Start by marking “Tea for Two, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Tea for Two, Vol. 1

Tea for Two, Vol. 1 (コイ茶のお作法 / Tea for Two / Koi Cha no Osahou #1)

3.96  ·  Rating Details ·  1,046 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Clumsy Tokumaru Madoka can't seem to go even five minutes without breaking something. When he ends up breaking his sister Nagomi's mirror, she's had the last straw! She forces him to join the Tea Ceremony Club to help out with the Culture Festival in spite of the hesitations of the club president Hasune Kazume. Composed and graceful, he is the exact opposite of the brash M ...more
Published May 13th 2008 by Blu (first published February 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Tea for Two, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tea for Two, Vol. 1

Heather
Jan 17, 2017 Heather rated it really liked it
I read this a loooong time ago, so glad I picked it up once more. My tastes run a little more raunchy than cute these days but this story made me smile.
Daesy
Apr 27, 2015 Daesy rated it it was amazing
Blak Rayne
Koicha No Osahou or Tea For Two by author Yaya Sakuragi doesn't have those flawlessly drawn characters that I've become accustomed to with other yaoi manga artists like Youka Nitta and Kazuma Kodaka. The front covers are great, but inside the black and white drawings lack. The art appears proportionally rough-around-the-edges. However, as the series continued, I found the art blossomed, as did the story. Yaya Sakuragi created a pair of loveable characters and, with the addition of a straightforw ...more
Sophie
I LOVE this series. I realized how much when I re-read this today and I just fell in love with the characters all over again.

(My most favorite part are probably the extras about Tokumaru and Hasune's sisters - I really wish there was an extra book about them.)

I just love Hasune's and Tokumaru's relationship - they're very different people, which can lead to misunderstandings and disappointments, but somehow they still manage to find a way past that in the end. I also like how they're both strug
Aoi
Apr 15, 2013 Aoi rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
It all starts when brash,loud and clumsy Tokumaru Madoka crosses a thin line & breaks his sister's mirror. Exasperated, she enrols him to the Tea Ceremony Club, presided over by the serene and calm Hasune Kazuma. In a clash of opposites, would they get along? Or even worse, would they fall in love?

I confess by the end of Vol 1, 'Tea for Two' was like any other opposites-attract yaoi oneshot. I'm glad I stuck to the series, because the manga is so much more than a conventional love story. Aft
Sophie
Sep 01, 2011 Sophie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, manga-bl, ifs
I loved this series! Because Tokumaru is a pretty unruly and clumsy student, his sister decides it would be a great idea if he joined the tea ceremony club. There he meets Hasune, and the two end up falling in love.

Even though it was a story about high school students, it felt pretty grown up. Sure, some of the problems the two have are high school problems, but their behavior overall felt more grown up (or maybe just saner) than some of the behavior of adults in other manga I've read. I liked t
Beck
May 30, 2010 Beck rated it really liked it
Let me start with the least important thing: I love that there's a side story about the sisters! (Already pegged Hasune as a hottie, and now I discover she has an inner cuteness radar).

I like the back-and-forth dynamic and chemistry between the two boys. I also like that Tokumaru looks sort of like a typical high school student or something: a slightly clueless, easily angered, mostly well-intentioned, kind of spacey, jock-ish type. I don't find that type particularly attractive, but it's nice t
Patty
Sep 14, 2013 Patty rated it it was amazing
I picked up a lot of Boys' Love/Yaoi manga on whims...some I like and some I'm like "meh". Personally...I love a challenging romance and character development--I'm not the one who reads a BL/Yaoi manga (or book) based on the amount of sex in it (as some people do).

This is a series I loved and was very happy that TokyoPop managed to get it all translated before they went under. It also made me a big Yaya Sakuragi fan, so I've been trying to pick up any of her manga (that I can find) that has been
78sunny
Dec 07, 2013 78sunny rated it it was amazing
Yaya Sakuragi ist und bleibt für mich die beste Mangaka überhaupt.
Inhaltlich konnte mich dieser Manga am Anfang nicht überzeugen, da es hauptsächlich um Teezeremonien ging, mit denen ich gar nichts anfangen konnte. Doch als es sich dann mehr auf die Beziehung der beiden Hauptprotagonisten konzentrierte, gefiel es mir dann wieder richtig gut.
Der Zeichenstil hat absoluten Wiedererkennungswert und das im positivem Sinn. Die Hände/Finger und Füße/Zehen sind sehr langgliedrig, aber mir gefällt das.
Reader17 Der
Mar 01, 2009 Reader17 Der rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yaoi-read
I really enjoyed this volume. In this volume you are introduced to the characters. It starts out with the Tokumaru being told by his sister that he has to join the Tea club since he is always breaking things. He is athletic and has lots of friends. He joins the club and meets Hasune the head of the club and from prestigous family. The are the exact opposite. Tokumaru is rough and likes to fight, and Hasune is cool and keeps it together.

That is what I enjoyed about this they are such opposite th
Fanelli
Apr 17, 2013 Fanelli rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This was pretty refreshing. I thought it was great that we finally get two guys who can both hold their own and don't need the other to constantly protect them. Fun read, not too heavy on the emotion but pretty cool.
Ann
Jun 06, 2011 Ann rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This is one of my favorite BL series. The romance happens with a minimum of angst, and the focus is more on their lives beyond their relationship, figuring out what they want to do and who they want to be, and finding support and inspiration from each other.
KimberlyRose
Yaya Sakuragi's stories are possibly the most adorable, smile-inducing, and feelz satisfying clench-my-poor-heart pathos stories ever. All of them. Seriously, this girl has nailed the balance.
2bnallegory
Jan 21, 2011 2bnallegory rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I love the art work of Sakuragi Yaya, very expressive with motion and expression. The story though is fun and funny.
Brittney Bower
Aug 28, 2013 Brittney Bower rated it it was amazing
well a man like him does not all ways have the best of control but it seems the leader of the tea club might just mellow him out.
Fortune
Fortune rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2012
Eka
Eka rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2014
Artemis
Artemis rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2013
Chuối
Chuối rated it it was ok
Apr 04, 2015
Alexandria
Alexandria rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2012
Jocelyn
Jocelyn rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2012
Blackrei
Blackrei rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2013
Lisa Jackson
Lisa Jackson rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2012
Siina
Siina rated it it was ok
Apr 15, 2012
Emina
Emina rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2015
Angel vanity
Angel vanity rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2016
Jasper
Jasper rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2014
Cát Hạ
Cát Hạ rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2015
Elinor Puranen
Elinor Puranen rated it liked it
May 18, 2016
Associated Names: 樱城 亚亚, 櫻城 耶也, 浦島, Urashima

Zodiac: Cancer
Name in native language: 桜城やや
Blood Type: A
More about Yaya Sakuragi...

コイ茶のお作法 / Tea for Two / Koi Cha no Osahou (5 books)
  • Tea for Two, Vol. 2