Start by marking “Nasty, Stinky Sneakers” as Want to Read:
Nasty, Stinky Sneakers

Nasty, Stinky Sneakers

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  132 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Where are the world's stinkiest sneakers?
Colin has spent weeks perfecting his sneaker odor for the Stinkiest Sneakers in the World contest. If he wins, he'll get three brand-new pairs of Slam Dunkers sneakers: one for himself, one for his little sister, Amy, and one for his best pal, Webster.
But now, after weeks of working toward stinky perfection -- not washing his feet,
Published April 15th 1995 by HarperCollins (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Nasty, Stinky Sneakers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nasty, Stinky Sneakers

Susan
Colin, age 10, and his little sister, age 7, really need new sneakers. However, their parents are having some financial problems and can't afford to buy them. So Colin decides to enter the Nasty, Stinky Sneakers contest because the prize is three pair of super sneakers. For months he's been getting his old sneakers ready. Of course, he never washes them, never washes his socks, and never washes his feet--and that's pretty hard when your mom insists you take a shower every night. He's pretty sure ...more
Roytrell Long
There was this boy named colin who had the worst smelling sneakers in town.He found a contest that said whoever had the stinkiest sneakers would win 3 pair of slam dunkers. Colin and his friend amy started to try and make his shoes smell even worse. They had his shoes smelling horrible. He lived in a apartment and his mom wasnt going to let him bring those shoes inside the house. So one day he left his shoes by the door step then woke up and they were gone. He had a man named mr. sabaton use his ...more
Mustafa
May 07, 2008 Mustafa rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes mysteries
Recommended to Mustafa by: teacher
this book has a wonderful outline of how much bullying has an effect on our children and i learned that if you can stand up to that kind of bully then you can do anything in the whole world this book is a bout a young boy who enters a contest to have the stinkiest shoes he pretty much was going to win because his shoes wreaked but accidently some neighbor takes them and makes the white and shiney now he has no shoes . later on he sees one of his school bullies approach him with his shoes........ ...more
Zach Naegele
In this book, the only thing Colin desires more than the girl of his dreams, is winning the stinky sneaker contest. Colin and his best friend have worked hard to get Colin’s sneakers as smelly as possible, but suddenly Colin’s sneakers go missing. In search of his missing sneakers, Colin steals the shoes of his competitor out of revenge. Overall, the book was entertaining without being drawn out.
Duane
This is a well done book about a boy who is trying to win a smelliest sneaker contest so he can get the three brand new sneakers given as the grand prize. When his stinky sneakers dissapear, how will he win the contest and who would steal a smelly pair of shoes? Friendly characters make this story a pleasure to read. A nice read for beginner readers.
Deborah Harris
Jan 01, 2014 Deborah Harris added it
Shelves: a34, ar-3
AR Quiz No. 10789 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: MG - BL: 3.3 - AR Pts: 2.0
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, LS, VP
Anna
Spencer and I were struggling to find a medium difficulty chapter book that he wanted to read. I read this first and thought it was 3 stars--cute, funny story. When Spencer and I read it aloud, he thinks it is a hilarious 5 star book for 8 year old boys.
Mrs.
I liked this book as a read aloud with my upper elementary students. If is a short fun read with competition and rivalry for the worst smelling sneakers. It has a plot that is easy for students to follow with little or no need for explanation.
Creighton
This is about a young boy who entersa contest. This contest is the worst stinky shoes. but when he tries to enter the contest, his shoes go missing! He searches and searches. Will he find them? Read it to find out! Plus it is an ok book.
Michelle White
I think this book would be loved by boys. It is about smelling sneakers. What is not to love? I don't know that I would use it specifically in my classroom, but some students would love it.
I got it from the IUS Library.
Ann
Eve Bunting is possibly my favorite author of picture books, so I had high hopes for this very easy chapter book that some of my fourth grade students are reading. It was just a blah book...not memorable in any way, really.
Eagle
The characters are Collin,Webster,Amy,Mr.Sabaton,Bruno the dog,Poppy,Jack and his brother.Collin is trying to win a stinkiest sneakers contest but his sneakers went missing but he figures out who it is.
Chad
this book was awesome it had some action and mysteries. Like the one from the up stairs dog taking the sneakers from outside.I think people should read this book it is a good adventure
100% dominican boy
this book is really funny because that dog is always smelling his feet and that men always kik him,and the dog said whoo has the nastiest shoes.
Joenna
Will ten-year-old Colin find his missing stinky sneakers in time to enter The Stinkiest Sneakers in the World contest?

Great funny book for boys.
Teddy
We had to read this one for school, but I can't say I would recommend it to anyone. It was sort of ok, but kind of elementary.
Jenni Smith
I really enjoyed the book. I climbed into a dumpster in college to find different things.
Laurie D'ghent
Cute story with good characterizations. I especially liked the nitpicky garbage men.
Cheri
Definately written for pre-teen boys!
Will Smith
who really cares?
☯Bettie☯
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Vova Sameh
Vova Sameh marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Erin
Erin added it
Oct 16, 2014
Ms. Jacobs
Ms. Jacobs marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Ibrahim Zeeshan
Ibrahim Zeeshan marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Brooke Hornstein
Brooke Hornstein is currently reading it
Sep 22, 2014
Melissa Hardin
Melissa Hardin marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
  • Ten Kids, No Pets
  • Who Is Stealing the 12 Days of Christmas? (Chickadee Court Mysteries)
  • Knights of the Kitchen Table (Time Warp Trio, #1)
  • Thirteen Ways to Sink a Sub
  • Horror at the Haunted House
  • The Ghost, the White House and Me
  • The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)
  • Return of the Home Run Kid
  • Joey Fly, Private Eye in Creepy Crawly Crime
  • Moxy Maxwell Does Not Love Stuart Little
  • My Rotten Life (Nathan Abercrombie, Accidental Zombie, #1)
  • Curse of the Were-wiener (Dragonbreath, #3)
  • Blue Heron
  • Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4)
  • Rescue Josh Mcguire
  • Just Juice
  • Attack of the Jack-O'-Lanterns (Goosebumps, #48)
  • The Odd Squad, Bully Bait
19126
Also known as Evelyn Bolton and A.E. Bunting.

Anne Evelyn Bunting, better known as Eve Bunting, is an author with more than 250 books. Her books are diverse in age groups, from picture books to chapter books, and topic, ranging from Thanksgiving to riots in Los Angeles. Eve Bunting has won several awards for her works.

Bunting went to school in Ireland and grew up with storytelling. In Ireland, “The
More about Eve Bunting...
Smoky Night Fly Away Home The Wall S.O.S. Titanic Scary, Scary Halloween