Start by marking “Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People (Captain Underpants, #8)” as Want to Read:

Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People (Captain Underpants #8)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  5,028 ratings  ·  142 reviews
The eighth book in Dav Pilkey's mega-bestselling Captain Underpants series. Now with super-cool foil covers! Shiny! Fun!

When we last saw George and Harold, they were about to take their pet pterodactyl Crackers back to the Cretaceous period. But things didn't work out quite as they had hoped. They've entered an absurd alternate reality where teachers are nice, kids are all
Published September 1st 2006 by The Blue Sky Press (first published August 15th 2006)

Camicastillo11
This is the last book opf the collection and is about that their are two harolds two Jorges and two Captain Underpants but the clones (boyus) are bad and captain underpants good and in the "real"world is viseversa so is very funny and confussing read it !!
Jamie
George LOVES these books. When I described the star rating system to George he said "I guess 4 stars cause I like it and 5 cause I love it".
Ch_jank-caporale
Self-proclaimed "cool kids" Harold and George, hypnotize their mean Principal, Mr. Krupp, and convince him he has an alter-ego as Captain Underpants! In this eighth adventure, author Dave Pilkey has the Purple Potty time machine malfunction and George and Harold must face their own mean alter-egos, mean George and Mean Harold, who kidnap their treasured pets: Crackers and Sulu. Mass craziness ensues.
The most redeeming aspect of the book comes at the opening of chapter 2 in an explanation of grow
Megan Kaeb
I never thought I'd let my kids read Captain Underpants. Then my boys had a hard time finding books they liked and they grabbed one off the library shelf and I went with it because at least they were reading. And then I read it and learned that my gut reaction to Captain Underpants was correct.

I really don't want my boys reading Captain Underpants. To give this series a few props, it is incredibly creative and fun. I totally get why they are so popular. But they are also full of "potty words" an
Daniel O.
THE BEST CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS BOOK YET.george and herold use thier time machine but something bad happens theey teloported into a world where the teacher's are nice and no villians in sigth and mr.krupp is nice but they met mean and evil clones of themselves and that Mr.krupp ends up to be the WORST villian yet he is CAPTAIN BLUNDERPANTS.the evil george and herold stolen sulu and crackers and sulu turn into a big monster will the real captain underpants save the world and will george and his best ...more
Oliver
It was awesome!!! So, George, Harold, Sulu and Crackers went in the purple potty time machine 2 days in a row even when in the last book Mr Melvin told them not too, or something bad would happen, and because they did that they appeared in an alternate dimension where the teachers were nice and Harold and George were mean. And instead of Captain UnderPants, there was Captain BlunderPants, a villain. When George and Harold went back to their dimension, Nice Mr Krupp, and mean Harold and George ca ...more
Griffin

Awesome awesome awesome
Nael P.
started june 8 ended june 15

Pilkey,Dav (pp 175)Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the purple potty people (Scholastic inc.) New york

Not again? What have they gotten themselves into. This looks like a job captainunderpants cant do alone this time. DAHDAHDAHDAAAAHHHHH now its time for george,harold,sulu and crackers to join in some action. Its time to show you guys this fun filled journey to another dimension. Its going to be good.

One day this brainiac Melvin showed up and made a ti
Colleen
Okay, Captain Underpants fans - another fun one and we're back to the potty humor! I love the TRUE introduction about "those wacky grown ups" and how they "spend the first two years of their children's lives trying to make them walk and talk...and the next sixteen years trying to get them to sit down and shut up." Pilkey also reverts back to fantastic potty humor with a look at potty training and how paretns are all down with poo the first few years of life, cheering their kids on everytime they ...more
Dolly
Feb 26, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read graphic novels
This is another hilarious book in the Captain Underpants series by Dav Pilkey. Our girls really like these books and insist on reading them independently (so I don't have the excuse that I read the book with them, but I enjoyed reading it, too!) The humor is quite juvenile and the storyline is very predictable, but we all really liked it. Our girls especially like the Flip-O-Rama pages and often argue over who gets to read the book first.

All in all, I find these stories to be very entertaining
Jennifer Bagazin
I was very amused and entertained while reading this book. Even though it's target audience was obviously kids below my age bracket, but its got humor that suits both age gaps. I found it really amusing that Dav Pilkey would attack himself as a writer when a character in the book said "No way. That kind of thing only happens in poorly written children's stories whose authors have clearly begun runnig out of ideas!" It was hilarious. I also liked the plot of the story, where an Evil Harold and Ge ...more
Jerome
A more enjoyable Underpants tale: George and Harold plan to travel back in time but enter into a bizarre alternate reality where the opposite of their own world is always true (the teachers are nice, the cafeteria food is good, etc.) And George and Harold’ evil twins show up and create villain dubbed Captain Blunderpants.

