Start by marking “Saint Francis Sings to Brother Sun: A Celebration of His Kinship with Nature” as Want to Read:
Saint Francis Sings to Brother Sun: A Celebration of His Kinship with Nature

Saint Francis Sings to Brother Sun: A Celebration of His Kinship with Nature

From Karen Pandell and Bijou Le Tord comes an ode to Saint Francis's connection with nature that transcends culture and faith — an inspiration for all time and all people.

Sing praises to all Your creatures,
And above all to Brother Sun,
Who gives us the day as He enlightens us.
-From Saint Francis's "The Canticle of Brother Sun"

More than eight hundred years ago, a once-privi

Published November 8th 2005 by Candlewick

To ask other readers questions about Saint Francis Sings to Brother Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saint Francis Sings to Brother Sun

C
Dec 15, 2008 C rated it really liked it
Nice little stories of St. Francis' life, and nice soft illustrations. His life is a really odd story, and interesting because it is kind of bizarre. I guess that's why the story is appealing--he makes you re-think, at least a little, animal-human and human-human relationships. One of those books adults tend to like more than the children they read them to, I think.We used this for several weeks as the last book that always put the 8 year old to to sleep.
Amy
Apr 06, 2013 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: history-for-kids
Story of the World, Vol. II
Medieval History

I thought that the layout of this book, (stories interspersed with the canticle of the sun) was awkward and the illustrations didn't engage my daughter -- but the way the stories/legends of his life were told were quite good.
Mark Luongo
Apr 13, 2012 Mark Luongo rated it really liked it
Beautiful book.
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2008
Katherine Willis Pershey
Katherine Willis Pershey marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2008
Oliver
Oliver added it
Feb 22, 2010
Audrey Mcelravy
Audrey Mcelravy marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2011
Ellie
Ellie added it
Jul 17, 2016
KAREN PANDELL is the author of the first book about this elusive dachshund, WHERE'S STRETCH?, as well as I LOVE YOU BABY, FROM HEAD TO TOE! and SAINT FRANCIS SINGS TO BROTHER SUN. She has also written several other books for children, including I LOVE YOU, SUN/I LOVE YOU, MOON, illustrated by Tomie dePaola.
More about Karen Pandell...