Start by marking “Stacey and the Mystery of Stoneybrook (The Baby-Sitters Club, #35)” as Want to Read:
Stacey and the Mystery of Stoneybrook (The Baby-Sitters Club, #35)
Preview

Stacey and the Mystery of Stoneybrook (The Baby-Sitters Club #35)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  1,082 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Provides a description of the history and culture of this nomadic Asian people.
Published January 28th 1992 by Scholastic (first published June 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Stacey and the Mystery of Stoneybrook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stacey and the Mystery of Stoneybrook

Ciara
dr. johannsen calls the babysitters club to see if charlotte can stay with stacey for a week while dr. & mr. J are off looking after charlotte's grandfather, who is having surgery. stacey is really excited about having charlotte stay with her. she's always wanted a little sister, & this will be like having one of her favorite charges as a sister for a week. she thinks. she makes a big fuss over fixing up the guest room really nicely for charlotte, with raggedy ann sheets that mrs. mcgill ...more
Rachel Brand
A girl on RiSi sent me this book as a surprise as she knew that I used to love these books - how kind! A fun read, although I can tell now as an adult that these later books were ghostwritten. Stacey's voice is very different from that of her first book.
Laura Hughes
Charlotte Johanssen’s parents leave town for a few days to look after her sick grandfather, leaving Charlotte to stay with Stacey’s family. An old, reputedly haunted house is getting torn down, and Stacey and Charlotte keep seeing and hearing weird things at the house: random flames; a swarm of bees; a face in the window. Charlotte gets sick, and for some low-key entertainment, she and Stacey do research, trying to find out the history of the house. Stacey visits the house’s former owner in a nu ...more
Swankivy
This story had a lot of unresolved creepy stuff in it. The main plot is that an old house is getting torn down and everyone thinks it might be haunted. Stacey has one of her sitting charges staying with her for like a week, and they're both flipped out by the house and have nightmares about it after walking by it and seeing mysterious things. So they start investigating and . . . yep, they did it. They found out that the area used to be a burial ground. Come on. So they research the owner of the ...more
Jenn Ingram
This one was alright, not great, didn't seem to have much purpose. (Not that any of them do, I suppose.) Anyway, we open with Stacey coming home from a "fabulous" weekend in NYC with her dad. Quote marks because it actually kind of sucked. Her dad works most of the weekend and hounds her about her diabetes when they go out to eat. But she gets to go shopping so she can look tres sophisticated in po-dunk Stoneybrook.
full review here.
Julie Decker
There's an old house in Stoneybrook and it's going to be torn down, and Stacey has a weird feeling about it. She and a babysitting charge of hers start having nightmares about the house and experiencing weird occurrences in association with it, so they do some research, which leads them to an old man in a nursing home who may have the only real story about the house's history. Who knows if they can trust what he says, though. . . .

Most of the time I have been irritated by these books' clearly c
April

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Lisa
A Stacey story I enjoyed? Shock horror!
Sp101*
Stacey has never liked mysteries and ghosts.But when she goes walking around the Hennesey house with Charlotte Johanssen(a girl she was babysitting), they hear creepy noises and faces in windows. Then they realised that the house was built on top of a graveyard! Does their little town of Stoneybrook have a real haunted house?
Melissa
I wish I could write adequate reviews for this series, because I loved it when I read them. However, it was so long ago, and I was so young, only 10-12 years old, that I do not remember much.

Unfortunately, nothing sticks out in my memory about this particular instalment.
Elizabeth
Another of my favorite BSC books! I liked anything that had to do with mystery/ghosts etc when I was a kid (still do!) I wish I could find these old books I had. I will have to ask my mom if perhaps they are up in her attic....
Rachel
Mar 28, 2010 Rachel rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: my friends
Recommended to Rachel by: my sister
even though I'm still reading this book it is very good. i choose the book because it's a mystery but i found out there is a girl in there just like me whose pop is having heart surgery.
Sarah Smith
I loved the series as a kid. I never read them in order because the library didn't have all of them. I think my favs were the Super Specials.
Sally
Yeah, it was a Stacey book... okay so I liked those more than the Claudia ones, but they were still far from my favourites.
Kirstin
i was like, WTF?! me: runs away when i see the house, i mean srsly..the old man said it was haunted for God's sake!
Rhiannon1220
This whole series is great for girls between 11-15 years old. I read every last one of them as I was growing up.
Maria M. Elmvang
I love how the relationship between Stacey and Charlotte is described :)
Amy Holcomb
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
R.
Cws
JAR4 Mar
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Munis
Munis added it
Apr 20, 2015
Teanna
Teanna added it
Apr 19, 2015
  • The New Girl (Sweet Valley Twins, #6)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 133 books)
  • The Summer Before (The Baby-Sitters Club, #0.5)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) A Corner of the Universe A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray The Doll People (Doll People, #1) The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)