Start by marking “Unbreakable (Able, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unbreakable (Able, #1)

Unbreakable (Able #1)

Jake Oliver, a typical guy, never expected to fall in love with his best friend’s girl. Jake learned to love her from a far, he watched her constantly and supported her endlessly.

Trish Wilson thought she found the love of her life in Dylan, until tragedy struck and fate decided for her when Dylan died in Afghanistan. Will she survive and get over her fear to love again? Wi
Published May 20th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Unbreakable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unbreakable

Melissa
May 30, 2014 Melissa added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 50%

This is a first for me. Usually, once I start a book I can't quit, no matter what. But, there are too many books that I want to read NOW and don't have time for. So, NO MORE making myself miserable with a book I'm not enjoying.

I'm sad to say that this book rubbed me the wrong way from the prologue, but I made the decision to push through, only to be further disappointed. I'm honestly shocked by all of the 5 star ratings and question if people are being truly honest with their reviews.
A complimentary copy provided by the author for Blog Tour

Amazon Buy Link--->> UNBREAKABLE (ABLE SERIES)

~~ 5 "Unbreakable" Stars ~~

The title Unbreakable truly fits this story. The love that Jake and Trisha had was truly put to the test in this book. (In more ways then one).

Being Gigi's debut novel , I thought she did extremely well. This story is beautifully written and well executed. She was able to create a story and characters that you could relate to and couldn't help falling in lo
Kerri McLaughlin
Apr 29, 2014 Kerri McLaughlin rated it it was amazing
I finished this book 2 days ago, and i still cant seem to get my emotions in check. Jake and Trish have taken up residence in my head and heart and they probably wont be leaving anytime soon.

When Gigi asked if I would be willing to read her book i thought sure, why not? I didn't know what to expect, but i certainly wasn't expecting to have my mind blown by a new author with her debut novel. I still don't think that there are enough words to say will do justice to the beauty of the story that Gig
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
5 UNBREAKABLE STARS !!

This book was such a wonderful debut I am so excited to read more from Gigi !!

The prologue starts out pretty simple , Dylan is taking Trish to meet his friends , of course 1 look and 1 touch from Jake and sparks fly , not only for Trish but for Jake.

Fast forward a few years and chapter 1 takes you into Trish's nightmare where you learn that not only has Dylan dies after leaving her to go serve overseas but she lost her father as well. Trish now lives in a duplex with all of
Wanda
Jun 02, 2014 Wanda rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this authors first book!!! The instant attraction between Jake and Trisha even though she was with his best friend. I'm sure this happens to a lot of people and just like the characters they did nothing to act on it. When a tragedy strakes and Jake and Trisha are both open to see each other its still a struggle. Can they be enough for each other? Is it wrong to be together? Having feelings for Jake has nothing to do with the feeling she has/had for Dylan. They really struggle ...more
Charity Foster
Jun 09, 2014 Charity Foster rated it it was amazing
Oh my, where do I even start? This book is so emotional and gripping, that you can’t help but keep reading. The book starts two years in the past with Trish meeting Dylan’s family and friends for the first time. While she is nervous to meet them, she can’t help but to feel some pull toward Jake. Things are great, until Dylan decides to leave the Reserves and go to active duty. He is killed while on deployment and everything changes.
Now, two years later, Jake is ready to make his move. He has
Christina Racich
May 29, 2014 Christina Racich rated it really liked it
Jake and Trish!! LOVED them! What more can I say? Trish lost her fiance in war, and Jake his best friend was there to pick up the pieces. He spent so much time watching Trish from the sidelines and finally had his chance to have the woman that was meant to be his.

Life doesn't work out the way we have planned. EVER. When we finally find things aligning perfectly, there is always a curve ball. Jake and Trish are thrown when Jake gets news that will change their lives and test their love. Trish has
Romance
Aug 02, 2014 Romance rated it it was amazing
Wish I could double that 5 star rating.

This book was phenomenal.

I always heard, write what you know. When you know what you are writing you will be able to capture your audience.

Gigi Aceves did just that. I won't lie it took me a few days to read it. It wasn't because I didn't like it or was boring. In the contrary, this book did not deserve to be a quick read and a race to the finish. Not that those books are bad. But this book honestly touched me. It made me think. I felt for the characters. T
Jamie
Jul 27, 2014 Jamie rated it it was amazing
Where do I start. I know this is Gigi Aceves Author first book but what an awesome, amazing, fabulous, wonderful book she gave us. I was and am very excited for this story. Trish met Dylan at her father's firing range and became a couple. When the time came in their relationship where he (Dylan) wanted her to meet his family and closest friends ( like his brothers and sisters ) at this get together that is when she meets Jake, she had an instant attraction / feeling that didn't even come close ...more
Glenn-angie Davis
Jun 01, 2014 Glenn-angie Davis rated it it was amazing
This book is about love, hope, faith, and courage. Trish thought she had found the love her life in Dylan. Jake knew the moment he saw Trish she was different than any other woman he had met. Jake fell in love with Trish from afar. When Dylan was killed in Afghanistan, things changed for Jake and Trish. Their friendship grew to more.

