Start by marking “Mr. (Not Quite) Perfect” as Want to Read:
Mr. (Not Quite) Perfect

Jessica Hart

Mr. (Not Quite) Perfect

3.53  ·  Rating Details  ·  159 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
What do women really want?

Journalist Allegra Fielding has a problem. She's pitched a story to her boss--how to transform a not-so-perfect man into Prince Charming--and now she has to deliver! But where is she going to find a man willing to take part in a makeover? Time to blackmail her roommate, Max....

But Allegra's cunning plan backfires spectacularly when Max refuses to
Published January 1st 2014 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Mr. (Not Quite) Perfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. (Not Quite) Perfect

Desere
Mar 15, 2014 Desere rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So many times I have seen friends of mine in relationships were one or both wishes they could change something about the other. It ranges from as small as "I wish he would learn to remember to pick up the towels", or as big as " I wish she could learn to open up to me".

At the end of the day it comes down to time and patience. We need to focus on the good in the person and learn to overlook the imperfections. Yes in some cases the smaller imperfections are easier to push out of the way, but ther
Leona
Apr 29, 2016 Leona rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hqn-presents
ok. average
Lynn Spencer
Feb 08, 2014 Lynn Spencer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: category-romance
I think I just found a contender for 2014's Best Category Romance. Mr. (Not Quite) Perfect mixes lighthearted romantic comedy and emotional angst almost perfectly to create a story that held my attention from beginning to end. Not many books will manage to both make me laugh out loud and get teary, but this one manages it.

Living in the shadow of her reknowned journalist mother doesn't come easy for Allegra Fielding. She struggles to win her mother's approval but heavyhitting political writing ju
Caz
Yes. I read a contemporary. I’m just as shocked as you are! :P

Actually, this is where the “challenge” part of a reading challenge comes into play, because it made me pick up a book in a genre I don’t read much any more. I admit, I have probably welched on it to some extent though, because the book I picked up was a) something a couple of my AAR colleagues rated very highly, so I was pretty sure I’d like it, and b) a category romance, which meant it was something I could whip through in a couple
Andyg.
Oct 17, 2014 Andyg. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The perfect boyfriend, it turns out, can fix our cars and dance without looking like a total dork. He looks good and he’ll get rid of that spider in the shower. He’ll sit through a romcom without complaining and be strong enough to literally sweep us off our feet when required.-She leant beseechingly towards him and Max found himself snared in the big eyes. Funny how he had never noticed before how beautiful they were, or how green, the lovely dark mossy green of a secret wood...Secret wood? Max ...more
Mariel
Sep 20, 2015 Mariel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ni sé qué decir. En un momento super dramático, donde la protagonista se entera quién es su padre, me empecé a reír de forma histérica porque justo ahí, justo ese momento, completó todo el cliché en una novela romántica. Hermano de la mejor amiga sin departamento que se va a vivir con ella. Sexy, aclaremos. Relaciones amorosas malas. Una madre que no la comprende. Un padre que la abandona. Una protagonista que no cree que sea perfecta para el hombre que quiere. Un protagonista que de un momento ...more
Angela Noviana
Allegra adalah seorang jurnalis yang mendapatkan kesempatan menulis sebuah kolom mengenai cara-cara mengubah seorang pria yang tidak sempurna menjadi sempurna. Sayangnya dia tidak menemukan korban dan tiba-tiba tercetus ide untuk menggunakan Max sebagai objek penulisannya.

Awalnya Max menolak, tapi Allegra mengancam pria satu ini serta memberikan rayuan "Siapa tahu mantanmu tertarik lagi padamu." Dan dimulailah aksi mengubah Max yang berpakaian ala kadarnya menjadi Max yang sempurna.

Seiring perub
Tropical Sorbet
Jun 06, 2014 Tropical Sorbet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 I loved this book. Friends to lovers are my favorite. Also, when a couple are opposites as is the case with Max and Allegra. I highly recommend this one. Very fun read.
Gail
This is one of those books where one party starts off to remake the other party and winds up making themselves over. I didn't much care for the heroine, who was determined to makeover her roommate's engineer brother, in the beginning. The brother --the hero-- is one of those logical types who got engaged out of practicality and is surprised when she breaks up wanting more. The heroine wants to remake him in order to write a magazine article in order to impress her journalist mother, who has appa ...more
Cheryl M-M
Jan 03, 2014 Cheryl M-M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever wondered what it would be like if you could change all the imperfections on your not quite so perfect man?
Allegra decides to take that challenge for an article she is writing. Her unfortunate victim is plain old fuddy dudddy Max, her best friends brother.
Allegra hasn't really thought her plan through properly and when Max starts looking rather yummy she gets second thoughts, especially when other women start looking at him as if he is a chocolate eclair on two legs.
Max is being a
Ali Williams
Dec 19, 2013 Ali Williams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this idea of a not-so-perfect hero. Of course we know, even if it does take Allegra forever to realise it, that Max is utterly perfect for her. The concept of creating the perfect man though, does raise some interesting issues.

