Start by marking “Orphan Train West Trilogy (Orphan Train West #1-3)” as Want to Read:
Orphan Train West Trilogy (Orphan Train West #1-3)

Orphan Train West Trilogy (Orphan Train West #1-3)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Since they were released last September, the three novels in The Orphan Train West series have enjoyed brisk sales. This new boxed set will be a popular item among gift buyers during the upcoming Christmas season. The books included here are: Dreams of a Longing Heart, Homeward the Seeking Heart, and Quest for Lasting Love.
Published September 28th 1991 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published September 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Orphan Train West Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Orphan Train West Trilogy

Wayne S.
In the spring of 1890, three eight-year-old girls leave the Greystone Orphanage in Boston, MA, and head west on the “Orphan Train.” Exuberant Zephronia Victorine Todd (Toddy) is left by her actress mother. Dainty and beautiful Laurel Vestal is placed at Greystone when her loving, gravely ill mother enters a sanitarium. And Kathleen (Kit) Ternan, along with her younger brother and baby sister, is abandoned by her grieving, widowed father. All three girls end up in Meadowridge, a small town somew ...more
Amanda
A re-read from when I was a young girl... maybe 15 years on, re-reading it was a joy and pleasure. There is so much heart felt emotion and struggle and so much innocence as well. Wish there was more emotion built between the three girls, but as individual stories these books are all 5 stars.
Rosa Cline
This is a really neat story of three orphans who became friends on an Orphan Train. Each book highlights one girl and their adoptive families and lives. They incorporate the friends in each book. It helps the reader understand how the orphan trains were back in the day. But also you find yourself falling in love with these girls and wanting to reach into the book and telling them it will be okay.
Sandra
Great Christian based historical novel following the lives of 3 orphans in Boston in 1889 and their Orphan Train ride out west. The book follows their lives from being adopted up to 1907 or 1908 and how their lives progressed.
LeeAnn
I was totally unaware of this period of history. If I remember correctly, it takes place during the Great Depression of the 1930s and depicts the orphan train that transported orphans into homes out west. Because of that time, there are much tighter rules governing adoptions today. The trilogy covers three girls that became friends at the orphanage and are able to stay together until they can be placed at the same town. Then each story follows them into adulthood, contrasting their lives with ea ...more
Amy
This book is really a trilogy of three books. Each book is about a girl who came west on the orphan train in the 1800's to find a new family. The three different stories in the trilogy are about three friends, so their lives intertwine throughout each book, but you get a more detailed account of each girl's life in her own "book" in the trilogy. The stories and characters are each very different and you want the girls to have a happy ending. I have read this trilogy two or three times...and love ...more
Lee Margaret
Oh, I love this book series. My sister gave me the Orphan Train West Trilogy when I was like 13 or 14. I remember all three books. Excellent reading! I used to owned the whole thing until my house burned down with it.
Anne
Probably my favorite book growing up. :) I loved the stories and characters and how everything tied together. It just really spoke to me.
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Clair
Clair added it
Nov 14, 2014
Tanya Birman
Tanya Birman marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Susan
Susan added it
Oct 11, 2014
MAFO Read
MAFO Read marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Micaela
Micaela marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Erin
Erin added it
Sep 04, 2014
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Kalynn
Kalynn added it
Jul 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Jane Johnson Peart of Asheville, North Carolina, Humboldt and Marin counties, California, and in recent years, Hawaii, passed away in 2007. She was the author of more than 60 works of suspense, historical fiction and romance, which touched the hearts and minds of thousands of readers whose correspondence she treasured. She wrote for the secular and Christian market, and is best known for the Bride ...more
More about Jane Peart...
Valiant Bride (Brides of Montclair, #1) Fortune's Bride (Brides of Montclair #3) Ransomed Bride (Brides of Montclair #2) Gallant Bride (Brides of Montclair #6) Folly's Bride (Brides of Montclair #4)