Start by marking “The Brazilian's Blackmail Bargain” as Want to Read:
The Brazilian's Blackmail Bargain

The Brazilian's Blackmail Bargain

Six months ago Brazilian tycoon Caleb Cameron thought he'd uncovered Maggie Holland's plot to ruin himusing seduction! But Maggie was being manipulated by her stepfather. She'd fallen in love with Calebbut he vowed never to see her again. After her stepfather dies, Maggie is left with nothing. Now, to complete his revenge, Caleb makes an offer Maggie can't refuse: but she ...more
Paperback, Modern Romance, 192 pages
Published May 4th 2007 by Harlequin Mills & Boon (first published March 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Brazilian's Blackmail Bargain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Brazilian's Blackmail Bargain

willaful
As a Harlequin Presents fan, I’ll sometimes find myself thinking, “I crave a story about an alpha guy who thinks the innocent heroine is a gold-digging whore and then feels terrible when he finds out he’s wrong... but I don’t want to read the same old crap.” If you find yourself in a similarly schizophrenic mood, here’s a great story to try. The basic plot is very much the classic formula, but it has a verve that hits me in all the right places. This is one of those books I’m often drawn to rere ...more
StMargarets
The H/h met and had insta-attraction, but their relationship was hijacked by the h's stepfather who wanted to best the hero in some business transaction. When hero realizes that the h is just playing him, he says he never wants to see her again, leaving the h guilty for helping her stepfather and heartbroken that the hero wasn't really attracted to her.

Six months later the stepfather has died bankrupt, thanks to the hero who also has the deed to the heroine's family home, the one tie the heroine
AgentScully
what I liked
- the writing, was smooth and flowed well
- lots of angst but didn't bog down into endless inner monologues
- good dialogue, not hateful bickerfests
- hero, didn't descend into jerkdom and couldn't help treating heroine sweetly at times
- heroine, wasn't TSTL but bit too self-sacrificing
- very steamy for a HP
- no virginity-as-proof-of-innocence or oops-pregnancy tropes
- the ending

what I didn't like
- spineless mother who wouldn't divorce abusive hubs even though she had million
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Abby Green has written a sizzling and emotional story about revenge tied up in a relationship built on unrequited lust turned to love. Caleb Cameron has Maggie all wrong. He thinks that her bid to seduce him was a coldhearted action designed to cheat Caleb in the favor of Maggie's stepfather. The truth is Maggie had to act on a genuine attraction she had to Caleb or her mother would suffer the consequences. In the end, it backfires, and their tryst is unconsummated with ugly words said before th ...more
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
A likable, tropey book with a super angsty tone. It will be telling on your fortitude if you bring out the Kleenex or not, cuz the author gives it her all to make you do just that. But still a chest pang or two are defensible, as are a couple of eyerolls!

A vengeful H and a wrongly accused h made to pay for her sins in his bed, is the stuff of HP legends, and this one was done quite well by most standards. The h does her bit for her doormat-martyr sisters, sighing and suffering in silence the H’s
Saly
Thanks to seton for recommending this, I really enjoyed it. The book starts of with Maggie and her mother celebrating that her abusive step-father is dead and they are finally free, then they get the news that their beloved house that belonged to them is no longer theirs, the step-father lost everything. The new owner is the hero Caleb, with whom Maggie has a history. Six months before Maggie was threatened by her step-father to deceive Caleb. Hence, begins the story and the blackmail, Maggie wa ...more
Caro
La trama no me terminó de convencer. Es como que la prota está todo el tiempo sintiéndose atrapada en un chantaje al que nadie la obligó -_-. Y durante toodo el libro está en papel de víctima, pero cuando puede se hace la zorrit4 para que el héroe crea que ella es una cazafortunas (¿?). La empecé leyendo con ganas de que el héroe no tuviera ninguna duda de las motivaciones que la llevan a venderse a él vestida como put4 en su primer encuentro, pero como que no me dio la sensación de que él estuv ...more
Verity
Feb 27, 2010 Verity rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: green-abby, ebook
4.5*

Fan friggin tastic ! Even tho' I got a permanent squint outta it, worth the damage all the way =^B
Leona
Apr 28, 2012 Leona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hqn-presents
I was a little bit disturbed by this book. The writing was well done, as I have come to expect from Abby Green. However, I really struggled with a few things.

1) She was just too much of a self martyr for my taste
2) She always caved way too easily and allowed the hero to say truly horrible things to her constantly. She also forgave the hero too fast. After all, he was guilty of the same crime. At least her excuse, was to save her Mom from the cruel hands of her stepdad. What was his excuse? I ne
Dianna
When I read ‘Ruthlessly Bedded, Forcibly Wedded’ there was a scene with Vincenzo meeting Maggie and Caleb, and being a bit envious of their happiness and observing something about their awesome marriage, and in the gap of silence that extends awkwardly after his observation, I thought: ah ha. You could insert a 200 page book into that silence, and I bet it’ll have some deliciously nasty stuff in it.’

Maggie first meets Caleb at one of her despicable step-dad’s despicable social business suppers (
Kay
Mar 03, 2013 Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kay by: willafil
Shelves: ebooks
Paige
Jun 29, 2010 Paige rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
6 months ago Maggie Holland was forced to suduce Caleb Cameron by her abusive stepfather. Now he's dead and Caleb is out for the final revenge on Maggie. Leving her mother nothing when he died, Caleb now owns the house that belonged to her real father. The news shatters her mother's heart so Maggie goes to talk to Caleb to try to get it back. The price? Be his mistress for two months. Not knowing the truth behind Maggie's motives 6 months ago, Caleb keeps his guard up around her, but can't help ...more
sbf20112011
Oct 10, 2011 sbf20112011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Damn, this was pretty great! I loved getting to see what both sides were thinking. And I always love seeing a hero who can't help but feel tenderly toward a heroine even though he thinks she's done something awful. Pretty hot sex scenes too. Great book!
Danielle
Marilyn
Nov 14, 2008 Marilyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You want Hot? Revenge? Romance that will make your heart race? Well then this one is for you and it's fabulous! Abby is just another rising star amongst the new Harlequin Presents authors. It's a wonderful love story set in Dublin!

