Another Kind of Love

Another Kind of Love

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The moment Laura Garraway shares a forbidden kiss with beautiful Hollywood starlet Ginny Adams, she discovers the missing piece of herself. When fame-hungry Ginny won't leave her powerful movie star lover, Saundra, Laura runs away to New York's comforting bright lights, desperate to forget her. There, in the cigarette-and-martini-drenched gay bars of the Village, and the o...more
Published November 1st 2003 by Kensington (first published 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Another Kind of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Another Kind of Love

Lissa
It's always difficult to review these old pulp novels, because they are definitely a product of their time. The misogyny and homophobia (even coming from the lesbian characters) can be off-putting, but I look at them as historical documents. It's amazing that such work was even published in the 1950s and 1960s.

There are two novels published in this collection: Another Kind of Love, and Love is Where You Find It.

ANOTHER KIND OF LOVE

Laura Garraway is having an affair with her boss, an unhappily m...more
Rory
I loved this book... I'll be honest--I bought this novel based off the cover art and scandalous feel--I didnt know anything about the author or even the lesbian pulp genre. But I totally loved the two novels in this collection because they were solidly written, with interesting characters and though I could take or leave the sadness of the tone--I was willing to accept that since it was two books written in 1961.

It wasnt going to be pretty or sympathetic.

But it is a valuable and interesting wind...more
Heron
A good book - very sweet and tender. Surprisingly well written. If you like middle-20th-century-lesbian-romance, this is the book for you.
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Jen
Jen added it
Apr 25, 2014
Meagan
Meagan marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 11, 2013
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
Bkepub
Bkepub added it
Apr 23, 2013
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2013
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2012
Pepper
Pepper marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2012
Traci
Traci marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2012
Lori
Lori added it
Jul 07, 2012
Sofia
Sofia marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2011
Jess
Jess added it
Feb 21, 2011
Kchat
Kchat marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2008
Twilight Girls The Other Side of Desire Love Is Where You Find It Edge of Twilight Cruise