When they thought they had their happily ever after, life threw them another curve ball. Is the love they have strong enough to get them through the fight of their l
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
Jul 10, 2014 BooksandBeyondFiftyShades rated it it was amazing
Meet Tricia (Trish) a young woman with a hunger for life, being in a relationship with Dylan, she was a happy woman. But deep down in her heart she knew he was not the one. When life takes Dylan away from her, while being deployed in Afghanistan, she thought her life was over, she was afraid to fall in love and lose that person. Deep in her dark days after loosing her boyfriend and father, Trish had her friends to help her stay alive.

Jake was Dylan's best-friend and knowing that he had a crush o
Heather
May 23, 2014 Heather rated it it was amazing
No one wants to go through life having lost someone, especially your significant other, to then turn around and open your heart to another and you come close to it happening again. One can only take so much right? I really liked that this was and POV between the two main characters, if it was just one sided, with dealing with something as serious and cancer, I think it would have been too emotional if it was left one sided. Having that POV balance worked for this story, getting Jakes thoughts ...more
Heather Way
May 21, 2014 Heather Way rated it it was amazing
From Sexyways of Reading~This starts off With Dylan taking Tricia to meet his Best Friend & Family. That was just the prologue. Jake (dylan's best friend) is instantly attracted. But as a good friend he keeps his distance. Then The book Starts .. Trisha wakes up from a nightmare.Because her boyfriend Dylan had died the year prior. She is still having problems deciding if she should move on.
Jake has been in love with Trisha for as long as they have known each other. He is super jealous every
Danielle from Short and Sassy

Unbreakable is the perfect title for this book. Jake and Trish have been through a lot. I mean a lot. They have both lost someone close to the. Jake lost his best friend and Trish lost her boyfriend in Afghanistan. They have each other to get throughout the loss. But even before, Jake had a crush on his best friends girl. He knew nothing could come of it, but he left as though Trish felt something too.

Now, time has past and these two can not deny their feelings for each other. As much as they tr
Kay Sharpe
May 24, 2014 Kay Sharpe rated it it was amazing
OMG I loved this one. Hawt men alert!!! I wanna a Jake an I wanna a Cody an I wanna Bri too!!!

Jake had me blahrting great big fat tears down my cheeks, even I would have played tonsil tennis with him just for a smile!

Cody made my pants wet! This one is so comical an I can't wait for his story. Go get your lady Cody i wanna hear all about them hawt moments

Bri made me feel safe an secure a big safe sexy softy

Told ya 3 hawt men!

Well done crazy lady now get off Facebook an get writing cos I'm bitc
Carron Scott
May 31, 2014 Carron Scott rated it it was amazing
omg, this book just has so much going for it. This is the author's first book and wow what a first. I found it so emotional at times I found it hard to read for tears. This really did touch my heart and some times I felt the actual squeeze. I never wanted to put the book down and to be honest reread it a few days after finishing it the first time. The characters are so good I can't wait to read more about Cody and Rox. However for me this book gave me Jake and Trish and their story is beautiful ...more
Stephanie
May 26, 2014 Stephanie rated it liked it
Nancy Metsch
Jun 20, 2014 Nancy Metsch rated it it was amazing
I am so proud of Gigi.
Trish Wilson was in love with Dylan. Then one night Trish is introduced to Dylan's best friends She meets Jake Olivier her soulmate
Dylan is deployed to Afghanistan and her world is turned upside down. Thank G-d for Jake.
This story was beautiful, crazy , sad and funny as hell
Cherie
May 28, 2014 Cherie rated it it was amazing
Gigi did an amazing job!! Can't wait for the next one.
I will admit I was having a hard time staying focused at the beginning of the book but once I got to about 30% I couldn't put it down. In the beginning of the book I had a hard time loving Trish she was so jealous but the more I read the more I loved her. I look forward to where the next book takes us!
Lori Perreira peixoto
May 25, 2014 Lori Perreira peixoto rated it it was amazing
Loved Jake and Trisha's story it was one from the heart and true to life. Oh the tears and the laughter. But oh the tears were the best it was cleansing in a way.

