Start by marking “Hollywood Rocks!: The Ultimate Guide to the 1980's Hollywood, California Rock-N-Roll Music Scene” as Want to Read:

4.77 of 5 stars 4.77  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The Sunset Strip, home to such legendary venues as The Whiskey, The Roxy, The Viper Room and The Key Club (formerly Gazarri's), first came to prominence in the early 1980's when an army of spandex-clad pioneers emerged from the trashy gutters of downtown Hollywood. In an explosion of youthful exhuberance and truly fantastic performances, the Strip became the breeding groun ...more
Published May 1st 2009 by Cleopatra (first published September 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Hollywood Rocks!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hollywood Rocks!

Tiny Pants
I've owned the CD boxed set that accompanies this for years, but never owned the book -- it was expensive when it came out, I always figured I'd get it later, then poof! Out of print. So I jumped on it when I saw a used copy on Amazon for $4.99 -- an even better deal when it turned out to be a hardcover (I'd thought I was getting a paperback).

Long story short: Worth the wait. The little paperback that comes with the CDs (which are AMAZING, BTW) has more in terms of information on these different
Kitt-e-kat
Not alot of reading. Mainly pictures of all the hair bands from the 80's and early 90's. Also shows old official show flyers that were posted during that time of bands playing all the famous rock clubs on the sunset strip of L.A. Gives a bio of each of the bands popular back then. Loved the book. Takes me back to the good ol rock n roll glam metal days...lot's of memories!!
Derek Tatum
This book is, simply put, an amazing time capsule. It's fascinating to see how many sleaze-rock/glam metal bands proliferated in 1980's L.A. I've always been drawn to a mix of glamour and the gutter, and this book is a window into a rock'n'roll era. Excellent.
Jasmine
Jasmine marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
April Marshall
April Marshall marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Conal Cochran
Conal Cochran marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2013
Mary Frey
Mary Frey marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2013
Mysara
Mysara marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2013
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
May 31, 2013
Andres Brenes vega
Andres Brenes vega marked it as to-read
May 01, 2013
Shannon Cowman
Shannon Cowman marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2013
Melissa H
Melissa H marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2013
Bridgid
Bridgid marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2012
Rod Davidson
Rod Davidson marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2012
Lori Chavers-blankenship
Lori Chavers-blankenship marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2012
Lacey
Lacey marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2012
Daniella
Daniella marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2012
Christian J
Christian J marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2012
Heidi Sinderman
Heidi Sinderman marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2011
David
David added it
Aug 25, 2010
Dr. Detroit
Dr. Detroit marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2010