Start by marking “A Hollow Dream - Eternal Autumn” as Want to Read:
A Hollow Dream - Eternal Autumn

A Hollow Dream - Eternal Autumn

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  43 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Death has come for Aiden

On the last night of summer, a child's game has turned grim. Aiden has fallen and woken up to a terrible truth: he is dead.

Yet Death is Just the First Step

Fleeing through a tunnel between worlds, Aiden discovers others, those who have found sanctuary in a place beyond existence.

--Life is Cruel, Death is No Different--

Welcome to Eternal Autumn,
Published March 25th 2014 by Greywood Bay

To ask other readers questions about A Hollow Dream - Eternal Autumn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Hollow Dream - Eternal Autumn

Eustacia Tan
Jul 25, 2014 Eustacia Tan rated it it was amazing
Back when I was still living in Singapore, I was approached to review Forsaken by Andrew Van Wey. I loved, and raved over, it so much that I was given the opportunity to review A Hollow Dream of Summer's End. That was almost two years ago, so imagined how surprised I was to learn that there is a sequel to A Hollow Dream of Summer's End, and yay, I got a review copy for that too!

Without giving too many spoilers, Aiden from the first book has died. And now, he's in Everland, a world completely di
Doseofbella
Aug 13, 2014 Doseofbella rated it it was amazing
A Hollow Dream Eternal Autumn. By: Andrew Van Wey
Copy Courtesy of Librarything Review by: tk

If you enjoyed A Hollow Drem Summer's End, your going to love this.

Do you know if your dead, or does it take awhile to realize that your no longer with the living. This is Aidens thoughts as he continues on his adventure into the dark side. Aidens grandfather helps to guide him on to the next series of heart pounding, palm sweating adventures. Realizing he is in fact dead, Aiden searches for the answers o
Ana
Dec 03, 2014 Ana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone, without exception!
Shelves: r4r, fantasy, horror
Having just turned the last page, I am left with the bittersweet feeling that I end up with after finishing a really good book. Grateful for the experience but sad that it is over.

I am going to start with the

Negatives:

- A lot of spelling, grammar, syntax, etc errors.

- Some characters and plot could have been better developed/explained (I for one am hoping to see that happen in the sequel(s)

- At times I found it hard to feel fully engaged in the story because of the way the actions were being d
Grammar*Kitten
May 28, 2014 Grammar*Kitten rated it it was amazing
This was the second work by Andrew Van Wey that I picked up, the first being A Hollow Dream of Summer's End, the novella that leads into this book. Considering I enjoyed that immensely - and at times it made me sit back and think 'wow' - it's unsurprising that this novel really pushed my buttons.

Van Wey further elaborates on the world he introduces us to in the novella - I really would recommend reading it first, it's a great introduction to both character and premise - and weaves a rich and det
Melissa
Jul 16, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

This sequel is just as good as the first book. I enjoyed it very much. I have read maybe a total of ten horror books before this series and I find myself wondering if I missed out on a wonderful genre. But the more I thought about it I think it is this author. He has a way of creating a dark world that seems so realistic. You feel like you are living in the book and lose yourself in the pages.
Nev Murray
Jan 21, 2015 Nev Murray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favs, 2015, 400-500-read
This review can also be found on Gingernuts of Horror. Pop long there for a visit. Loads of things to read including reviews, articles and author interviews.

This review of A Hollow Dream – Eternal Autumn by Andrew Van Wey is the result of an ARC sent to Ginger Nuts of Horror in return for an honest review.

Please note this book is the second in the A Hollow Dream series, the first being A Hollow Dream Of Summer’s End. This review will have some connections to the first book which could be classed
Randy M.
Jul 31, 2014 Randy M. rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, reviewed
This full-fledged novel takes place immediately after the preceding novella, A Hollow Dream of Summer’s End, leaves off. In that opening story the child protagonist, Aiden Park, has suffered a tragic accident while on a final sleepover with his friends before the new school year begins. Unfortunately, this accident has taken Aiden’s life. We find out at the end of that novella that the horrific encounter faced by Aiden and his friends did not actually occur in this reality, but instead occurred ...more
Mathew Whitney
Apr 24, 2015 Mathew Whitney rated it liked it
I received this book through Goodreads' First reads program.

