Start by marking “The Everything Dog Training and Tricks Book: Turn the Most Mischievous Canine Into a Well-Behaved Dog Whoturn the Most Mischievous Canine Into a Well-Behaved Dog Who Knows a Few Tricks Knows a Few Tricks” as Want to Read:

Describes basic methods of training a dog, covering such topics as using a clicker, housebreaking, and controlling unwanted behavior, and includes instructions on how to train a dog to do tricks.
Published December 3rd 2005 by Adams Media Corporation (first published November 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Everything Dog Training and Tricks Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everything Dog Training and Tricks Book

The Red Pony by John SteinbeckThe Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David WroblewskiThe Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth SteinThe Horse Whisperer by Nicholas EvansThe Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis
Dog and Pony Show
153rd out of 155 books — 27 voters
Until Tuesday by Luis Carlos MontalvánA Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce CameronMarley and Me by John GroganThe Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth SteinThe Call of the Wild by Jack London
Top Dog Reads
393rd out of 406 books — 534 voters

More lists with this book...

Bill Hughes
Sep 07, 2008 Bill Hughes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone with a Dog..
Recommended to Bill by: My co worker
This audio book was a gift from God.. It is so easy to use.. I just put the cd in and went to the track i needed..It gives you all the basics on training your dog in a very easy format.. just go to the Sit command , heal, or whatever you want and its just that easy.... I loved it and would recommend it to anyone who has just got a dog or even someone who has had a dog for sometime.. Im sold so great job Dion Cozamanis... Mr. Hughes... you get 5 stars !
Sharla Chase
Mar 16, 2009 Sharla Chase rated it liked it
This book has a lot of information, but a lot of it I already knew. I like how the chapters are set up with the ones you'll use most often, or first, at the beginning of the book, followed by chapters discussing further training and dog behavior toward the back.

The author is a little opinionated and expresses it at times. The book made me feel like I was a bad pet owner because one of my dogs isn't socialized very well with other dogs. It even went so far as to tell me it was a form of pet abuse
Jan 24, 2011 Sarah rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011
Have you heard the phrase, "It's a good thing you're cute?" Yeah, so has my dog. A lot.

I first bought this book as a starry-eyed puppy owner. Re-reading it again, I'm realizing my dog just isn't going to learn most of these tricks. His focus, it is...not laser-like. Also, do I care if my dog can push a fake baby pram forward with his paws? I do not. In fact, I find it mildly creepy.

This is actually a fairly decent book (pram-pushing trick aside), but if you're a new puppy owner with finite mone
Jenni
Jan 12, 2009 Jenni rated it it was amazing
GREAT book on dog training. Uses positive reinforcement, explains How and Why it works, and gives great examples of how to attain an obedient, clever dog.

Highly reccommend to anybody with a dog, and even without one!
Nikki
Jun 11, 2008 Nikki rated it liked it
I didn't get my own dog until i was about 31. Actually, I never planned to get a dog...he kind of got me and I'll never look back. He's my baby I adore! This was a great resource.
Tricia (McAllister) Houseman
easy book to help you learn to train pups or to assist with what you already know. My boys should have read this one, it would have helped them a bit more.
Deena Scintilla
Apr 21, 2009 Deena Scintilla rated it really liked it
I'm still trying to get Dona my out-of-control Lab to finish this book but she just won't focus.
Kim
Lots of good information, but some of it unclear or unrealistic.
Jen
Oct 04, 2012 Jen rated it really liked it
Shelves: dogs-pets
Gives a good outline of positive training methods.
Cathy
Jul 11, 2008 Cathy rated it liked it
Shelves: pets
I thought this book was quite informative.
Derek Allen
Nov 06, 2008 Derek Allen rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This is a good training book
Barbara Ward
Barbara Ward marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Sharon
Sharon  rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Joy Burckhard
Joy Burckhard marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Bonnie DaRienzo
Bonnie DaRienzo marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
T. Harris
T. Harris marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Isabel
Isabel is currently reading it
Jun 11, 2016
Ayan Subhra
Ayan Subhra marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
mary coutts
mary coutts marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Mike
Mike rated it liked it
May 03, 2016
Simge Topaloğlu
Simge Topaloğlu rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Sherri
Sherri marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Christi Balisti
Christi Balisti marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Carmina
Carmina rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Decaman
Decaman rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2015
Louise Curtis
Louise Curtis rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2015
Alyssa
Alyssa rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2015