Start by marking “Playful Little Penguins” as Want to Read:
Playful Little Penguins

Playful Little Penguins

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  21 reviews
These playful little penguins love to play together in the snow and ice. Watch as they slide, swim, dive, splash, and even help a lost seal pup find its mother. At day's end, the tired little penguins return to their moms and dads and cuddle up for a cozy night's sleep.

The award-winning team of Tony Mitton and Guy Parker-Rees has created a truly irresistible package full o
Published October 30th 2007 by Walker Childrens

To ask other readers questions about Playful Little Penguins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playful Little Penguins

My daughter loved this book. She was entertained the whole time. Part of it was the cute little penguins on every page. She has recently enjoyed playing with penguin stuffed animals, so she seems to be liking penguins (which is partly why I picked this book up when I saw it at the library). But there were also several different pictures on each page and curved text and such that kept the pages interesting.

I thought this was a cute book. The penguins did fun things and the wording of the text was
Kids liked it. Cute enough pictures and rhymes. Just nothing that really made it STAND OUT from the pack.
The penguins are currently playful, but since there's an odd mix of species and a leopard seal mom, and her harp seal baby, I think the author maybe doesn't know what he's writing about. And since the young penguin-fancier in the house reads a lot of nonfiction, the mistakes were glaring.
Follow playful penguins on their rhyming way throughout their day.

Good for preschool storytimes.
Jaymie Shook
My toddler loves seeing all the things the little penguins are doing in these illustrations!
Krissy Stoeger
good - i would read again
such a fun book
Loved it!
Cute, adorable, and sweet.
Kyra Hahn
Cute rhyming story about penguins
My kids love the beautiful illustrations and story.
NZ edition: Perky little penguins.
Illustrations: Cute, lovely, colourful pictures.
Text: Simple, short sentences. Curvy writing. Rhyming story.
Age level: Suit 3+ group.
Nice story, not one I would enjoy reading to a group...not much opportunity to ham it up with the kids. Annoying change of language (for me)...mother seal goes from, Ma to Mama and then Mum.
This book is all about playful penguins and how they like to swim, jump, eat, sled, and just have fun. The playful penguins meet a sad little seal who they quickly comfort and become friends with. This book rhymes and uses lots of adjectives. It would be good to also read to students about including all friends in the class.
I liked Playful Little Penguins, and so did my niece and nephew, but it wasn't anything particularly special. Very standard children's fare. Certainly nothing wrong with it, but not much to write home about either.
Adorable rhyming story of infectiously cheerful penguins having fun, and cheering up a lost seal pup.

Good for older-preschool storytimes if the group isn't too large.
Congratulations may be due to the author for taking a subtle route in this poetic examination of the relationship between perkiness and extreme cold.
The Library Lady
I almost always love penguin books, and this one is a winner. Wonderful bouncy rhymes match the vibrant, exuberant penguins. Lots of fun!
Stephanie Wycihowski
adorable illustations and story! I love Tony Mitton.. a perfect read to a preschool class or storytime about penguins!
The illustrations are big and colorful, but I didn't connect with the story.
no, no, no! Too busy, no story. But penguins are such cute critters.
Describe's the day of some penguins in rhyming pairs. Fun.
Hah hah doesn't the author know that seals EAT penguins?
Penguins play and help a seal pup. Colorful illustrations, fun text.
Laura Vogt
Laura Vogt marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Amy added it
Jan 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Down by the Cool of the Pool Dinosaurumpus Spooky Hour Terrific Trains Amazing Airplanes