Start by marking “The Brazilian's Blackmail Bargain (Modern Romance) (Modern Romance)” as Want to Read:
The Brazilian's Blackmail Bargain (Modern Romance) (Modern Romance)

The Brazilian's Blackmail Bargain (Modern Romance) (Bedded by Blackmail)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  231 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Six months ago Brazilian tycoon Caleb Cameron thought he'd uncovered Maggie Holland's plot to ruin him—using seduction! But Maggie was being manipulated by her stepfather. She'd fallen in love with Caleb—but he vowed never to see her again. After her stepfather dies, Maggie is left with nothing. Now, to complete his revenge, Caleb makes an offer Maggie can't refuse: but sh ...more
Published May 4th 2007 by Harlequin Mills & Boon (first published March 2007)

Be the first to ask a question about The Brazilian's Blackmail Bargain (Modern Romance)

willaful
As a Harlequin Presents fan, I’ll sometimes find myself thinking, “I crave a story about an alpha guy who thinks the innocent heroine is a gold-digging whore and then feels terrible when he finds out he’s wrong... but I don’t want to read the same old crap.” If you find yourself in a similarly schizophrenic mood, here’s a great story to try. The basic plot is very much the classic formula, but it has a verve that hits me in all the right places. This is one of those books I’m often drawn to rere ...more
AgentScully
what I liked
- the writing, was smooth and flowed well
- lots of angst but didn't bog down into endless inner monologues
- good dialogue, not hateful bickerfests
- hero, didn't descend into jerkdom and couldn't help treating heroine sweetly at times
- heroine, wasn't TSTL but bit too self-sacrificing
- very steamy for a HP
- no virginity-as-proof-of-innocence or oops-pregnancy tropes
- the ending

what I didn't like
- spineless mother who wouldn't divorce abusive hubs even though she had million
Saly
Thanks to seton for recommending this, I really enjoyed it. The book starts of with Maggie and her mother celebrating that her abusive step-father is dead and they are finally free, then they get the news that their beloved house that belonged to them is no longer theirs, the step-father lost everything. The new owner is the hero Caleb, with whom Maggie has a history. Six months before Maggie was threatened by her step-father to deceive Caleb. Hence, begins the story and the blackmail, Maggie wa ...more
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
Abby Green has written a sizzling and emotional story about revenge tied up in a relationship built on unrequited lust turned to love. Caleb Cameron has Maggie all wrong. He thinks that her bid to seduce him was a coldhearted action designed to cheat Caleb in the favor of Maggie's stepfather. The truth is Maggie had to act on a genuine attraction she had to Caleb or her mother would suffer the consequences. In the end, it backfires, and their tryst is unconsummated with ugly words said before th ...more
Leona
I was a little bit disturbed by this book. The writing was well done, as I have come to expect from Abby Green. However, I really struggled with a few things.

1) She was just too much of a self martyr for my taste
2) She always caved way too easily and allowed the hero to say truly horrible things to her constantly. She also forgave the hero too fast. After all, he was guilty of the same crime. At least her excuse, was to save her Mom from the cruel hands of her stepdad. What was his excuse? I ne
Verity
4.5*

Fan friggin tastic ! Even tho' I got a permanent squint outta it, worth the damage all the way =^B
Kay
Mar 06, 2013 Kay rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kay by: willafil
Shelves: ebooks
Paige
6 months ago Maggie Holland was forced to suduce Caleb Cameron by her abusive stepfather. Now he's dead and Caleb is out for the final revenge on Maggie. Leving her mother nothing when he died, Caleb now owns the house that belonged to her real father. The news shatters her mother's heart so Maggie goes to talk to Caleb to try to get it back. The price? Be his mistress for two months. Not knowing the truth behind Maggie's motives 6 months ago, Caleb keeps his guard up around her, but can't help ...more
sbf20112011
Damn, this was pretty great! I loved getting to see what both sides were thinking. And I always love seeing a hero who can't help but feel tenderly toward a heroine even though he thinks she's done something awful. Pretty hot sex scenes too. Great book!
Marilyn
You want Hot? Revenge? Romance that will make your heart race? Well then this one is for you and it's fabulous! Abby is just another rising star amongst the new Harlequin Presents authors. It's a wonderful love story set in Dublin!

