Start by marking “Silent Night / Holy Night” as Want to Read:
Silent Night / Holy Night

Silent Night / Holy Night (Rock Harbor)

'Tis the season for mystery and romance featuring characters from two of Colleen Coble's most popular series!

"Silent Night"

As Christmas day nears, Bree Matthews and her faithful search-and-rescue dog Samson follow the trail of a troubling mystery into the snowy forests of Rock Harbor.

Newlywed Bree Matthews and her husband Kade are preparing for Christmas guests when word a
Published October 14th 2014 by Thomas Nelson (first published October 7th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Silent Night / Holy Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silent Night / Holy Night

Rose
Nov 19, 2014 Rose rated it liked it
These two short stories come from two series Colleen Coble has authored but if you haven't read them (like me) you can follow easily. The genre is like Hallmark movie meets Murder She Wrote. It was an easy and light read if you are looking for something during the holidays that won't tax your brain.
Marklessgirl
Jun 17, 2016 Marklessgirl rated it really liked it
Shelves: sad-books
I have only read the first one but I really liked it!!!
Laura Drake
Dec 02, 2016 Laura Drake rated it liked it
This book includes two Christmas-y novellas. I liked the first one with the return of Bree Matthews, but I wasn't fond of the second novella. I think it would have been better if the main characters in the second novella spent less time agonizing about what the other thought.The book as a while is a quick read and entertaining.
Beth Mariner mortensen
I like how this author has a few short stories but in this book I didn't really like the last story... it didn't really hit me. First story was better but I enjoy the books where all the individual stories come together and this on didn't... disappointing.
Victor Gentile
Nov 14, 2014 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing
Colleen Coble in her new book “Silent Night * Holy Night” published by Thomas Nelson gives us two Christmas Novellas featuring Bree Matthews and Leia Kahale.

From the back cover: ‘Tis the season for mystery and romance featuring characters from two of Colleen Coble’s most popular series Rock Harbor and Aloha Reef!

Silent Night

Newlywed Bre
Rebecca
Sep 07, 2016 Rebecca rated it it was amazing

Two short novellas that are based of of previous series that are set
during the holiday season. I just couldn't put it down. If you like fast-paced Christian suspense mixed with just enough romance, then your in for a treat.

The first novella, Silent Night, was based off the Rock Harbor series. With a setting along the Lake Superior shore, it is a perfect spot for a wintery Christmas story. It was so nice being able to catch up with Bree Matthews once again. This time Bree and her dog, Samson, go
Genova
Dec 08, 2015 Genova rated it did not like it
This book was definitely not anything I'd recommend to others. I appreciate the value of writing a book and the time / energy and dedication that it takes to create characters and plots on a page, but this was a no-no for me.
The story is poorly written and reads much like a sappy hallmark meets trashy romance novel. There wasn't much substance to the characters and I really thought that the storyline was weak. This was listed as inspirational fiction at my library, but I didn't find any major in
Linda
Two unrelated short stories that take place at Christmas.

Of the two stories I liked Silent Night the best. Bree Matthews is a member of a search and rescue team along with her dog Samson. As company begins to arrive, first her irresponsible sister-in-law, Laurie, who is never happy with anything, Bree is called out on a search for a parachutist who has disappeared in a wooded area. Bree and her husband, Kade, learn all too soon that Laurie is involved with this parachutist somehow.............in
BlueJeansAndTeacups
Feb 01, 2015 BlueJeansAndTeacups rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: none
Silent Night – Holy Night
Colleen Coble

•o•:*:•.I could leave it.•:*:• o•

2 Novellas in one book. I did not enjoy these. Book #1 is based on former characters from an older series apparently. Not a lot of faith or substance in this modern day story.
Book #2 I gave up after 2 chapters. When I have to ask, “Why am I reading this?”, I realize I can make better use of my time.
I found it sad, because I really enjoyed the Mercy Falls, Lightkeeper series by this author.

I do not recommend this book.

1 out
Nov 17, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it
SILENT NIGHT is a totally cute romantic suspense novella, set around Ms. Coble's wildly popular Rock Harbor series. I enjoyed catching up with Bree, Kade, and Laurie, and the other residents of Rock Harbor. The mystery was short, but this is a novella, so it was just right. If you love romantic suspense, then pick up a copy of SILENT NIGHT today.

