Start by marking “The Sheikh's Ransomed Bride (Modern Romance, #656)” as Want to Read:
The Sheikh's Ransomed Bride (Modern Romance, #656)

The Sheikh's Ransomed Bride (Modern Romance, #656)

3.66  ·  Rating Details  ·  195 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews

Kidnapped by rebels, Belle Winters discovers her rescuer is Rafiq al Akhtar, Sovereign Prince of the desert kingdom of Q'roum. Whisked away to his exotic palace, Rafiq expects her to show her gratitude--by marrying him!

Rafiq demands Belle perform all her royal duties--both in public and in private. Soon she succumbs to the sultry heat of the desert and to Rafiq's seduction

Published April 2007 by Harlequin Mills & Boon (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Sheikh's Ransomed Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sheikh's Ransomed Bride

Jacqueline
This was a pleasant read. I liked the first half better than the second half because in the second half the heroine was a bit of a ninny. In the first half I particularly enjoyed that she managed to hide her thoughts when she was sitting there thinking how hot he was. He perceived her reactions as if she was upset about how she had been treated during her kidnapping and stressful reactions now that it was over.

The hero was a super nice guy and was never at all mean to her. He basically knew he
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
This book had a really good adventure story line, passion, and two likable characters. You wanted them to find happiness together. This is a book that reminds a long-term romance reader who feels that she is getting burned out, why she should keep reading romance. If you like Sheikh books, you should read this book.
Wendy,  Lady Evelyn Quince
I don't usually enjoy Sheikh books, but the hero, Rafiq, in Annie West's "The Sheikh's Ransomed Bride” was a dream! This one starts out wonderfully with an action packed beginning as the hero saves the heroine from being held captive.

After rescuing Belle from the hostage situation, he marries her only to save political face, or so she thinks.

There's a terrorist on the loose to add to the drama, but he's only in the background. The real plot is based on Belle’s apprehension about sleeping with he
~E~ Riverina Romantics
Aug 04, 2011 ~E~ Riverina Romantics rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sheikh

I haven't read a Harlequin book in probably years, but had a huge craving for a sweet Sheikh romance and this quenched the thirst nicely.

It was exactly what I find typical of a Harlequin romance, sweet, easy to read and almost always leaves me with the nice fuzzy feeling (and hopefully good dreams).

I loved this story and it has reignited my love of all things 'Sheikh'. I really have to get me one of those.
Dee

I really enjoyed the beginning of this book and thought it had loads of potential. I only wished the second half was a fast paced and interesting as the first half.

Despite this still a decent read!
Leona
Mar 12, 2012 Leona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book, love Annie West. A great read...where the Hero and heroine are wonderful.
RomReader *Spoiler Giver*
Kidnapped marine archaelogist heroine & her work partner are rescued by sheikh Hero & his assistant while the ransom (a famous & valuable bridal necklace belonging to the Sheikh's family) was being paid. To hide the disappearance of the bridal necklace in & maintain people's sense of national security, Hero proposes marriage to heroine. Heroine accepts but with unspoken misgivings about Hero marrying her only for duty & not for love. Hero has his work cut out from him in maki ...more
Jess
Caretaking instead of overbearing alpha. Heroine who will (theoretically) keep her career. Marriage of convenience.

Good times!
Baseballmom
Nov 28, 2014 Baseballmom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What's Not To Love............d:)

A swashbuckling romantic story and I loved it! The h was educated, strong and feisty, I liked how she handled herself when in a tough spot. The H was definitely the star for me; alpha male, prince, warrior and protector; he knew what he wanted and pursued it. You knew early on he really liked the h and, in true pirate fashion, he wanted to make her his. He'll make you want a sexy pirate prince of your very own. It's light, fluffy and a real gem..........d;)
Roub
Feb 01, 2015 Roub rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
it's not dat bad but i guess too much deja vu! like the sheikh took one glance at belle and whisked her away to his palace. he then persuaded her to wed him when logically, he cud have courted her and seduced her!like a normal man. it bored me.
Janie
Rating: 1 star.

If only the heroine was the type I liked. MEH.
Tania
Jan 07, 2011 Tania rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookcrossing
book 3 of 2011 - aim for 133 books for the year ...
Ririn
Aku baca dalam versi bahasa inggrisnya.NIH
Christelle
Aug 19, 2015 Christelle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Histoire sans intérêt
Sherri
Sherri rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2016
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Serlina
Serlina rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Indrarajah
Indrarajah marked it as to-read
Lisieken
Lisieken rated it liked it
Natlie Maples
Natlie Maples marked it as to-read
Aina1996
Aina1996 marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Grace
Grace rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2016
Rachael Albert
Rachael Albert rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Elisabeth Orfanidis
Elisabeth Orfanidis marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Beatrice Tan
Beatrice Tan marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Angelina Morales
Angelina Morales marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Lynne
Lynne rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2016
  • Stolen by the Sheikh
  • In The Sheikh's Marriage Bed
  • Love-Slave to the Sheikh
  • The Sheikh's Blackmailed Mistress (Sheikh's Arabian Nights #6)
  • The Sheikh's Defiant Bride (Sheikh Tycoons, #1)
  • The Desert Lord's Bride (Throne of Judar, #2)
  • The Sultan's Bought Bride  (Princess Brides, #1)
  • The Sheikh's Forbidden Virgin (The Royal House of Karedes #4)
  • Breaking the Sheikh's Rules
  • The Sheikh's Unwilling Wife
  • The Sheikh's Bartered Bride (Royal Brides, #1)
  • An Arabian Marriage (Sister Brides, #1)
  • Desert King, Pregnant Mistress (Bought for Her Baby) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #18)
  • Sheikh with Benefits

USA Today Bestselling author Annie West loves writing passionate, intense love stories. She has devoted her life to an in depth study of tall, dark, charismatic heroes who cause the best kind of trouble in the lives of their heroines. Creating heroines who are a perfect mat
More about Annie West...