Seduced for revenge, bedded for pleasure

Six months ago Brazilian tycoon Caleb Cameron thought he’d uncovered Maggie Holland’s plot to ruin him – by seducing him to take his mind off business deals worth millions!

In actual fact Maggie was being manipulated by her cruel
Filza
Mar 21, 2015 Filza rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have read so many books like this and recently something just snapped. I felt like this book was showing how women tend to fall into abusive relationships and let the man completely walk all over them. I did not identify with this heroine at all. I just thought of her as weak. Maybe I'm just a product of my generation but this book did not feel like a romance to me. It felt more like a psychological drama
Sanya
Sep 27, 2012 Sanya marked it as didn-t-finish  ·  review of another edition
"This is so boring, nothing happens, I had no wish to finish it. Are all Abby Green's books so humourless??"
Dee
A book that is full of angst but of course they get their HEA in the end......One I know I have read before and will probably read again!
Carole Ann
Jul 23, 2016 Carole Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: billionaire, hp-ish
3.5 Stars
Jayne
Sep 19, 2014 Jayne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In high school, I have read a lot of locally published romance pocketbooks that it sort of turned me off (not in a bad way) from reading romance books, maybe because I have read way too much of it and I want to explore other genres.

This Harlequin book was the very first of its kind that I have read, thanks to my friend Rexy. She suggested us friends read Harlequin, and it looks like this is going to be a regular thing -- Saturday is now Harlequin Day.

Strong points for this book:
1) It is short..
Tonya Warner
Caleb set out to finish destroying the Holland familty. After the death of Maggies's stepfather, Caleb set in to play the final steps to counteract the betrayal he discovered against him when Maggie tried to seduce him for her stepfather.

Maggie was not sorry her abusive stepfather was dead. Having to face Caleb again after the deceit she was forced in to, to face his mistrust and know he weld her mother's happiness in his hands was almost too much to bear.

Becoming a temporary mistress to repay C
Kaycee ❤️
"You're my home, and I want to come home, so much."

I have been on a total binge of Ms, Green's books and I can honestly say that she can do no wrong in my eyes. I loved this book! I loved Maggie and Caleb. They were absolutely perfect for each other. And I loved that the book was told in dual POV's. Getting inside their heads make it impossible not to fall in love with them.

I really enjoyed this book. I liked Ms. Green's ability to write clearly and beautifully. And though I loved the ending
Elle Markov
Jul 12, 2013 Elle Markov rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like the book, however, I feel like Maggie forgave Caleb way too quickly ***POTENTIAL SPOILER***

When she saw him at the beach she should have ran and locked the door, not actually have allowed him into her home. It would have been far better if she had locked the door. He would have stayed outside could have begged for her forgiveness and apologized properly. After what an ass he was simply saying "I'm sorry" was not good enough. I felt a little cheated.
GuisBell
May 24, 2016 GuisBell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bueno
Uhmmm al parecer las apariencias engañan. Me gustan los libros de Abby Green y la gran variedad de los contextos y situaciones que hay en sus libros ;)
Anastasia
Oct 26, 2013 Anastasia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I said it before! I love Abby Green!!! this was the first arlekin book that I loved because the heroine stayed true in her beliefs even if the hero believed the opposite about her!
Erica
Jun 08, 2013 Erica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Libro sin escenas de sexo explícito, mucha tensión dramática aunque cae un bucle que parece no acabar nunca.

Mi calificación: 3.8
Lunatik Ac
Jul 25, 2015 Lunatik Ac rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un libro interesante, me gusto lo sencillo pero bien narrado. Necesitaba algo romantico y este libro entre su tension dramatica me lo otorgo.
Sneha
Jun 30, 2010 Sneha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartbroken!Why did this story end??Heart-warming...I hated Caleb all the while...but as the story climaxed...my heart just warmed to him!Abby,i heart you!Seriously so!
Tia
May 18, 2011 Tia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novel was just so sweet. I really enjoyed it ad the characters in it. I felt saddened a lot of the time for Maggie and her mother, what they had been through..
  • The Greek Boss's Bride
  • The Veranchetti Marriage
  • Italian Prince, Wedlocked Wife (Red-Hot Revenge) (Harlequin Presents, #2790)
  • Mistress for a Weekend
  • The Greek Tycoon's Revenge
  • Bought: The Greek's Innocent Virgin
  • Innocent on Her Wedding Night
  • The Millionaire's Marriage
  • Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives #3)
  • Lelaki Dalam Ingatan
  • A Rich Man's Revenge
  • Shackled by Diamonds (Models & Millionaires, #2)
  • Spanish Magnate, Red-Hot Revenge
  • Claiming His Pregnant Wife
Abby Green spent her teens reading Mills & Boon romances. She then spent many years working in the Film and TV industry as an Assistant Director. One day while standing outside an actor's trailer in the rain, she thought: "there has to be more than this". So she sent off a partial to Mills & Boon. After numerous rewrites, they accepted her first book and an author was born. She was nominat ...more
More about Abby Green...