Start by marking “The Spaniard's Defiant Virgin (Modern Romance, #711)” as Want to Read:
The Spaniard's Defiant Virgin (Modern Romance, #711)

The Spaniard's Defiant Virgin (Modern Romance, #711)

3.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  220 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Vengeance...captivity...pleasure...

In his Spanish castillo Marcos Ramirez has been planning his retribution for the Winter family…. And now it's time.

Marcos will take Tamsin and destroy her family. But Tamsin isn't the hedonistic society girl he expected. She's beautiful and courageous—bedding her will be sweet. And it's then that Marcos realizes Tamsin's a virgin, and i
Published (first published November 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Spaniard's Defiant Virgin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spaniard's Defiant Virgin

MelissaB
So if you found out your brother who is the legal guardian of your younger sister had stolen her inheritance and left her home alone and hungry do you:

A. Contact the authorities and turn his ass in for theft and child abuse.

B. Agree to some hairbrained scheme to marry some old rich Sheikh who may have killed his ex-wife with the promise that afterwards he would allow the sister to live with her.

In non-bizzaro world, hopefully the answer is A. But in crazy Harlequin Presents Romanclandia, we go w
Dina
Classic HQ Presents: an outrageous title, a hero bent on seeking revenge, a virgin heroine, and a predictable plot. Just give your brain some rest, relax and have fun. :)

Here's my favorite passage:

"I admire strong legs on a man. Big hands. Big feet." She gave them a conspicuous glance. "So good for heavy lifting."

"I don’t just have strength, but stamina," he observed, looking at her over his glass with an amused expression. "I can lift anything you want. All night."

Oh, my God.

Oh yeah, you can sa
seton
Jun 05, 2009 seton rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: lovers of formulas
Tamsin is a 23 yr old gorgeous martyr virgin who is willing to sacrifice her all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips self to an eeeevil Moroccan rich dude to Save the Children, y'all. Or one child, at least (her sister, Nicole). Unfortunately, some stranger named Marcos kidnaps Tamsin on the day of her wedding to get revenge on both her family AND her fiancee. When Tamsin gifts Marcos with her hymen for One Night of Lurve, he is all apologetic and remorseful because, of course in Romance-speak, Virginity = ...more
Lynsey A
In this book, Marcos is out to destroy the people he feels are responsible for his family's death. Kidnapping Tasmin Winter is the beginning of his plan. Tamsin is marrying a sheikh in order to protect her baby sister.

Yes, Marcos did take her virginity and then realized that he was wrong about her, which is common in HP's, but I liked the way the rest of the story went after that scene.

Tamsin does try to escape after their night together but is caught again by Marcos. Of course, right at that
RomReader *Spoiler Giver*
23y.o popular cosmetics heiress doesn't know if being abducted on her wedding day was good or bad.

She isn't looking forward to being the 2nd wife of the abusive nephew of a sheikh but she accepts it if it meant protecting her 10y.o half-sister. Outmaneuvering her abductor, 32y.o venture-capitalist Hero, isn't an easy feat, especially since she's becoming drawn to him. Hero thought to use heroine as an instrument for his revenge against her half-brother and fiance. But she's distracting him from
Jacqueline
Hmm...I don't really know what to say about this book. It was full of typical HP melodrama. Don't look at motivations too closely or you'll see right through them. There was kidnapping, and virginity and bad reputations built on tabloid rumors, poorly conceived revenge, medieval escape tunnels etc. The basic ingredients. Put in a bowl stir with a spoon. Nothing outstanding here. But comfort food of a sort. The type of thing that you can read in front of the TV and not miss much of the show or th ...more
Marilyn
Nov 14, 2008 Marilyn rated it it was amazing
Marcos Ramirez is truly a “dark angel”! This Spanish alpha is to die for, he’s angry, he’s seeking revenge and yet he has a protective and extremely sexy side, he’ll melt your heart.

Tasmin is misunderstood by the press and all of London. She’s been deemed a wild heiress, a flirt and a spoiled beauty and actually she’s none of these…..she’s got a secret and she’ll do anything that has to be done to protect a family member. When Tasmin is kidnapped by the “dark angel” she realizes she is indeed in
Danielle
Janie
I finished it, is all I can say. It was meh.
Paula Legate
Apr 08, 2013 Paula Legate rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-suspence
I really enjoyed this book. It was a fun, emotional read. Marcos kidnaps Tasmin to get back at her family for destroying his own family. He has been planning revenge for 20 years. Tasmin thinks of Marcos as a dark angel. He is the most handsome man she has ever seen, yet he kidnapped her? It does not take too long for Marcos to realize what he thought of Tasmin was wrong. The two are fun together, and the chemistry is red hot!
Katherine 黄爱芬
Dendam menjadi Cinta.