In some ways this works as an inverted My Fair Lady, with Allegra as a zany Professor Higgins, just as densely attempting to reinvent someone who is perfect just as they are. We forget sometimes that there is pressure on men to be the idealised version of manhood th
Megan Readinginthesunshine
Oh how I love Modern Tempted books – they’re always so exciting and I’m always surprised by them in such a great way. The BEST thing about them is that you never know what to expect and so it is always a fun ride!

Allegra Fielding is a journalist who has just pitched a story to her boss – How to turn a not-so-perfect man into Prince Charming! It’s a fantastic idea…but then she has to deliver on it! With no idea on where to locate and convince a man into a huge makeover, Allegra decides to use Max
Linniegayl
Feb 23, 2014 Linniegayl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lynn gave this a DIK review at All About Romance (A-) and called it a contender for Best Category Romance of 2014 in AAR's Annual Reader Poll.

I was intrigued enough by her review to read it and think, if possible, I like it even more than she did. I adore Allegra and Max (and he's such a different hero) and found their story thoroughly engaging). The only bad part? I wanted to read more about them. Jessica Hart is definitely on my radar now.
Catie
Apr 17, 2014 Catie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Not my normal fare, but I saw Caz's rave review and thought I'd give it a go. Thoroughly enjoyed it and will look out for more by Jessica Hart. She has that Crusie touch and I can't give higher praise than that.
Robyn Rychards
Apr 14, 2014 Robyn Rychards rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story of friends to lovers! Jessica Hart once again delivers a lovely romance with a heroine and hero you're rooting for. Highly recommend this read to anyone who enjoys a sweet category romance read.
Karla
3.5

I liked the characters and the writing. The story was good, I just wanted a bit more -- more detail and more time with the characters.
Whe Garcia
I like it because its believable. Though making Max dress in buttoned up shirts seemed like a stretch with him having a sister, that's friends with Allegra for the longest time. I myself will not let my brothers dress themselves like a dork if I could help it.
Karen
Kim
Jan 22, 2015 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very cute story!! I very much loved Allegra's fun and fashionable personality!! very very good read!!!
Sandra R
Mar 05, 2016 Sandra R rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It felt so real and was beautifully written.
Tirta (I Prefer Reading)
Salah satu 'oleh-oleh' dari acara ultah BBI kemarin. Terjemahan lumayan enak :)
June
Jan 12, 2014 June rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable story about the girl wanting the perfect man while her own life is anything but.

Loved the characters and how they pushed and nudged each other into trying new and different things to find out who they really were. And what a perfect ending. The perfect man (or woman) is the one who wants their mate to be happy!
Sedoo Ashivor
May 05, 2015 Sedoo Ashivor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another good one from the Harlequin Kiss series. Very enjoyable.
Naiu Herondale
Mar 15, 2015 Naiu Herondale rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
que buen libro! como me mata cuando las protas son tan taradas xD
Karen Kirst
Jul 22, 2014 Karen Kirst rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unique characters. Riveting romance. A keeper!
Bungluna
Feb 08, 2014 Bungluna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: category
Nice characters and emotional depth.
Joji
Jan 07, 2015 Joji rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Karen
Jan 30, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review Posted on HarlequinJunkie.com

Max is still a little stunned by the abrupt way his ex dumped him. They were perfect for each other, but apparently she needed to be swept off her feet. She didn’t cheat on him, but definitely got ‘swept away’ from their relationship. So he retreats to his sisters place to recoup. She’s away on business, so he’ll be bunking in with their long-time friend, Allegra. Read More
Nikki
Jun 16, 2014 Nikki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick and easy read!
mayra
Un libro entretenido, nada que fuera extremadamente bueno, pero si para pasar el rato.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Reunion Lie
  • Romance For Cynics
  • Only the Brave Try Ballet
  • Secrets & Saris
  • The Taming of a Wild Child (LaBlanc Sisters #2)
  • How to Get Over Your Ex (Valentine's Day Survival Guide duet)
  • What the Bride Didn't Know (The Wests, #3)
  • Maid of Dishonor (The Wedding Season, #3)
After a haphazard career spent working and travelling around the world, I stumbled into romance writing as a way to fund a PhD. My first book, A Sweeter Prejudice, came out in 1991, and since then I've written a further 59 books, some of which have won awards in the US and the UK.
I live in York, a historic city in the north of England, and waste the best part of my days planning trips away or on
More about Jessica Hart...