Start by marking “Ripley's Believe It or Not! Encyclopedia of the Bizarre: Amazing, Strange, Inexplicable, Weird and All True!” as Want to Read:

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Black Dog & Leventhal’s bestselling Encyclopedia of the Bizarre is now available in a handier, more reasonably priced edition that retains every word and image of the original. From stupefying stunts to wacky world’s records, all of Ripley’s riveting findings are here, in an easy-to-browse, impossible-to-put-down color volume.

Where else could you learn that:

• It’s es
Published October 1st 2005 by Black Dog & Leventhal Publishers (first published May 6th 2002)

Be the first to ask a question about Ripley's Believe It or Not! Encyclopedia of the Bizarre

Amber Thompson
Mooney, Julie, & Ripley's Believe It or Not. (2005). Ripley's Believe It or Not! Encyclopedia of the Bizarre. Bt Bound.

Citation created by- Amber Thompson

Call Number- 031

Description- 496 pages, paperback, color pictures

Content Scope- Black Dog & Leventhal’s bestselling Encyclopedia of the Bizarre is now available in a handier, more reasonably priced edition that retains every word and image of the original. From stupefying stunts to wacky world’s records, all of Ripley’s riveting finding
Eva Leger
I can't read this. I want to but it's so heavy and awkward that it's hard to carry around, not comfortable even to sit and page through, etc. There are so many facts on each page it's tedious.
I don't have any suggestions but if this were done differently I think it's possible a huge difference could be made. The facts interest me, very much so, but it's just too much work and the fun is taken out of it. :(
I'm giving it two stars because it's not a bad book by any means, it's actually really co
Sam Lovelace
I read all of these I could get my hands on as a kid. I still love to read "trivia" and use it for story or art ideas, research spring-points, or just to be a walking library for friends and family. Great series. Kids and adults love them, and a good way to help people consider the differences in and similarities of people, cultures and creatures all over the world.
S.
This book is weird, fun and indeed occassionally unbelievable. I got it for the kids but we have spent many an hour lounging around gaping at the pictures and stories. Great for entertaining awkward visitors, too.
Molly
Sometimes interesting, sometimes gross, sometimes poorly researched (Ripley's has begun many urban legends that refuse to die).[return]It's still a good read; just verify your own research before quoting it!
Vineet
My Childhood's fav book. Used to read a few pages, get scared, sleep fitfully.... repeat next day !!
PWRL
Jan 31, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
A
Ella
Ella marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Abhas5 Bhardwaj
Abhas5 Bhardwaj marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Kaycee
Kaycee marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
David Curran
David Curran marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Anthropology Buff
Anthropology Buff marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013