Tamsin sebenarnya ogah menikah dgn Azis, demi bisnis keluarga. Tidak dinyana, Tamsin diculik oleh Marcos, yg memiliki misi dendam terhadap keluarganya dan Azis.

Tadinya Tamsin berusaha memperdaya Marcos, termasuk menyerahkan keperawanannya. Siapa nyana akhirnya tumbuh cinta diantara mereka. Walau Marcos menyangkal terus, akankah dia luluh dan melepaskan dendamnya?

Kelebihan buku ini adalah adegan uhuk-uhuk lumayan detail digambarkan, ada 3 babak (lumayan banyak utk ukuran buku
Farah
Mar 24, 2014 Farah rated it liked it
Or she could have just called the cops but then we wouldn't have this book .. her reasons for not reporting what was happening to her sister made no sense .. " because she's famous for being a party girl " err never heard of that one before .. it's not like there were any records of her being arrested for anything bad .. or anything at all .. well despite the very unconvincing obstacle I actually enjoyed this book. Marcos had some really delicious things to say and Tamsin was just too stubborn ...more
Judith
May 01, 2015 Judith rated it it was ok
I did not enjoy this book at all. Just about every turn and twist throughout the whole book wasn't quite believable. Hours after terrifying her and kidnapping her with chloroform, she wakes up and is almost instantly lustfully making out with him. It wasn't believable.
Ana
Feb 09, 2014 Ana rated it it was ok
o god! i would give it 4stars, but their conversation in his office, when he tells her how his family died and her moral lecture...god it's so boring and dramatic, melodramatic.
i'm so disappointed with last pages of the book.
Baseballmom
Nov 18, 2014 Baseballmom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You Know How Revenge Goes In HP.........d;)
Mariam
May 13, 2014 Mariam rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
not really a fan of Mill & Boons. I read it sometimes as we all need a stupid and predictable plot. even more predictable than indian dramas.
Jenny
Apr 19, 2015 Jenny rated it did not like it
Shelves: heroine-i-hated
First time I read an unlikable JL heroine.
Gizzie
Nov 16, 2012 Gizzie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-romance
This book didnt set well with me. The reason for Marcos' revenge didnt make sense and the author seemed lost on how to get to the ending. Really the book started out good and it held my intrest to a certain extent but was a total bust for the last couple of chapters. I think Jennie just gave up on the book just to get it finished. She didnt know where to take the chacters.
Lee
LOLOL. In my defense, I was sick and didn't feel up to any sort of mentally taxing literature. Also, after looking at the rack in the library, I had started to wonder if the titles were slected by some sort of random generator. Apparently the plots are.
Lady Raven RAVE!
Feb 05, 2011 Lady Raven RAVE! rated it really liked it
I LOVED IT good read wasn't expecting it to be good because i hadn't read this author's work before. *SPOILER* i don't think he ask her to marry him not sure, BUT who cares its still a good book i think personally
Kelsey
Dec 14, 2012 Kelsey rated it liked it
Shelves: l-amour
Morocco, forced marriage to save her family, running away, revenge (surprise, surprise)
Rbeey
Feb 14, 2011 Rbeey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hmmmmm..this read jump started with great possibilities..right off bat I'm lovin'!
Bridie Coleman
May 30, 2011 Bridie Coleman rated it it was amazing
Another good book by Jennie Lucas - great storyline as usual
Debbie
Debbie rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2016
Srikirti.
Srikirti. marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Kimberly Raby
Kimberly Raby marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Alexandria
Alexandria marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Rez
Rez marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
N.G
N.G rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
  • The Greek Tycoon's Unexpected Wife (In the Greek Tycoon's Bed)
  • The Dark God's Bride Trilogy (The Dark God's Bride, #3)
  • The Billionaire's Elusive Lover
  • Captured by the Sheikh (Rivals to the Crown of Kadar #1)
  • Aristides' Convenient Wife  (A Mediterranean Marriage #9)
  • Unlocking her Innocence
  • Mistaken Identity
  • Wedding Night With A Stranger (Presents Extra)
  • A Passionate Marriage
  • Hollywood Husband, Contract Wife
  • Awakening
  • The Couple who Fooled the World
  • More than a Convenient Marriage?
  • Public Wife, Private Mistress (Italian Husbands)
  • Bought for the Frenchman's Pleasure
  • The Demon Duke and I (Duke of Brimstine, #1)
  • The Princess and the Outlaw
  • The Greek Tycoon's Virgin Wife
Jennie Lucas had a tragic beginning for any would-be writer: a very happy childhood. Her parents owned a bookstore, and she grew up surrounded by books, dreaming about faraway lands. Her mother read aloud to her in French when she was little; when she was ten, her father secretly paid her a dollar for every classic novel (Jane Eyre, War and Peace) that she read. As a chubby teenager, Jennie covere ...more
More about Jennie Lucas...