbroken as Lacey was. I needed more of their story; I needed them to be okay, and I needed Karson to realize that life is about the choices one makes, and he WAS NOT making the right choice. But my anguished pleas didn't change anything, and I was left to wait for their full story in Laces and Lace.

Nine years...that's how long it's been since Lacey and Karson have set eyes on each other, but while t
K3
Nov 13, 2014 K3 rated it really liked it
Lacey is a survivor. Winning the battle her late mother couldn’t. She came out on top and is now getting her life back on track. Her dream is to design beautiful lingerie for every women no matter their chest size, their hip size, no matter what size they are. Her father Nate is a well-known college hockey coach. Growing up with hockey, she knows to avoid hockey players… that is exactly what they are… players.
Karson knew the moment he laid eyes on his good friend Grady’s sister, he was a goner.
Mary
Nov 30, 2014 Mary rated it really liked it
Shelves: wicked
I read and reviewed this book for Wicked Reads.

The first book I ever read by Toni Aleo was Tangled in the Laces in the Seduced by the Game anthology. Suffice it to say, I've been waiting on this book for a long time. In the meantime, I had to go back and read all of the Assassins books, which I have in ebook and audio. That said, here's my review.

Karson King has never forgotten his first and only love, Lacey Martin. Nine years after leaving her in Chicago, his heart still belongs to her. He
Nikki
Nov 08, 2014 Nikki rated it it was amazing
Toni, Toni, Toni has done it again! I was beyond ecstatic when I received my copy of “Laces and Lace”, book six in Toni’s “Assassin Series”. I am definitely repeating myself when I say this, but this series is a combination of my two loves, hockey and romance reads. This book had it's emotional ups and downs. Certainly it’s fair share of passion, and HOCKEY! I really tried my best to read this book slowly, but once I started I couldn't stop!

This book gave me that feeling of being on a roller co
  • Delay of Game (Portland Storm, #4)
  • Faceoff (Heller Brothers, #2)
  • Goalie Interference (NHL Scorpions, #2)
  • Loving Him Off the Field (Santa Fe Bobcats, #2)
  • Holiday on Ice (Play by Play, #8.5)
  • Hip Check (New York Blades #10)
  • Zack (Cold Fury Hockey, #3)
  • Undefeated (Bomb Squad, #2)
  • Foolish Games (Out of Bounds, #2)
  • Shattered (Extreme Risk, #2)
My name is Toni Aleo and I’m a total dork.

I am a wife, mother of two and a bulldog, and also a hopeless romantic.

I am the biggest Shea Weber fan ever, and can be found during hockey season with my nose pressed against the Bridgestone Arena’s glass, watching my Nashville Predators play!

When my nose isn’t pressed against the glass, I enjoy going to my husband and son’s hockey games, my daughter’s da
More about Toni Aleo...

Assassins (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Taking Shots (Assassins, #1)
  • Trying to Score (Assassins, #2)
  • Empty Net (Assassins, #3)
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #4)
  • Breaking Away (Assassins, #5)
  • Wanting to Forget (Assassins, #6.6)
  • Overtime (Assassins, #7)
  • Rushing the Goal (Assassins, #8)
  • Pucks, Sticks, and Diapers (Assassins Book 8.5)
  • Face-Off at the Altar (Assassins Book 9)

“But don't forget, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and most of them are just full of shit." - Lacey” 1 likes
“can’t sing for shit, but I will pay to have someone sing to you. I don’t dance well, but I’ll do it just for the chance to touch you. I’m not one to listen to guys sing to find the perfect song for a girl, but I did for you. Most of all, I don’t usually pour my heart out to a person in front of a full coffee shop because I’m not that much of a romantic, but for you, I’d do it all. I’d do anything to be with you, and I’ve waited for someone like you my whole life. It’s true, all of it, and I would be the luckiest man in the world if you’d agree to go out on a date with me. Please give me the chance to make you fall for me like I have been falling since the first moment I set eyes on you.” 1 likes