The Sheikh's Ransomed Bride (Modern Romance, #656)

The Sheikh's Ransomed Bride (Surrender To The Sheikh #13)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  177 ratings  ·  12 reviews

Kidnapped by rebels, Belle Winters discovers her rescuer is Rafiq al Akhtar, Sovereign Prince of the desert kingdom of Q'roum. Whisked away to his exotic palace, Rafiq expects her to show her gratitude--by marrying him!

Rafiq demands Belle perform all her royal duties--both in public and in private. Soon she succumbs to the sultry heat of the desert and to Rafiq's seduction

Published April 2007 by Harlequin Mills & Boon (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Sheikh's Ransomed Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sheikh's Ransomed Bride

Jacqueline
This was a pleasant read. I liked the first half better than the second half because in the second half the heroine was a bit of a ninny. In the first half I particularly enjoyed that she managed to hide her thoughts when she was sitting there thinking how hot he was. He perceived her reactions as if she was upset about how she had been treated during her kidnapping and stressful reactions now that it was over.

The hero was a super nice guy and was never at all mean to her. He basically knew he...more
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
This book had a really good adventure story line, passion, and two likable characters. You wanted them to find happiness together. This is a book that reminds a long-term romance reader who feels that she is getting burned out, why she should keep reading romance. If you like Sheikh books, you should read this book.
Wendy,  Lady Evelyn Quince
I don't usually enjoy Sheikh books, but the hero, Rafiq, in Annie West's "The Sheikh's Ransomed Bride” was a dream! This one starts out wonderfully with an action packed beginning as the hero saves the heroine from being held captive.

After rescuing Belle from the hostage situation, he marries her only to save political face, or so she thinks.

There's a terrorist on the loose to add to the drama, but he's only in the background. The real plot is based on Belle’s apprehension about sleeping with he...more
~J~ Riverina Romantics

I haven't read a Harlequin book in probably years, but had a huge craving for a sweet Sheikh romance and this quenched the thirst nicely.

It was exactly what I find typical of a Harlequin romance, sweet, easy to read and almost always leaves me with the nice fuzzy feeling (and hopefully good dreams).

I loved this story and it has reignited my love of all things 'Sheikh'. I really have to get me one of those.
Dee

I really enjoyed the beginning of this book and thought it had loads of potential. I only wished the second half was a fast paced and interesting as the first half.

Despite this still a decent read!
Leona
Loved this book, love Annie West. A great read...where the Hero and heroine are wonderful.
RomReader
Kidnapped marine archaelogist heroine & her work partner are rescued by sheikh Hero & his assistant while the ransom (a famous & valuable bridal necklace belonging to the Sheikh's family) was being paid. To hide the disappearance of the bridal necklace in & maintain people's sense of national security, Hero proposes marriage to heroine. Heroine accepts but with unspoken misgivings about Hero marrying her only for duty & not for love. Hero has his work cut out from him in maki...more
Starbubbles
Yay!!
Please imagine a girly clap to go along with that as well.
I really liked it, for some reason. There was danger, gems, a sexy pirate...
hahah! I couldn't write that without laughing. But it really did have those things. It restores my faith in me liking romance stories.
C.
OMG, why didn't I know there were manga editions of Harlequin romances? H., I have a new and instantaneous addiction.
Tania
book 3 of 2011 - aim for 133 books for the year ...
Ririn
Aku baca dalam versi bahasa inggrisnya.NIH
Madingi
Madingi marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Cherosa Sealey
Cherosa Sealey marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Chelle
Chelle marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Liz Beth
Liz Beth marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Husna Shakirah
Husna Shakirah marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Sasti
Sasti marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Aries Caaamino
Aries Caaamino marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Edeliz Bering
Edeliz Bering marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Elle47
Elle47 marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Jill
Jill added it
Aug 14, 2014
Nurun
Nurun marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
  • Stolen by the Sheikh
  • The Sheikh's Forbidden Virgin (The Royal House of Karedes #4)
  • In The Sheikh's Marriage Bed (Harlequin Presents, #2453)
  • The Sultan's Choice
  • Possessed by the Sheikh (Sheikh's Arabian Nights #3)
  • The Desert Sheikh's Captive Wife (The Rich, the Ruthless and the Really Handsome, #1) (Harlequin Presents, #2692)
  • The Desert Lord's Baby  (Throne of Judar #1)
  • The Greek Billionaire's Innocent Princess (The Royal House of Karedes #5)
  • The Inherited Bride
  • The Italian's Future Bride
  • Strangers in the Desert (The Al Dhakir Brothers #1)
  • Hired: The Sheikh's Secretary Mistress (Royal Brides, #8)
  • Reckless Conduct
  • His Majesty's Mistake

USA Today Bestselling author Annie West loves writing passionate, intense love stories. She has devoted her life to an in depth study of tall, dark, charismatic heroes who cause the best kind of trouble in the lives of their heroines. Creating heroines who are a perfect mat...more
More about Annie West...
The Desert King's Pregnant Bride (Unexpected Babies) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #50) Prince of Scandal Imprisoned by a Vow The Greek Tycoon's Unexpected Wife (In the Greek Tycoon's Bed) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #6) Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives #3)