HOLY NIGHT is a Christmas set novella based on Ms. Coble’s popular Aloha Reef series, set in Hawaii. I enjoyed this story. It was a quick read. I didn’
Raven Haired Girl
Dec 26, 2015 Raven Haired Girl added it
Shelves: 2015
Visit Raven Haired Girl for more reviews & giveaways

I enjoyed the messages of both stories along with the Christmas theme. I’m also a fan of Christian fiction so the light spiritual aspect is appreciated. Silent Night focused on ungratefulness, searching for a purpose, patience, greatest hope coming true. Holy Night addressed the vulnerability of those with Down syndrome, forgiving, trust, love, overcoming childhood trauma.

I’m not a fan of the writing or the narrative, both lack puissance, f
Jessica Kaufman
Mar 01, 2015 Jessica Kaufman rated it it was ok
two very quick reads. I know they're quick "mystery" type stories, but I do wish things were a little more in depth. one thing I really did not like about both stories are how during pretty intense situations (looking for the kidnapper) the couple all of a sudden go into this deep conversation with their feelings for eachother or wedding plans. It's just that sort of stuff is said during the wrong time. pretty sure if I'm on a chase to catch my sisters kidnapper I wouldn't turn to my boyfriend ...more
Podaire
Apr 19, 2016 Podaire rated it it was ok
Easy quick read. One novela set in Alaska, the other Hawaii. Interesting contrasts with drama for in both books. I took it on a trip and enjoyed the two short stories because it I did not have to concentrate to get the plot and story line.
Lisa
Both of these are great Christmas stories from Colleen Coble. It was nice catching up with folks from previous series.
Quin
Dec 26, 2014 Quin rated it really liked it
As usual Colleen Cobble has written straight to the heart of her readers. The two short stories included in this novella are packed with action. Which is one of the things we love about her stories.
Angela
Nov 29, 2015 Angela rated it really liked it
Silent Night kept me on my toes. I'm very interested in reading the Rock Harbor series of books.

Holy Night was good but not as intense.
Brad Baker
Jan 06, 2016 Brad Baker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short but sweet

This particular book by Colleen Coble has two stories. They were definitely shorter than her usual mysteries but they were still suspenseful.
Dec 16, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing
5 stars because it was really good & because it goes along great with 2 series by her that I loved. I read them both a long time ago & was able to remember the other books.
Shawna Hansen
Dec 19, 2015 Shawna Hansen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two short and fun Christmas mysteries. Kick back bushfires, relax and enjoy. Both stories are great, but I have a weakness for warm climates for the holidays.
Leslie
Leslie rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Vicki L
Vicki L rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
Vicki
Vicki rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2015
Gaylinn
Gaylinn rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2014
Louise E.
May 27, 2016 Louise E. rated it really liked it
2 books in one. Silent Night wasn't that good. Holy Night was an excellent story.
Louann Syler
Louann Syler rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2016
Peggy Brown
Peggy Brown rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2014
Joann
Joann rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2014
Olive Breece
Olive Breece rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2015
Tamar
Tamar rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2015
Nancy
Nancy rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Yuletide Angel
  • Cozy Christmas
  • One December Night
  • The Nutcracker Bride (12 Brides of Christmas #2)
  • Christmas Gifts: Small Town Christmas\Her Christmas Cowboy (The Cowboy Series, #9)
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside
  • A Pioneer Christmas Collection
  • Love Finds You in Frost, Minnesota (Love Finds You)
  • Love Finds You Under the Mistletoe
  • The Advent Bride (The 12 Brides of Christmas, #1)
  • A November Bride (A Year of Weddings, #12)
  • Christmas at Harmony Hill (Shaker, #5.5)
  • A Light in the Window: An Irish Christmas Love Story
  • Love Finds You at Home for Christmas (Love Finds You)
  • Quilted by Christmas (Quilts of Love)
  • Merry Humbug Christmas: Two Tales of Holiday Romance
  • One Wish in Manhattan
  • A Christmas Peril (The Teacup Novellas #5)
USAToday bestselling author Colleen Coble lives with her husband, Dave, in Indiana. She is the author of dozens of novels including the Rock Harbor Series, the Aloha Reef Series, the Mercy Falls Series, the Hope Beach Series, the Lonestar Series and two Women of Faith fiction selections, Alaska Twilight and Midnight Sea. She has more than 2 million books in print.
More about Colleen Coble...

Rock Harbor (6 books)
  • Without a Trace (Rock Harbor Series #1)
  • Beyond a Doubt (Rock Harbor Series #2)
  • Into the Deep (Rock Harbor Series #3)
  • Abomination (Rock Harbor Series #4)
  • Cry in the Night (Rock Harbor Series #5)
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor)