His Cinderella Bride

His Cinderella Bride

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Lord Lensborough was a man well used to getting exactly what he wanted - and he wanted Hester Convinced that she was a poor relation, the noble lord was about to receive the shock of his life...from a lady who would break all his very proper rules
Published September 2007 by Mills & Boon

Graham
Annie Burrows’ debut historical novel for Harlequin Mills & Boon is a lusty and enthralling tale of love and life in Regency England. The hero of His Cinderella Bride is a wealthy aristocrat on the look-out for a wife – and, in shades of Jane Eyre, he meets her in a country lane in inclement weather, although I don’t remember a scene where Jane fell into a ditch full of muddy water!

After this inauspicious opening, we meet the book’s heroine, Hester, a similarly wealthy woman who hides under...more
Bronwyn Rykiert
This is a usual cliche of love stories but it is still well told.

Jasper Challinor, Lord Lensborough has come to The Holme to find a wife. On his way in he nearly runs down a women who is dressed rather shabbily.

He finds out that Hester is the niece of the man he has come to meet. He thinks she treated as a servant. All the way through the book they misinterpret each others feelings for each other.

Hester hated him before he arrived and after he nearly ran her down and did not apologise she does n...more
Michaela
This book was boring and stupid. I didnt even read the last few pages as it was just too stupid.
Irmaria
Irmaria marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Dev
Dev marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Gabriela
Gabriela marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2013
Mokona
Mokona added it
Oct 10, 2013
Kaija Kruusmaa
Kaija Kruusmaa marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2013
Monica Svindland
Monica Svindland is currently reading it
Sep 21, 2013
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
Molly Burkey
Molly Burkey marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
I've been published by Mills & Boon since 2007..but I'd been making up stories in my head for as long as I can remember. It was a long walk home from school, and there were no ipods in those days to keep you amused! When I wasn't daydreaming, I had my nose stuck in a book. My parents used to take me to the library every Saturday, until I was old enough to get there on my own, and my house was...more
More about Annie Burrows...
The Viscount and the Virgin (Regency Silk & Scandal, #5) A Countess by Christmas The Earl's Untouched Bride Never Trust a Rake Captain Fawley's Innocent Bride (The Fawley's, #2)