Start by marking “Paying the Ferryman: A Naomi Blake British Mystery (Naomi Blake, #10)” as Want to Read:
Paying the Ferryman: A Naomi Blake British Mystery (Naomi Blake, #10)

Paying the Ferryman: A Naomi Blake British Mystery (Naomi Blake #10)

Victor Griffin seemed to be one of the good guys, but that didn t stop someone coming to his home and killing him and his wife. The last act of Vic s life was to try and save his children: fifteen-month-old Jack, and his beloved stepdaughter, Sarah.

But why were Vic and his wife shot dead? Why is there no record of them before they came to live in Ferrymouth three years ago
Published December 1st 2014 by Severn House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Paying the Ferryman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paying the Ferryman

Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
This is the first book in this series I have read, for me it read fine as a stand alone novel, I am unsure if reading the prior books would have added anything more to this reading experience.

For me this was quite an average read, crime is my most read genre so I read a lot in this category therefore have a lot to compare to. I found it a very even paced plot, but at times it lulled so much that I was losing the ability to stay interested. A bit more pace would have been good, the beginning of
John Johnstone
Sep 24, 2014 John Johnstone rated it really liked it
Firstly before saying how entertaining the book was Jane Adams has tackled the thorny issue of domestic abuse / violence. She has painted a horrifying picture of the circle of violence a couple can get into and importantly how it affects their children physically and mentally. If this mirrors reality and I have no reason to doubt it then the message is clear, something has to change.

This is a Naomi Blake mystery but she is only in the background as a consultant. The main character is Inspector R
Kate Baxter
Suspenseful British police procedural; eighth book in the Naomi Blake mystery series. This is one of those few times where the reader would probably benefit well by reading the previous installments in the series. There were relationships hinted at that left one wondering how they may have evolved to this point in the story. This story also appears to be a pivotal launch for a possible new series. Detective Inspector Steel is certainly a more prominent investigator than former police officer, ...more
April
Feb 27, 2015 April rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This next installment in the Naomi Blake series features a family from the last case Naomi covered before she went blind. In it, a woman in a program to help spouses escape from abuse, has gone on the run (under Naomi's prodding) with her little girl. Fast forward about a decade, and the mother is remarried to a good father, the girl is a teenager, and she has a little baby half-brother. They all seem quite happy, until the parents are murdered in their home and the girl greatly injured trying ...more
Christi Poulsom
Mar 20, 2016 Christi Poulsom rated it it was ok
Oh dear. After a very promising prologue, afraid I found this so confusing and uninvolving. I did understand who half the characters were, and did not care about the ones I did. Who on earth was Gregory? Why did the police / ex-police pass info to him? I gave up towards the end and skimmed - sometimes this encourages me to read the last few chapters properly but not in this case.
Louise Armstrong
Apr 01, 2016 Louise Armstrong rated it it was ok
I should know by now that Severn House publish seriously average books. This one felt as though it got its criminals from a jumble sale and the police from the village hall.
Sandra
Sandra rated it liked it
May 24, 2015
Sandy
Sandy rated it liked it
Martyn Carey
Martyn Carey rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2016
Bob
Bob rated it really liked it
Judy Parker
Judy Parker rated it liked it
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2015
G Rector
Mar 04, 2016 G Rector rated it liked it
As the series progresses we see less and less of Naomi and Alex.
Cathryn
Cathryn rated it really liked it
May 09, 2015
Laura C
Laura C rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2015
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2014
scherzo♫
scherzo♫ rated it liked it
William Peet
William Peet rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2015
Deborah Butman
Deborah Butman rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2015
G Rector
G Rector rated it really liked it
Terri Rowe
Terri Rowe rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2015
Tezz.C
Tezz.C rated it liked it
Carol Barker
Carol Barker rated it it was ok
Mar 04, 2015
Kerry
Kerry rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2015
Richard Stableford
Richard Stableford rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2015
Janice Murray
Janice Murray rated it liked it
Anne Wall
Anne Wall rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2015
Mikebee
Mikebee rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Martyn Carey
Martyn Carey rated it it was amazing
Roslyn
Roslyn rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2015
Some of her early books were published under the name of Jane Adams. This should not be confused with this Jane Adams who is a different author.
More about Jane A. Adams...

Naomi Blake (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Mourning The Little Dead (Naomi Blake, #1)
  • Touching The Dark (Naomi Blake, #2)
  • Heatwave (Naomi Blake, #3)
  • Killing A Stranger (Naomi Blake, #4)
  • Legacy Of Lies (Naomi Blake, #5)
  • Blood Ties (Namoi Blake, #6)
  • Night Vision (Naomi Blake, #7)
  • Secrets (Naomi Blake, #8)
  • Gregory's Game: A Naomi Blake British Mystery (Naomi Blake, #9)
  • A Murderous Mind: A Naomi Blake British Mystery