Start by marking “Special Delivery” as Want to Read:
Special Delivery

Special Delivery

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Free flowers every month for a year! Recently widowed Amy was delighted to find that she had won. Flowers have always been a big part of her life. But delivery driver Dave brings more than just bouquets. Can he help Amy find happiness again? Will Amy get even more than she bargained for?
ebook
Published June 11th 2011 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Special Delivery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Special Delivery

Lady Raven RAVE!
This was a very very very short read but also very cute. Amy was delighted to know she has won flowers to be delivered once a month for a year. It came at a time when she lost her husband so they did cheer her up. Dave delivers the flowers to Amy each month; he also looks forward to seeing her. As time goes on Amy and Dave enjoys each others company until the last month of her delivery. At the end of the delivery period Amy discovers a secret.

This was so cute, I would probably read this each tim
Darcysmom
A wonderful, fully realized short story. Amy is a young widow trying to find her way. Dave delivers a boquet of flowers to her each month. Slowly, a connection builds. Can they find love? Sit down with a cup of tea and savor this short story.
Uvi Poznansky
A few months after the untimely death of her husband, Mike, the first lower delivery inexplicably arrives at the door of his grieving widow. “Seeing the bouquet for the first time took me by surprise and brought back fond memories of Mike proposing at a quaint picnic spot near a fountain surrounded by flowers.”

I truly appreciate how the author weaves this story. Its brief scope is deceivingly simple. Lia Fairchild does it with the honest tone of a first-person narration, and with a skillful, te
Melyssa Winchester
This popped up in my goodreads feed and two things sold it in the review I read. It was a romance and it was short. Normally I like my romances longer, developing over time, but this one changed my mind.
Special Delivery is just beautiful. I'm sure some would say it's predictable, but so what? I think reading this and what I hoped to be the case and having it actually happen made me love it even more. So predictable maybe, but done oh-so-right. It was magical. Beautiful and man, what woman in th
Rute Canhoto
“Special Delivery”, de Lia Fairchild, é adorável. Trata-se de uma pequena história que aborda questões como a continuação da vida após a perda de um ente querido. Ultrapassar essa dor por vezes é complicado, mas a personagem Amy Johnson irá conseguir fazê-lo através das flores. A verdade é que não são apenas as flores que a trazem de volta à vida e ao campo dos sentimentos, mas também Dave, o homem das entregas. Se fosse uma história um pouco mais longa, creio que teria resultado na perfeição e ...more
Donna Brown
Special Delivery is a touching short story by Lia Fairchild about a widow who finds that in the year following her husband’s death her life remains full of the flowers he so often presented her with. Amy wins a competition to have a bouquet delivered every month for a year and – in the aftermath of her husband’s untimely death – finds comfort in the regular deliveries, not only in the form of the flowers but also in caring delivery man Dave.

The story intersects the point at which Amy’s year of f
Read, Run, Ramble
I read two books by Lia this February and both were GREAT choices for Feb/Valentine reads!

This story is fun, sweet, touching, and short - what more could a reader want from a romantic, short story?

Something that equally struck and impressed me while reading this story is the ability of a romance writer to take something different, something that in real life might even seem weird and make it romantic and cute. Lia does that in this story and I think it takes a talented writer and great imaginati
Dawn Cripps
I Love Books Review

if your looking for a quick sweet read then look no further. It took me only about twenty minutes to finish this short story. It would be perfect for reading while waiting at a doctor's office or on a lunch break or just a quick read before bed. Lia write such sweet wonderful stories and I just loved her full length book In Search of Lucy. If you like clean love stories than Lia is the perfect author for you.
aobibliophile™
Flowers seem intended for the solace of ordinary humanity. - John Ruskin

Special Delivery is about a 39-year old woman coming to terms with the death of her husband and entertaining the possibility of welcoming someone new in her life.
this short story by Lia Fairchild is sweet and poignant with a surprise twist at the end! i loved it!
Shirley Worley
This was a delightful and heartwarming short love story. Make that - a very short love story, and I actually wanted it to continue. Love the characters and the gentle way the author drew you into the emotional framework of the story in such a short amount of time. I would definitely recommend!
Ryan Ringbloom
This was a perfect Saturday afternoon read! I love a sweet romantic read and I'm a big fan of short stories... This was a quick, feel good read that I thoroughly enjoyed! Can't wait to read more from this author!
Ey
This is such a beautiful and touching story. Exactly what romance should be. Sweet, melting chocolate, where's my Kleenex kinda love story. What a daydream. I really enjoyed it.
Norma
Cute

This is a sweet, clean short romance. I really enjoyed the story. I highly recommend this book to all who live good, clean romance.
Marnie
This was a cute novel. Very short, would have enjoyed even more if the author would have made longer. Romantic
SheLove2Read
Short story. Very sweet and romantic for the length. Left me with a smile on my face.
Karen
This was such a sweet short story. It made me smile.
Lillie
Aug 15, 2011 Jaime rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
Short & sweet.
Lauren
Interesting concept, reminded me of PS I Love You. The story is about a widow who enjoys flowers and won a contest she never entered for free flowers. in the end it was a little creepy to me.
Andrea
Very short read on my Kindle. Also VERY predictable.
Renee
Renee marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
JENETTA JAMES
JENETTA JAMES is currently reading it
Mar 13, 2015
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Bernadette Bartling
Bernadette Bartling marked it as to-read
Marlene Moore
Marlene Moore marked it as to-read
Brandon Joslin
Brandon Joslin is currently reading it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
StoryStar Story of the Week 1 4 Jul 04, 2011 05:57PM
Free Short Story 1 2 Jun 25, 2011 02:09PM
  • Gypsy Bond
  • Restore My Heart (Mustang Sally Trilogy #1)
  • Texas Hold Him
  • Ship of Dreams
  • On the Run
  • I'll Be There (Angel Ridge, #4)
  • The Warlock's Daughter
  • George & the Virgin
  • Ana Martin
  • Sweet Baklava
  • Celtic Skies (Celtic Steel, #3)
  • The Tempest: A Gisborne Novel
  • Waiting on Hope
  • Siren Song (Siren Song, #1)
  • A Knight in Central Park
  • Oh, That I Had Wings
  • The Italian's Blackmailed Mistress
  • Hawks Mountain
Bestselling author, Lia Fairchild, is both a traditionally published and independent author who writes women's fiction, romance, and chick lit. Fans of her books praise her endearing, real characters who come to life in stories that will touch your heart. Her latest venture is a dark romance, due out in May.

Fairchild is addicted to the warmth of Southern California and holds a bachelor's degree i
More about Lia Fairchild...
In Search of Lucy Emma vs. the Tech Guy Circle in the Sand A Hint of Murder VigilAnnie