Seduced for revenge, bedded for pleasure

Six months ago Brazilian tycoon Caleb Cameron thought he’d uncovered Maggie Holland’s plot to ruin him – by seducing him to take his mind off business deals worth millions!

In actual fact Maggie was being manipulated by her cruel
Jenn
In high school, I have read a lot of locally published romance pocketbooks that it sort of turned me off (not in a bad way) from reading romance books, maybe because I have read way too much of it and I want to explore other genres.

This Harlequin book was the very first of its kind that I have read, thanks to my friend Rexy. She suggested us friends read Harlequin, and it looks like this is going to be a regular thing -- Saturday is now Harlequin Day.

Strong points for this book:
1) It is short..
Dee
A book that is full of angst but of course they get their HEA in the end......One I know I have read before and will probably read again!
Sanya
Mar 28, 2014 Sanya marked it as didn-t-finish  ·  review of another edition
"This is so boring, nothing happens, I had no wish to finish it. Are all Abby Green's books so humourless??"
Tonya Warner
Caleb set out to finish destroying the Holland familty. After the death of Maggies's stepfather, Caleb set in to play the final steps to counteract the betrayal he discovered against him when Maggie tried to seduce him for her stepfather.

Maggie was not sorry her abusive stepfather was dead. Having to face Caleb again after the deceit she was forced in to, to face his mistrust and know he weld her mother's happiness in his hands was almost too much to bear.

Becoming a temporary mistress to repay C
Elle Markov
I like the book, however, I feel like Maggie forgave Caleb way too quickly ***POTENTIAL SPOILER***

When she saw him at the beach she should have ran and locked the door, not actually have allowed him into her home. It would have been far better if she had locked the door. He would have stayed outside could have begged for her forgiveness and apologized properly. After what an ass he was simply saying "I'm sorry" was not good enough. I felt a little cheated.
Anastasia
I said it before! I love Abby Green!!! this was the first arlekin book that I loved because the heroine stayed true in her beliefs even if the hero believed the opposite about her!
Tia
This novel was just so sweet. I really enjoyed it ad the characters in it. I felt saddened a lot of the time for Maggie and her mother, what they had been through..
Sneha
Heartbroken!Why did this story end??Heart-warming...I hated Caleb all the while...but as the story climaxed...my heart just warmed to him!Abby,i heart you!Seriously so!
Erica
Libro sin escenas de sexo explícito, mucha tensión dramática aunque cae un bucle que parece no acabar nunca.

Mi calificación: 3.8
RomanticBookLover
I think you'll like this book! For me it was beautiful. Short, some hot and dramatic.
Lynsey A
Loved the end. There were a couple of "awww" moments. Nice ending.
Ker
Me encantó ❤
Como le gustan a mi Moni: sin niños xD
Daybelisbaez
:') so cute ! T.T Abbi Green es genial!
Nhan57
Good! Love the story!
Cathy Norfin
Cathy Norfin marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Kathy
Kathy added it
Nov 21, 2014
  • Mistress for a Weekend
  • Bought: The Greek's Innocent Virgin
  • Untamed Italian, Blackmailed Innocent
  • The Disobedient Mistress (Sister Brides, #2)
  • The Millionaire's Marriage
  • Claiming His Pregnant Wife
  • The Markonos Bride
  • The Guardian's Forbidden Mistress
  • For the Sheikh's Pleasure (Surrender to the Sheikh) (Harlequin Presents, #2656)
  • Greek Tycoon, Waitress Wife
  • Lelaki Dalam Ingatan
  • Innocent on Her Wedding Night
  • The Greek Billionaire's Baby Revenge (Harlequin Presents, #2690)
  • Strangers in the Desert (The Al Dhakir Brothers #1)
Abby Green spent her teens reading Mills & Boon romances. She then spent many years working in the Film and TV industry as an Assistant Director. One day while standing outside an actor's trailer in the rain, she thought: "there has to be more than this". So she sent off a partial to Mills & Boon. After numerous rewrites, they accepted her first book and an author was born. She was nominat ...more
More about Abby Green...
Ruthlessly Bedded, Forcibly Wedded (Innocent Wives #2) The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1) The Virgin's Secret (Harlequin Presents, #2932) The Restless Billionaire (Bad Blood #3) Bride in a Gilded Cage