Roxy and Cody. Really get your stuff together. Roxy is the glue and she makes me giggle. Love her. Cody & B well let's just say oh lala.

Loved this from the start couldn't put it down.
Amber
Sep 03, 2014 Amber rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Oh my! Must have tissue box with this one!

I am in love! I was so not expecting that left curve but I am in love with the characters and can't wait to read the next in the series! It's a must read for sure!
Jenifer Coverdale
Jun 07, 2014 Jenifer Coverdale rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness what a fantastic first book!!! I loved Dylan but fell head over hills for Jake! This book made me laugh and cry and then cry a little more happy tears! This is a must read!!! I stayed up all night reading it..... And I can't wait until the next one:)
Jules Batemen
Aug 12, 2014 Jules Batemen rated it it was amazing
Once I started I couldn't put it down. The storyline is very unique to me, the characters are well developed and hilarious as ever. An emotional read but worth it. Can't wait for the rest of the series to come out!!!
Kara Hull
May 27, 2014 Kara Hull rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I laughed I ugly cried & all the emotions in between which makes the best books! Ready for more!
Pam
Jun 04, 2014 Pam rated it it was amazing
I had trouble putting it down. I went from mad and pissed to sad and hopeful to happy and excited. If only everyone had a support team like Jake and Trish. Can not wait for the next one.
Amanda
Jun 08, 2014 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Words can't express how much I love this book! It was emotional and I ugly cried several times. A definite must read!!!
Three Chicks
Dec 08, 2014 Three Chicks rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Review by Allison East

Unbreakable is the first novel in Gigi Aceves' Able series. It's the story of Jake and Trish. It's got an element of insta-love, which I have no problem with. But there is kind of a problem here!! Trish is dating Jake's best friend, Dylan.

Fast forward, Dylan has been killed overseas- and Jake's crush has turned full blown into love scenario. Trish actually feels the same way- but because she never got to say goodbye to Jake she is having trouble facing the fact sh
Penny
Apr 15, 2015 Penny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW The Gauntlet of Unbreakable Emotions

You would never really expect this kind of a book to come from a first-time author. Bravo Gigi Aceves!!!! It was funny, and heart wrenching. It was so special and frustrating it was just a gauntlet of emotions. I can't wait to see what's in store for the next two novels.

This book really does have it all love, friends, comedy, suspense, strength, faith, fight and courage it really is an emotional roller coaster ride. This book is so emotionally gripping.
Lesli
May 03, 2014 Lesli rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gigi-aceves
Wow, what can I say but WOW. I was so happy when Gigi asked me to read her first book. I was not prepared how emotional it would be. I am talking a full box of tissues here.

I have to say that Gigi was able to convey every emotion of every character that you read about. You can not tell that this is her first novel. It was written like she had several books under her belt.

Jake and Trish are meant for each other but they have a fight and huge hurdles to cross before they can be together. There a
wendy Shelton
Mar 23, 2015 wendy Shelton rated it it was amazing
* * ARC given on behalf of obsessed by books for an honest review * *
OMG can we say grab the tissues, this book is AMAZING.
Trish has amazing guy in her life, Dylan his perfect and he is finally introducing Trish to his family of friends. They all accept her and treat her like family, but one person is special Jake it's there the spark but what do you do. Jake knew as soon as he seen her, shook her hand that she was the one but how could she be when she's his best friend girl. when Trish suffer
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Pulled Within (The Bar Harbor Series Book 2)
  • One Night with a Cowboy (Paint River Ranch, #2)
  • Salvage Book One
  • Totaled (Totaled, #1)
  • Revive Me
  • A Fighting Chance (Running Into Love, #4)
  • Infinitely (Infinite Love Duet, #1)
  • Vision of Hope (Infinity, #3)
  • Only You
  • Belong (Seven Year Itch, #3)
  • Fearing Regret
  • See Through Me (Lose My Senses, #1)
  • Stripped Raw
  • Illusion
  • At Your Beck & Call
  • The Dance
  • Raven (Fight or Flight, #1)
  • Out of Focus (Chosen Paths, #2)

I’m a middle child, and no, I don’t suffer from the middle child syndrome. According to my parents, I’m the craziest, and I think, my husband and children agree with them.

Besides the births of my two children, my husband’s successful transplant is one of the most memorable moments of my crazy life! After dealing with two bouts of cancer, my husband served as an inspiration to me and my children.
More about Gigi Aceves...

Able (4 books)
  • Unmistakable (Able, #2)
  • Unforgettable (Able, #3)
  • Unshakable (Able, #4)