Start by marking “The Dance Off” as Want to Read:
The Dance Off

Ally Blake

The Dance Off

3.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  84 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
"Where are your leg warmers?"

Dancing lessons...? Hot-shot architect Ryder Fitzgerald can't think of anything worse! But he spots a silver lining in the form of smoking-hot Nadia Kent, who'll be teaching him his steps for his sister's wedding. Maybe this won't be so torturous, after all....

Nadia is staying well clear of Ryder--and never mind how jaw-droppingly hot he is. Sh
Published January 1st 2014 by Harlequin (first published December 17th 2013)

Robyn Rychards
Jan 08, 2014 Robyn Rychards rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has got to be my favorite Ally Blake to date. I am a sucker for a romance with a dancer as one of the main characters, so this book was an automatic read for me. However, the five star rating I'm giving it has nothing to do with the dancing aspect. That was an added bonus. I absolutely fell in love with Nadia and Ryder and their background became irrelevant. Not that the dance scenes weren't amazing. They were killer. A must-read for anyone who enjoys romantic fiction!
Ali Williams
Dec 19, 2013 Ali Williams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s been ten years since Ally Blake published her very first book, and that’s ten years packed with fun, sassy and delightful romances. The Dance Off is her 25th book for Mills & Boon, and I was totally psyched to see what she came up with.

Now, I’ve always been a little bit in love with dancing – especially when there’s handsome rugby players involved (oh Ben Cohen – next week’s Strictly Come Dancing final won’t be the same without you!!) – so having her heroine as a dance instructor was al
Cassandra O'Leary
Jan 13, 2014 Cassandra O'Leary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely fun and sexy read from Ally Blake, one of my favourite Australian romance authors. The story is set in my hometown of Melbourne, which is always a winner with me. The heroine, Nadia, is a dancer who specialises in burlesque and aerial styles and who had danced in a famous troupe in Las Vegas. Now home in Melbourne, recovering from the fallout of a ruined relationship and career, she is working as a dance teacher.

The hero, the dark and sexy Ryder, has been roped in to take dance lessons
Harlequin Books
"Blake entertains with clever dialogue, a well-paced story and lyrical descriptions as she immerses readers in a dancer's world". (RT Book Reviews) rated 4 stars
Nicola Marsh
Ally Blake's books are like snuggling under a doona on a chilly day: warm and soothing and just plain fun.

Thoroughly enjoyed this one.
Cheryl M-M
Jan 03, 2014 Cheryl M-M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Poor unsuspecting Ryder has no idea what is heading his way when he turns up for pre-wedding dance lessons. He is completely thrown by the tempestuous wild woman he meets. So much for bun-toting straight laced dance teachers. Nadia isn't exactly what Ryder was expecting.
Nadia isn't really interested in her plans being waylaid by a handsome devil of a man. She has plans for the future and doesn't intend to let anything or anyone get in the way of her goals. Hmm but darn it he sure does get under
Meetu
Jan 02, 2015 Meetu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. She storyline flew seamlessly. The heroine is a dancer. She is introduced to the hero by his matchmaking sister. As the heroine teaches the guy to dance they fall in love. Very sweet romance.
Lynn
I should have read up on this one a little more. I was looking for cute, sweet and fluffy and this was a very physically charged based romance. Not what I happened to be in the mood for and not really my thing.
Rilzy Adams
Jun 03, 2015 Rilzy Adams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Flirty and fun

It was a short, pleasant read with two characters I genuinely liked spending time with. It was a well enjoyed read.
J.L.
Jan 03, 2014 J.L. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a quick easy read. The heat between the two main characters is like a forest fire. Ryder and Nadia are both broken from bad parental role models so falling in love is a challenge. I can say I did not like how the book ended - Nadia ended of giving up her dream and when Ryder went to search for her in Las Vegas well for a rich guy he did not do much. The book is pure fantasy -- true Disney as everybody lives happily ever after.
Akhileshwari
Mar 06, 2014 Akhileshwari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5, it is a good book. I could connect with both the Hero and the Heroine. :)
Karen
Jan 30, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review Posted on HarlequinJunkie.com

Sam wants her brother, Ryder Fitzgerald to walk her down the aisle. He’s always been there for her, when their father wasn’t – so he was the logical choice. But of course that means they have a dance together at the reception. Ryder simply can’t go to a group lesson every week, but Sam manages to set up solo lessons on another night – and he just can’t find an excuse to get out of it. Read More
July
Not a full review but I have to ask:
What is with the heroes of romance novels roaring? Are they lions?
Hufsah
Mar 21, 2016 Hufsah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was intriguing and different from what ive been usually reading recently. x
Gail
Hero and heroine strike sparks off each other in good and bad ways from the very beginning. Good read.
Carla Cabrera
I wanted to like it but I found it to be slow and boring. I usually read a book cover to cover before I start another book but I had to stop and read something else before finishing this one. I liked the plot and thought it was written well (easy to follow and read). I liked dialog and it seemed slim on it. There was definite chemistry between Ryder and Nadia but i just felt it dragged on.
Carrie Courter
Carrie Courter rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2016
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Ericka
Ericka is currently reading it
Jul 06, 2016
Ns2np5
Ns2np5 added it
Jul 05, 2016
Marta
Marta marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Hilda
Hilda added it
May 30, 2016
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Ridding
Ridding marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Louise Sumner
Louise Sumner marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
  • Only the Brave Try Ballet
  • Beware of the Boss
  • The Reunion Lie
  • First Time for Everything
  • Last Groom Standing (The Wedding Season, #4)
  • The Rebound Guy
  • The One She Was Warned About
  • Her Man in Manhattan (Brannigan, #3)
Australian writer Ally Blake is a redhead, a footy fan, a devotee of the language of Aaron Sorkin; she is addicted to stationery and M&Ms, weak in the face of Italians and firefighters, married to a spectacular and ever-patient man, mum to three beings of pure delight, and a firm believer in love, luck, and fairies.
She is also a best-selling author with more than twenty-five fun, flirty romanc
More about Ally Blake...