Start by marking “Nasty, Stinky Sneakers” as Want to Read:
Nasty, Stinky Sneakers

Nasty, Stinky Sneakers

3.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  170 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Where are the world's stinkiest sneakers?
Colin has spent weeks perfecting his sneaker odor for the Stinkiest Sneakers in the World contest. If he wins, he'll get three brand-new pairs of Slam Dunkers sneakers: one for himself, one for his little sister, Amy, and one for his best pal, Webster.
But now, after weeks of working toward stinky perfection -- not washing his feet,
Published April 15th 1995 by HarperCollins (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Nasty, Stinky Sneakers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nasty, Stinky Sneakers

Logan Williams
Personal Reaction:
I thought this was a quick, humorous read that a lot of boys could relate to or possibly even encourage them to participate in similar competitions. However, the story deals with issues such as financial problems where Colin's parents can't afford to buy him a new pair of shoes. Colin then enters a contest to see who could get their shoes as gross as possible and whoever won got three free pairs of shoes. The story does a great job of talking about bullying and how it has affe
Cortnee
Oct 19, 2015 Cortnee rated it really liked it
Shelves: edrd-314
This was a silly book that a lot of young readers would probably enjoy. The story progressed quickly and the chapters weren't too long as to lose a younger reader's attention. I think young reader's would also be drawn in by the mischief the children in the story get into in a way that they might wish they could have such an adventure. There are some more adult elements that may need to be discussed such as financial problems, bullying, and stealing. This book offers a great discussion starter o ...more
Kristen
May 13, 2015 Kristen rated it it was amazing
Second grade +.

Colin is trying to win the Stinkiest Sneakers in the World contest, but things don't look too promising when his sneakers disappear. With the help of his friends, he finds his shoes and figures out how to straighten out a mess with a fellow competitor.

A wonderful story dealing with awkward situations of doing right or wrong. A beginner's chapter book. Wonderful morals and fabulous humor!
Trent
Sep 17, 2015 Trent rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was good. It was fun to read how they got there shoes to smell really bad.It was funny to read how Jack Dunn took Poppy's pink headband off from her head. It was fun to read who won the contest. Read this book to figure out who won the contest.