A Hollow Dream - Eternal Autumn is the second book in Andrew Van Wey's A Hollow Dream series, though it can be read as a stand-alone novel or as the first book in the series. If you intend to read A Hollow Dream of Summer's End, though, you should read that book first, as much of its story is given away by this novel.

Unlike the first book, this is more of a full-length novel, and though it has the same main character and follows almost
Casey Fairbairn
Aug 02, 2015 Casey Fairbairn rated it it was amazing
An incredibly imaginative and enjoyable series! Andrew Van Wey is a very talented writer: his characters' dialogues (especially the ones between the 'three amigos') are so on point that you can hear them in your mind as you are reading. He is also masterful at creating atmosphere - the sounds that don't quite belong, the light that looks just a little wrong, a shadow where none should be. These are used with a wonderful light hand, building to a crescendo that delivers. None of that 'in your ...more
April
Jul 14, 2014 April rated it really liked it

This is the second in a series! Though they do not have to be read in sequence, I found that had I read the first book first I would have understood the second much better. Even with that I thought this book was quite intriguing. To live multiple lifetimes in just a few moments and yet it still felt like lifetimes. The characters in this book are well defined and the story takes on multiple rides. There are several ahh haa moments and a few you will not even see coming! Very well written and qui
Elizabeth
Sep 05, 2014 Elizabeth rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, sci-fi
I felt like this book just dragged on and on for me. I was expecting this to be in more of the horror genre after reading the book before this, but this just became a predictable generic fantasy novel.
Garry Beuk
Garry Beuk rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2014
Leonardo De
Leonardo De rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2014
Eric
Eric rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Melen
Melen rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2015
Wendy Atlin
Wendy Atlin rated it did not like it
Aug 11, 2016
Stephanie McBarron
Stephanie McBarron rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
Stephanie Bell
Stephanie Bell rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2016
Rayne Millaray
Rayne Millaray rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2015
Destiny Santos
Destiny Santos rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2014
Marylynn
Marylynn rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2015
Tina
Tina rated it it was ok
Sep 08, 2016
Debra Ricci
Debra Ricci rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2015
Neil
Neil rated it really liked it
May 05, 2015
Irene
Irene rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2014
Conny
Oct 06, 2014 Conny rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-star-books
It was not what I was expecting.
I wish I did not go to the 'other side'...
Matt Schiariti
Matt Schiariti rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2015
Debra Darschewski
Debra Darschewski rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2014
Preston
Preston rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2015
Journie
Journie rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2015
  • Oubliette: A Forgotten Little Place
  • The Lee Avenue Haunting
  • Phobic (The Forbidden Doors, #1)
  • The Concrete Grove
  • The Third Floor (Angel Hill, #1)
  • The Caretaker: A Short Story
  • Something Wicked
  • Europa Journal
  • The Lake and 17 Other Stories
  • Death Springs Eternal (The Rift #3)
  • Nowhere Blvd.
  • Katherine's Journal (The von Strassenberg Saga, #2.5)
  • Our Haunted Lives: True Life Ghost Stories
  • Attic Clowns: Volume One
  • Ghost Swim
  • Ish - Getting the 'Ish Out in the Open (VOL I)
  • DOGGITUDE: What Dogs REALLY Think--In 17 Sassy Syllables
  • Eyes Like Sky and Coal and Moonlight
Andrew Van Wey was born in Palo Alto, California, spent part of his childhood in New England, and currently lives abroad where he doubts his sanity on a daily basis.

When he’s not writing he’s probably hiking, playing video games, or sleeping with the light on. He considers gelato and pizza to be a perfectly acceptable meal, and shorts to be business casual if paired with a scarf.

His girlfriend des
More about Andrew Van Wey...