Funny and intriguing.
Nicola Mansfield
Dav Pilkey does it again! He continues with his usual tropes as expected but like last book manages to keep them fresh; for instance the switching of letters on the sign doesn't happen until after the "before I tell that story I must tell this story" bit. I love this book. Pilkey is back in perfect form! The kids go to an alternate world where everything in their lives is backwards. Added to the story is their grandparents who accidentally drink the last of the super juice creating Boxer Boy and ...more
Indah Threez Lestari
637 - 2013

#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 20 Maret 2010.

Aku kira seri Kapten Kolor sudah berakhir di buku tujuh, tapi ternyata salah, cerita yang menggantung di buku tujuh ternyata bersambung ke sini. Hm... baguslah, tidak penasaran karena nasib George dan Harold yang tidak jelas.

Tapi ternyata... di akhir buku ini tamatnya dibuat menggantung lagi, dengan muncul kembalinya musuh lama, Profesor Puppi P. Pupipet, yang nama terakhirnya kini jadi Tippy Tinkletrousers (yang en
Rachel
This book is very basic and babyish so I would avoid reading this American trash!The story line is very stupid and unrealistic:

Two dudes called George and Harold make a stupid comic book about their 'story' so far while travelling in a so called toilet time machine with their bionic hamster and a pterodactyl(Erm...Hello!)
they meet their evil clones and get into a big pointless fight with their enemies.

Then Captain(wets his pants)goes off in a mardy and doesn't save the day
and then some old grann
Swankivy
I have to say that while on the front it advertises "Evil," "Horror," and "Laffs," the only actual "horror" I saw was the description of two people in their eighties sloppily kissing each other. Weirdly, one of the other books advertises "Romance! Just kidding!" on the cover, yet this one mentions nothing and it does sort of have romance! Besides that, the hypnotized evil bionic hamster, the description of how adults are bonkers, and the pretend violence that you animate yourself by flipping the ...more
Alexia Alston
this book that im reading write now is very good its getting better and better while im reading it. the book is about harold and george discover a invection and were there school is at the teachers are very mean.im finish the book now at the end there grandparents help them try and kill the principle from the other world and i think that other people should read the book because its very intersceting. im going to try and get another captain underpants book . they boys from the other world was me ...more
Tandie
My three sons have all loved reading these Captain Underpants books. Even my husband laughed when he read the to the kids. I remember my grandmother Barbara, who used to be a school teacher, complaining about these 'disgusting books for kids'. I gave my kids that look that communicates "Say NOTHING!" I'm sure it's completely unacceptable for many of her generation & I respect her feelings.

What can I say? We appreciate potty humor at our house. These books made my boys laugh & want to rea
Melody Richardson
This book is absolutely hilarious. My little brother used to collect the series. It was funny when I saw a little boy in my first grade class reading the same. This book is great for early readers because the words are not too difficult but they're certainly very funny. There are a lot of time twisters which can be difficult for the younger students but it also helps them learn to pronounce their words properly. This book is probably not the best for read aloud but definitely good for guided rea ...more
Sam
Probably the best of all the Captain Underpants books. If you think that one Captain Underpants is better than two, YOU'RE WRONG, bub! Two waistband warriors are WAY better than one, and we'll have a whole story of examples to show you! Clever writing, darkly humorous action, and plenty of laughs along the way, this book will appeal to all who love good and evil heroes flying in underwear, gigantic monstrous hamsters, and tomfoolery-terminating grandparents in their underwear.
Jj
The boys had alot of trouble in this book. They had their own little twins to deal with and they had evil boss and invaders trying to take over the planeted. It was very interesting books to read. Like I always say, I am in love with the Flip a Roma. It is a fast easy read and for me it takes me baby an hour or 45min to finish it. If I read straight through with no intruptions. Lol. So I love it.....can't wait to read more Pikey books.
Aj Degrate
this book was recomended by my 6th grade teacher. It is about two boys who write comics about their mean principle. Everytime they snap he turns into Captin Underpants and fights crime."TRAAA-LAAAAAAA-LAAAAAAA" because its what Captine Underpants says when he turns into a super hero. Its is funny and creative. He grabs the readers attention in such a short amount of pages. I would recomended to people who dont read a lot.
Julie Decker
Harold and George, aiming to take their pet pterodactyl back to WHEN he came from, end up entering an alternate reality and everything's backwards. What are you supposed to make of it when school lunch tastes like food? And there's such a thing as NICE, KIND teachers? What kind of place is this? It almost seems like the kind of place a kid would want to hang out . . . if only their nemeses, Evil Harold and Evil George, weren't there plotting their downfall. You've heard of fighting amongst each ...more
Liban Said