Level-R
Susan
Dec 10, 2013 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Colin, age 10, and his little sister, age 7, really need new sneakers. However, their parents are having some financial problems and can't afford to buy them. So Colin decides to enter the Nasty, Stinky Sneakers contest because the prize is three pair of super sneakers. For months he's been getting his old sneakers ready. Of course, he never washes them, never washes his socks, and never washes his feet--and that's pretty hard when your mom insists you take a shower every night. He's pretty sure ...more
Roytrell Long
Oct 14, 2010 Roytrell Long rated it it was ok
Shelves:
There was this boy named colin who had the worst smelling sneakers in town.He found a contest that said whoever had the stinkiest sneakers would win 3 pair of slam dunkers. Colin and his friend amy started to try and make his shoes smell even worse. They had his shoes smelling horrible. He lived in a apartment and his mom wasnt going to let him bring those shoes inside the house. So one day he left his shoes by the door step then woke up and they were gone. He had a man named mr. sabaton use his ...more
Mustafa
May 07, 2008 Mustafa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes mysteries
Recommended to Mustafa by: teacher
this book has a wonderful outline of how much bullying has an effect on our children and i learned that if you can stand up to that kind of bully then you can do anything in the whole world this book is a bout a young boy who enters a contest to have the stinkiest shoes he pretty much was going to win because his shoes wreaked but accidently some neighbor takes them and makes the white and shiney now he has no shoes . later on he sees one of his school bullies approach him with his shoes........ ...more
Lillian
Feb 23, 2016 Lillian rated it it was amazing
Zach Naegele
Jul 13, 2011 Zach Naegele rated it liked it
In this book, the only thing Colin desires more than the girl of his dreams, is winning the stinky sneaker contest. Colin and his best friend have worked hard to get Colin’s sneakers as smelly as possible, but suddenly Colin’s sneakers go missing. In search of his missing sneakers, Colin steals the shoes of his competitor out of revenge. Overall, the book was entertaining without being drawn out.
Duane
Oct 29, 2008 Duane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a well done book about a boy who is trying to win a smelliest sneaker contest so he can get the three brand new sneakers given as the grand prize. When his stinky sneakers dissapear, how will he win the contest and who would steal a smelly pair of shoes? Friendly characters make this story a pleasure to read. A nice read for beginner readers.
Deborah Harris
Jan 01, 2014 Deborah Harris added it
Shelves: ar-3, a34
AR Quiz No. 10789 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: MG - BL: 3.3 - AR Pts: 2.0
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, LS, VP
Anna
Nov 01, 2011 Anna rated it really liked it
Spencer and I were struggling to find a medium difficulty chapter book that he wanted to read. I read this first and thought it was 3 stars--cute, funny story. When Spencer and I read it aloud, he thinks it is a hilarious 5 star book for 8 year old boys.
Mrs.
Feb 06, 2011 Mrs. rated it really liked it
I liked this book as a read aloud with my upper elementary students. If is a short fun read with competition and rivalry for the worst smelling sneakers. It has a plot that is easy for students to follow with little or no need for explanation.
Creighton
Oct 27, 2010 Creighton rated it liked it
This is about a young boy who entersa contest. This contest is the worst stinky shoes. but when he tries to enter the contest, his shoes go missing! He searches and searches. Will he find them? Read it to find out! Plus it is an ok book.
Michelle White
I think this book would be loved by boys. It is about smelling sneakers. What is not to love? I don't know that I would use it specifically in my classroom, but some students would love it.
I got it from the IUS Library.
Ann
Sep 21, 2009 Ann rated it it was ok
Eve Bunting is possibly my favorite author of picture books, so I had high hopes for this very easy chapter book that some of my fourth grade students are reading. It was just a blah book...not memorable in any way, really.
Eagle
Jan 03, 2012 Eagle rated it really liked it
The characters are Collin,Webster,Amy,Mr.Sabaton,Bruno the dog,Poppy,Jack and his brother.Collin is trying to win a stinkiest sneakers contest but his sneakers went missing but he figures out who it is.
Chad
Oct 23, 2012 Chad rated it really liked it
this book was awesome it had some action and mysteries. Like the one from the up stairs dog taking the sneakers from outside.I think people should read this book it is a good adventure
100% dominican boy
Mar 31, 2008 100% dominican boy rated it it was amazing
this book is really funny because that dog is always smelling his feet and that men always kik him,and the dog said whoo has the nastiest shoes.
Joenna
Oct 04, 2011 Joenna rated it really liked it
Will ten-year-old Colin find his missing stinky sneakers in time to enter The Stinkiest Sneakers in the World contest?

Great funny book for boys.
Teddy
May 14, 2010 Teddy rated it did not like it
We had to read this one for school, but I can't say I would recommend it to anyone. It was sort of ok, but kind of elementary.
Jenni Smith
Jun 26, 2013 Jenni Smith rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the book. I climbed into a dumpster in college to find different things.
Laurie D'ghent
Mar 29, 2012 Laurie D'ghent rated it liked it
Cute story with good characterizations. I especially liked the nitpicky garbage men.
Cheri
Apr 11, 2009 Cheri rated it it was ok
Definately written for pre-teen boys!
Will Smith
Jan 03, 2008 Will Smith rated it did not like it
who really cares?
Bettie☯
Crystal Diaz
Crystal Diaz marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Bety Mejia
Bety Mejia rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2016
Kevin
Kevin added it
Apr 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Oggie Cooder, Party Animal
  • Ten Kids, No Pets
  • Who Is Stealing the 12 Days of Christmas?
  • Thirteen Ways to Sink a Sub
  • The Curse of the Black Hole Pirates (Star Wars: The Clone Wars Secret Missions, #2)
  • Dracula (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • The Ghost, the White House and Me
  • Joey Fly, Private Eye in Creepy Crawly Crime
  • Horror at the Haunted House
  • Jim Ugly
  • Return of the Home Run Kid
  • The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)
  • Rescue Josh Mcguire
  • Masters of Disaster
  • Piper Reed, The Great Gypsy (Piper Reed #2)
  • Just Us Women
  • The Ultimate Guide to WWE
  • No Girls Allowed (Dogs Okay) (Secrets of a Lab Rat, #1)
19126
Also known as Evelyn Bolton and A.E. Bunting.

Anne Evelyn Bunting, better known as Eve Bunting, is an author with more than 250 books. Her books are diverse in age groups, from picture books to chapter books, and topic, ranging from Thanksgiving to riots in Los Angeles. Eve Bunting has won several awards for her works.

Bunting went to school in Ireland and grew up with storytelling. In Ireland, “The
More about Eve Bunting...