Start by marking “Playful Little Penguins” as Want to Read:
Playful Little Penguins

Playful Little Penguins

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  98 ratings  ·  20 reviews
These playful little penguins love to play together in the snow and ice. Watch as they slide, swim, dive, splash, and even help a lost seal pup find its mother. At day's end, the tired little penguins return to their moms and dads and cuddle up for a cozy night's sleep.

The award-winning team of Tony Mitton and Guy Parker-Rees has created a truly irresistible package full o
Published October 30th 2007 by Walker Childrens

To ask other readers questions about Playful Little Penguins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playful Little Penguins

Angie
Kids liked it. Cute enough pictures and rhymes. Just nothing that really made it STAND OUT from the pack.
Kaethe
The penguins are currently playful, but since there's an odd mix of species and a leopard seal mom, and her harp seal baby, I think the author maybe doesn't know what he's writing about. And since the young penguin-fancier in the house reads a lot of nonfiction, the mistakes were glaring.
Erin
Follow playful penguins on their rhyming way throughout their day.

Good for preschool storytimes.
Jaymie Shook
My toddler loves seeing all the things the little penguins are doing in these illustrations!
Krissy Stoeger
good - i would read again
such a fun book
Sylvia
Loved it!
Cute, adorable, and sweet.
Kyra Hahn
Cute rhyming story about penguins
Erica
My kids love the beautiful illustrations and story.
LibraryLass
NZ edition: Perky little penguins.
Illustrations: Cute, lovely, colourful pictures.
Text: Simple, short sentences. Curvy writing. Rhyming story.
Age level: Suit 3+ group.
Nice story, not one I would enjoy reading to a group...not much opportunity to ham it up with the kids. Annoying change of language (for me)...mother seal goes from, Ma to Mama and then Mum.
Emily
This book is all about playful penguins and how they like to swim, jump, eat, sled, and just have fun. The playful penguins meet a sad little seal who they quickly comfort and become friends with. This book rhymes and uses lots of adjectives. It would be good to also read to students about including all friends in the class.
Amy
I liked Playful Little Penguins, and so did my niece and nephew, but it wasn't anything particularly special. Very standard children's fare. Certainly nothing wrong with it, but not much to write home about either.
Beth
Adorable rhyming story of infectiously cheerful penguins having fun, and cheering up a lost seal pup.

Good for older-preschool storytimes if the group isn't too large.
Paul
Congratulations may be due to the author for taking a subtle route in this poetic examination of the relationship between perkiness and extreme cold.
The Library Lady
I almost always love penguin books, and this one is a winner. Wonderful bouncy rhymes match the vibrant, exuberant penguins. Lots of fun!
Stephanie Wycihowski
adorable illustations and story! I love Tony Mitton.. a perfect read to a preschool class or storytime about penguins!
Lesley
The illustrations are big and colorful, but I didn't connect with the story.
Valerie
no, no, no! Too busy, no story. But penguins are such cute critters.
Rosa
Describe's the day of some penguins in rhyming pairs. Fun.
Luisa
Hah hah doesn't the author know that seals EAT penguins?
Funny.
Rachel
Penguins play and help a seal pup. Colorful illustrations, fun text.
Amy
Amy added it
Jan 29, 2015
Best Tobacconist
Best Tobacconist marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Angela
Angela added it
Dec 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Down by the Cool of the Pool Dinosaurumpus Spooky Hour Terrific Trains Amazing Airplanes