eddddfffffcccd
decided

s

Kerry
I am laughing that 1) this book has 4700 ratings and 2) the average rating is over 4 stars. So, granted, I read this book with my 6yo son (who picked it out from the library) and it was obviously geared toward 6yo boys and not their mothers. But still, I'm a fan of books where kids actually LEARN something. If you're goal is just to get your kid to learn to read better or enjoy reading and he/she likes this book, then yes, it probably deserves more starts. But from the parent perspective where t ...more
William Newton
It's a kids book but it's laugh out loud funny and it has a well structured story
Aiden Mcknight
This for me is my 3rd favorite book!
PWRL
Sep 11, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
O,
SM*
Kath
This is the first Captain Underpants I have read. I laughed in places, rolled my eyes in others, and skipped some spots. I didn't get all the potty humor. It was a bit overkill. Would I want my child on a steady diet of this? No. Was I happy to read a children's' book that has sparked heated debate and made parents, educators, and kids question the purpose and value of reading? You bet!
Kayla Mcminn
My Fav books in Year 6-9, Use to read them all the time, even printed off word finds and did activity books around Captain Underpants, Dav Pilkey did a good job with these books. I think my brother still has ALL of them, and my sister has some on her bookshelves.

Maybe, just maybe it's time for a re-read and a good ol' laugh.
captain underpants 2 5 Dec 23, 2014 01:26PM
  • The Frandidate (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, #7)
  • Attack of the Ninja Frogs (Dragonbreath, #2)
  • Stanley and the Magic Lamp (Flat Stanley, #2)
  • Stink and the World's Worst Super-Stinky Sneakers (Stink, #3)
  • Brave New Pond (Squish, #2)
  • Down And Out Down Under (Geronimo Stilton, #29)
  • Bone, Vol. 7: Ghost Circles (Bone, #7)
  • From the Top (Big Nate)
  • Haunted Castle on Hallow's Eve (Magic Tree House, #30)
David "Dav" Pilkey (b. March 4, 1966), is a popular children's author and artist. Pilkey is best known as the author and illustrator of the Captain Underpants book series. He lives near Seattle, Washington with his wife, Sayuri.

More about Dav Pilkey...

Captain Underpants (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Adventures of Captain Underpants (Captain Underpants, #1)
  • Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets (Captain Underpants, #2)
  • Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies from Outer Space and the Subsequent Assault of the Equally Evil Lunchroom Zombie Nerds (Captain Underpants, #3)
  • Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants (Captain Underpants, #4)
  • Captain Underpants and the Wrath of the Wicked Wedgie Woman (Captain Underpants, #5)
  • Captain Underpants and the Big, Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy, Part 1: The Night of the Nasty Nostril Nuggets (Captain Underpants, #6)
  • Captain Underpants and the Big Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy, Part 2: Revenge of the Ridiculous Robo-Boogers (Captain Underpants, #7)
  • Captain Underpants and the Terrifying Return of Tippy Tinkletrousers (Captain Underpants, #9)
  • Captain Underpants and the Revolting Revenge of the Radioactive Robo-Boxers (Captain Underpants, #10)
  • Captain Underpants and the Tyrannical Retaliation of the Turbo Toilet 2000
The Adventures of Captain Underpants (Captain Underpants, #1) Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets (Captain Underpants, #2) The Adventures of Ook and Gluk, Kung-Fu Cavemen from the Future Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants (Captain Underpants, #4) Captain Underpants and the Big, Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy, Part 1: The Night of the Nasty Nostril Nuggets (Captain Underpants, #6)

“It's been said that adults spend the first two years of their children's lives trying to make them walk and talk, and the next sixteen years trying to get them to sit down and shut up.
It's the same way with potty training: Most adults spend the first few years of a child's life cheerfully discussing pee and poopies, and how important it is to learn to put your pee-pee and poo-poo in the potty like big people do.
But once children have mastered the art of toilet training, they are immeadiately forbidden to ever talk about poop, pee, toilets and other bathroom-related subjects again. Such things are now considered rude and vulgar, and are no longer rewarded with praise and cookies and juice boxes.
One day you're a superstar because you pooped in the toilet like a big boy, and the next day you're sitting in the principal's office because you said the word "poopy" in American History class (which, if you ask me, is the perfect place to say that word).”
37 likes
“Gee, that worked out pretty good," said Harold. "...I guess everything worked out perfectly!"
"Yeah, nice going," said George, looking a bit annoyed. "Why do you have to say things like that?"
"Things like what?" asked Harold.
"Haven't you been paying attention in these stories?" asked George. "Every time somebody says something like that, it always means that a buncha bad stuff is just about to happen."
"But what could possibly go wrong now?" asked Harold.
"FREEZE!" shouted the Chief of Police. "You guys are under arrest!”
4 likes