Start by marking “The Presence: What Happens When God Comes Near” as Want to Read:
The Presence: What Happens When God Comes Near

The Presence: What Happens When God Comes Near

Published September 1st 2014 by Tyndale Momentum

To ask other readers questions about The Presence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Presence

Gail Welborn
Sep 06, 2014 Gail Welborn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
***discover what it means to experience the awesome, yet very tangible presence of God***

Pastor Alec Rowlands, Westgate Chapel, Edmonds Washington, invites readers on "a quest to discover what it means to experience the awesome, yet very tangible presence of God" in his September 1 release, The Presence. Such spiritual encounters with the living God, he writes, "produces changed hearts, resulting in changed lives that bring glory and praise to God."

He speaks with the authority of personal expe
James
Dec 26, 2014 James rated it really liked it
Alec Rowlands had a childhood experience of God's presence while growing up King William's Town, South Africa. As an adult and as a pastor he wondered how to keep the vitality of that experience in his life and ministry. He then sets out on a journey through studying historic revivals, recovering his prayer life and giving his attention to the winds of the Spirit.

Today Rowlands is the senior pastor of Westgate Chapel in Edmonds, Washington and has a D.Min from Carey Theological College. In The P
Julie
Jan 22, 2015 Julie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
Do you believe that God is alive and working in this world of ours called Earth? Do you truly believe that? Or does God feel distant, not caring?The Presence by Alec Rowlands will encourage you and help you to realize that yes, God is alive and well! He loves you and me and His Spirit still moves upon the earth and changes lives.
Underneath the title says, "Experiencing More of God." Yes that is what I want for me! I want to continually draw closer to our precious Lord and Savior.

There are many r
Juanita
Sep 07, 2015 Juanita rated it liked it
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through Tyndale House book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

the presenceThe Presence: Experiencing More of God
by Alec Rowlands

The Presence explores different paths and beha
Nicki Olsen
Sep 15, 2014 Nicki Olsen rated it it was amazing
In Alec Rowlands book he shares his personal stories on some major "Jesus moments" in his life that drew him closer. He also shared how he got back to some of those points after some of the "newness, excitement,and closeness" seemed to fade into the background once again. In sharing his experiences, Alec gives readers a way to connect, to relate and understand how to get that feeling of nearness back.
It's the perfect book on how to get the ultimate experience of God's love and the "father relat
Jackie Wolfred
Sep 15, 2014 Jackie Wolfred rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Christ followers needing to know more
Recommended to Jackie by: My pastor and my church
"The Presence: What Happens When God Comes Near", by Alec Rowlands, is a wonderful, must-read book that will answer your questions and make clear how God works in our lives, and what it takes to get closer to Him. I can't recommend this enough!
Kevin Staley
Kevin Staley rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2015
Stephen Drew
Stephen Drew rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2015
Mike Conner
Mike Conner rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2015
Brian
Brian added it
Nov 26, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Tony Villatoro
Tony Villatoro marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Deb
Deb added it
Jun 09, 2015
RC
RC marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2015
Annette
Annette is currently reading it
Nov 05, 2015
Joe Best
Joe Best marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Austin Smith
Austin Smith is currently reading it
Sep 22, 2016
Malachi
Malachi marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
Seth Winterhalter
Seth Winterhalter is currently reading it
Oct 19, 2016
Laura Potter
Laura Potter marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2016